|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Yoko's family sprayed with chemicals?
(a) To kill any lice and bugs.
(b) To rid them of disease.
(c) To disinfect the dirty uniforms.
(d) To immunize them.
2. How does Yoko nearly reveal the family's hiding place in Chapter 2?
(a) By throwing up.
(b) By crying.
(c) By tripping.
(d) By sneezing.
3. What items does the trash man save for Yoko?
(a) A thesaurus, a calculator, paint, and an eraser.
(b) Scissors, pens, tape, and glue.
(c) A slide rule, scissors, a compass, and a dictionary.
(d) Notebooks, a binder, paper clips, and a ruler.
4. What is the first thing the family eats after four days of not eating anything?
5. What is a plausible explanation for the Russians not realizing that Hideyo and his friends were Japanese and not Korean?
(a) The Russians may have assumed that Japanese and Koreans looked the same.
(b) The Russians don't speak Korean so they didn't know any better.
(c) The Russians are too trusting of the enemy.
(d) The Russians don't realize Hideyo was speaking Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hideyo's motivation to live through the snow storm?
2. When Hideyo leaves his friends, where does he head?
3. Which character is chosen to entertain soldiers at the hospital?
4. What does Ko call Yoko?
5. One lesson learned by Hideyo in Chapter 4 could be summarized as:
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)