|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, where does charity begin?
(a) At home.
(b) Over the hedge.
(c) At church.
(d) In the bedroom.
2. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
(a) He did not get a nap that afternoon.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He has wet his pants.
(d) He is foolish at heart.
3. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Martins?
(a) Have you a door?
(b) May I kiss your wife, sir?
(c) There's nothing burning at your house either?
(d) Have you any tea?
4. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
5. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
(a) Recite poetry.
(b) Eat chicken.
(c) Drink tea.
(d) Eat scones.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
2. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
3. What is the name of Mr. Martin's daughter?
4. What complaint does Mrs. Smith have about men?
5. What did Mary buy for herself?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)