|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to food and supplies, what does Hideyo take?
(a) His family's heirlooms.
(b) His father's gun.
(c) His family portrait.
(d) His family's savings book.
2. Why do the Korean Communists stage a raid at Hideyo's workplace?
(a) To take supplies.
(b) To steal military secrets.
(c) To recruit new soldiers.
(d) To kill Japanese youth.
3. What risk do the nurse and medic take on the train bound for Seoul?
(a) They let the family go free.
(b) They provide the family with an alternate identity.
(c) They take Yoko and Ko into hiding.
(d) They lie about the condition of Yoko's family.
4. What trait does Mrs. Masuda personify?
5. Which family member is injured by an explosion in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is chosen to entertain soldiers at the hospital?
2. What is like "tons of stone"?
3. What does the group of four friends find when they return to their village?
4. What is stolen from Hideyo's room at home?
5. What does Hideyo consider taking from the dead soldier?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)