|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimatum did the company officers give Major Strayer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Alrbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) They would quit if Horton wasn't replaced.
(b) They would quit if Sobel wasn't replaced.
(c) They would quit if Hester wasn't replaced.
(d) They would quit if Winters wasn't replaced.
2. Who was demoted from regimental to battalion staff due to his excessive drinking in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) Captain Lewis Nixon.
(b) Captain Herbert Sobel.
(c) Captain Salve Matheson.
(d) Major Oliver Horton.
3. What refers to a court consisting of military or naval personnel appointed by a commander to try charges of offenses by soldiers or sailors against military or naval law?
(a) Court martial.
(b) Military court.
(c) Kangaroo court.
(d) Presidential court.
4. What Normandy and Holland veteran broke under the pressure of seeing two of his closest friends seriously injured by heavy artillery at Bastogne in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Thomas A. Peacock.
(b) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
(c) Lieutenant Robert Rousch.
(d) Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
5. Easy Company was involved with a mission to take what beach on D-Day?
(a) Utah Beach.
(b) Idaho Beach.
(c) California Beach.
(d) Oregon Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945" Easy Company traveled into Germany as an occupation force rather than what?
2. What did most of the Germans do when the American troops reached the village north of Noville in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
3. How many of Easy Company's boats made it across the river in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
4. At the end of October, 1943, Sobel assigned Winters to what inspection duty?
5. One of the incompetent officers who attempted to take command of Easy Company was suspected of doing what so he could be evacuated in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)