|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, why can't he put out a fire at a naturalized citizen's house?
(a) They don't have the right to have their fires put out.
(b) They do not know how to make tea properly.
(c) They cannot be insured.
(d) They drive on the wrong side of the road.
2. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
(a) A conscientious doctor should die with his patient.
(b) The doctor left a hole in his side.
(c) Mrs. Smith died.
(d) Mary developed the hiccups.
3. Why does Mary recite a poem?
(a) To honor the Martins.
(b) To honor the Smiths.
(c) To honor the Fire Chief.
(d) To annoy the cast.
4. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
5. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
(a) He doesn't have the right to extinguish clergymen's fires.
(b) He does not have any tea.
(c) His doorbell is broken.
(d) The Vicar is already insured against fires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
2. When do the Watsons not have business competition?
3. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
4. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
5. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)