|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Martins?
(a) Have you any tea?
(b) May I kiss your wife, sir?
(c) Have you a door?
(d) There's nothing burning at your house either?
2. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
3. How does Mr. Martin bid the Fire Chief farewell?
(a) See you in cinders!
(b) Burn well!
(c) Smouldering, always smouldering.
(d) Good luck, and a good fire!
4. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
(a) She finds him charming.
(b) He claims to have saved her life.
(c) He is collecting kisses.
(d) He pretends to be Mr. Smith.
5. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
(a) Mr. Martin is wearing his suit.
(b) He thinks the Martins have already eaten.
(c) He is hungry and has been waiting for them to arrive.
(d) He was not expecting visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
2. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what weapon does the fox possess?
3. What is Mr. Martin's first name?
4. According to the Fire Chief, how does he know Mary?
5. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)