|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) He is too tired.
(b) He can't remember it.
(c) He must put out a fire in the kitchen.
(d) He doesn't know if he has enough time.
2. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
(a) Suckle them when they are small.
(b) Sends them away.
(d) Teach them to hunt.
3. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
(a) Hose his toes.
(b) Chase a fox.
(c) Throw a chicken.
(d) Lay an egg in a box.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
(a) A conductor.
(b) Police Chief.
(c) A confessor.
5. Why didn't Mr. Martin see himself in the mirror that morning?
(a) He was too busy.
(b) He did not have his reading glasses.
(c) He wasn't there yet.
(d) He was downstairs finishing his tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
2. What is unusual about Mrs. Smith's statement about having changed her dress?
3. What orders has the Fire Chief been given?
4. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
5. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)