|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
(a) Mr. Smith was hiding.
(b) The Fire Chief was already in the kitchen.
(c) Mr. Smith was in the kitchen.
(d) The Fire Chief was hiding.
2. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
(a) The cure for the common cold.
(b) A listing of genealogies.
(c) The work of a famous doctor.
3. What poem does Mary recite?
(a) The Fire.
(b) Poor Poetry.
(d) The Blaze.
4. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) He doesn't know if he has enough time.
(b) He is too tired.
(c) He must put out a fire in the kitchen.
(d) He can't remember it.
5. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
(a) The Vicar is already insured against fires.
(b) He doesn't have the right to extinguish clergymen's fires.
(c) He does not have any tea.
(d) His doorbell is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last scene of the play, who would Mr. Martin like to slap?
2. What silly name do Mrs. Smith and Mr. Martin create out of Robert Browning and Rudyard Kipling's names?
3. What does Mrs. Smith ask the Fire Chief to do?
4. Who is at the door when Mr. Smith opens it?
5. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)