|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary want to tell the rest of the cast after all the stories have been told?
(a) She wants to quit.
(b) Her own story.
(c) It is time for bed.
(d) They are ridiculous people.
2. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To give them to his mother.
(b) To paint them yellow.
(c) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
(d) To get a refund.
3. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
(b) It must be true because colds are terribly common.
(c) Almost unbelievable.
4. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
(a) It ate too much ground glass.
(b) It was in a hurry.
(c) It was trying to improve the stock.
(d) The cow was too lazy to birth the calf.
5. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
(a) He thinks the Martins have already eaten.
(b) He was not expecting visitors.
(c) He is hungry and has been waiting for them to arrive.
(d) Mr. Martin is wearing his suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What line do all the characters on stage chant at the end of the last scene?
2. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
3. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
4. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
5. According to Mr. Martin, what improves social progress?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)