|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, how does he know Mary?
(a) She extinguished his first fires.
(b) She was in the kitchen when he was putting out the fire.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She poured him tea last Tuesday.
2. What inconsistencies exist about Mrs. Watson's appearance?
(a) Her hair color.
(b) Her size and height.
(c) Her race.
(d) The color of her eyes.
3. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
(a) 4:45 p.m.
(b) 1:00 a.m.
(c) 12:00 p.m.
(d) 8:30 a.m.
4. What does Mr. Smith enjoy when he is in the country?
(a) Solitude and quiet.
(c) His tea.
5. According to the Fire Chief, why can't he put out a fire at a naturalized citizen's house?
(a) They drive on the wrong side of the road.
(b) They don't have the right to have their fires put out.
(c) They cannot be insured.
(d) They do not know how to make tea properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
2. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
3. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
4. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
5. Which character suddenly says, "I've been goosed."?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)