|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
(b) An egg.
(c) A chicken.
(d) Sore toes.
2. According to the Fire Chief, why can't he put out a fire at a naturalized citizen's house?
(a) They do not know how to make tea properly.
(b) They cannot be insured.
(c) They drive on the wrong side of the road.
(d) They don't have the right to have their fires put out.
3. How many helpings of fish did Mrs. Smith have at dinner?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what can't a person buy for his grandfather?
(a) A grandmother.
(d) A pocketknife.
5. When did Bobby Watson die?
(a) He is scheduled to die next Tuesday.
(b) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
(c) The day before yesterday.
(d) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
2. In the story, "The Headcold", who caught the cold?
3. What explanation does Mary give for leaving the house?
4. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
5. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)