|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, how does he know Mary?
(a) She extinguished his first fires.
(b) She poured him tea last Tuesday.
(c) She was in the kitchen when he was putting out the fire.
(d) She is his cousin.
2. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
3. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
(a) To put out the fire.
(b) He did not ring the bell.
(c) To be admitted to the house.
(d) To finish the tea.
4. What sound do the Smiths argue about?
(a) The meaning of the gong.
(b) The meaning of a ringing doorbell.
(c) The caller on the telephone.
(d) The sound of Mary's shoes.
5. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
(a) Hose his toes.
(b) Lay an egg in a box.
(c) Throw a chicken.
(d) Chase a fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
2. What is Mrs. Watson's first name?
3. Why does Mary recite a poem?
4. According to Mr. Smith, what must one always think of?
5. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)