1. Why does Mother ties strings to Yoko's and Ko's wrists?
(a) So they don't lose each other.
(b) As part of a Japanese tradition.
(c) As a punishment.
(d) So they can't escape.
2. What do the police barge into the family's home and take in addition to mother's wedding ring?
(b) Silver necklace.
(c) Wire-rimmed glasses.
(d) Family heirlooms.
3. What does Yoko study at school in addition to calligraphy and Japanese dancing?
(a) Tea ceremonies.
4. Which character is bandaged from head to toe?
(a) Corporal Matsumura.
(c) Major Ryu.
(d) Mr. Enomoto.
5. How does the family feel when Hideyo fails his written exam for the military?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are surprised.
(d) They are overjoyed.
6. Which character is chosen to entertain soldiers at the hospital?
(c) Mr. Enomoto.
7. What does Hideyo do instead of going to war?
(a) Goes to school.
(b) Goes to America.
(c) Goes to work in the factory.
(d) Goes to jail.
This section contains 4,297 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)