|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother ties strings to Yoko's and Ko's wrists?
(a) So they don't lose each other.
(b) As part of a Japanese tradition.
(c) As a punishment.
(d) So they can't escape.
2. What is a plausible explanation for the Russians not realizing that Hideyo and his friends were Japanese and not Korean?
(a) The Russians don't realize Hideyo was speaking Japanese.
(b) The Russians may have assumed that Japanese and Koreans looked the same.
(c) The Russians don't speak Korean so they didn't know any better.
(d) The Russians are too trusting of the enemy.
3. Who do Hideyo and his friends encounter on their journey towards Seoul?
(a) Two Korean Communists.
(b) Two girls.
(c) Two refugees.
(d) Two Russian soldiers.
4. Why does Yoko's family live in Korea?
(a) The family was exiled.
(b) The family was in hiding.
(c) Father works for the government in Manchuria.
(d) Father is a native Korean.
5. How does Ko change her appearance?
(a) She shaves her head.
(b) She puts on makeup.
(c) She wears glasses.
(d) She dyes her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member is injured by an explosion in Chapter 3?
2. What proves to be a problem with Yoko's disguise?
3. In addition to food and supplies, what does Hideyo take?
4. What do the police barge into the family's home and take in addition to mother's wedding ring?
5. What outrages Hideyo?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)