|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
(a) Police Chief.
(c) A conductor.
(d) A confessor.
2. Which mildly offensive word does Mrs. Smith begin to chant after Mr. Smith begins his bird name chant?
(b) Darn it.
(c) Doo doo.
(d) Poo Poo.
3. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
(a) He is collecting kisses.
(b) He claims to have saved her life.
(c) He pretends to be Mr. Smith.
(d) She finds him charming.
4. According to Mr. Martin, who is William?
(a) A typist.
(b) A monophysite priest.
(c) A shop-assistant.
(d) A clerk.
5. How does Mr. Martin bid the Fire Chief farewell?
(a) Good luck, and a good fire!
(b) Smouldering, always smouldering.
(c) See you in cinders!
(d) Burn well!
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
2. What comment does Mrs. Martin make about Mary's poem?
3. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
4. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
5. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)