|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Yoko's teacher, Mr. Enomoto deliver to the class?
(a) That the war is over.
(b) That Manchuria must be evacuated.
(c) That Nanan is under attack.
(d) That Tokyo had been bombed.
2. Even though it is against the law, what do the planes do?
(a) They attack Seoul.
(b) They bomb the train.
(c) They fly prisoners across international borders.
(d) They fly through a no-fly zone.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Yoko see for the first time once in Japan?
(a) A movie.
(b) A plane.
(c) A bus.
(d) A streetcar.
4. What items does the trash man save for Yoko?
(a) Notebooks, a binder, paper clips, and a ruler.
(b) A slide rule, scissors, a compass, and a dictionary.
(c) Scissors, pens, tape, and glue.
(d) A thesaurus, a calculator, paint, and an eraser.
5. Why does Yoko hand deliver her manuscript?
(a) It is too heavy to mail.
(b) She doesn't have enough money to mail it.
(c) It is supposed to be hand-delivered.
(d) She is required to read it aloud to the judges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Kims hide Hideyo's possessions?
2. Where does Hideyo work?
3. What trait does Mrs. Masuda personify?
4. What age is Yoko at the start of the story?
5. What is the title of Yoko's work?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)