|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
(a) A clerk.
(b) A shop-assistant.
(c) A monophysite priest.
(d) A typist.
2. How does Mrs. Smith respond to the Fire Chief's embarrassing comment?
(a) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(b) It ticks.
(c) The bald soprano?
(d) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
3. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mrs. Martin.
(d) Mr. Smith.
4. Why does Mr. Smith refuse to follow the advice he is given by the Fire Chief?
(a) He cannot find the matches.
(b) He already kissed his wife.
(c) He does not want tea.
(d) It is raining.
5. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what weapon does the fox possess?
2. According to Mr. Martin, where does charity begin?
3. How does Mr. Martin bid the Fire Chief farewell?
4. Who is at the door when Mr. Smith opens it?
5. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)