|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proves to be a problem with Yoko's disguise?
(a) Her size.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her native language.
(d) Her gender.
2. Why does Mother ties strings to Yoko's and Ko's wrists?
(a) As a punishment.
(b) So they don't lose each other.
(c) So they can't escape.
(d) As part of a Japanese tradition.
3. What food does Hideyo share with his friends?
(a) Milk and cookies.
(b) Cheese and crackers.
(c) To school.
(d) Fish and biscuits.
4. What does father direct the family to do in the bamboo grove?
(a) Cut it down.
(b) Hide their valuables.
(c) Dig a shelter.
(d) Set it on fire.
5. Which character is referred to as "honorable?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Korean Communists stage a raid at Hideyo's workplace?
2. What does the train stop to get?
3. What is Hideyo packing into metal-lined wooden boxes at the start of Chapter 4?
4. In addition to food and supplies, what does Hideyo take?
5. What does Hideyo do instead of going to war?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)