|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yoko's family survive?
(a) By taking cover.
(b) By ambushing their enemy.
(c) By hiding behind a wall.
(d) By hitting the ground quickly.
2. What does the train stop to get?
(a) Coal and water.
(b) More prisoners.
3. What happens to Yoko in chapter three?
(a) She is separated from her family.
(b) She loses her arm.
(c) Her ear is injured.
(d) She is cut.
4. What is Yoko given that she describes as a "precious treasure"?
(a) A bottle of milk.
(c) Mother's short sword.
(d) A piece of jewelry.
5. What happens to the three soldiers when they confront Yoko's family?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are ambushed.
(c) A bomb kills them.
(d) They surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the soldiers quickly leave the boxcar in which Yoko, Ko, and Mother are located?
2. During the train ride, what happens?
3. What theme does the story allude to?
4. How long is the journey to Pusan by train?
5. How does Yoko nearly reveal the family's hiding place in Chapter 2?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)