|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Korean Communists resent the Japanese?
(a) Because they were racists.
(b) Because the Japanese killed so many Koreans in World War I.
(c) Because they were under Japanese rule for so long.
(d) Because they believed in a different religion.
2. Who gives the family some difficulty?
(a) The pregnant woman.
(b) The stationmaster.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The nurse.
3. Why does Mother ties strings to Yoko's and Ko's wrists?
(a) As a punishment.
(b) So they don't lose each other.
(c) So they can't escape.
(d) As part of a Japanese tradition.
4. What does the train stop to get?
(a) Coal and water.
(b) More prisoners.
5. During the train ride, what happens?
(a) The soldiers beat the passengers.
(b) The passengers are forbidden to talk.
(c) The pregnant woman gives birth.
(d) The family gets separated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police barge into the family's home and take in addition to mother's wedding ring?
2. What disease do the Korean Communists think mother has?
3. Who has landed near Nanan?
4. What does Hideyo do instead of going to war?
5. How does Yoko nearly reveal the family's hiding place in Chapter 2?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)