|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion do Mr. and Mrs. Martin reach at the end of their discussion?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They do not know each other.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are married.
2. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
(a) It was the handsomest corpse in Great Britain.
(b) It was too quiet.
(c) It was the politest corpse in Great Britain
(d) His tie was a bit crooked.
3. What advice does the Fire Chief give the Smiths after the doorbell discussion has ended?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Kiss each other.
(c) Light another fire.
(d) Pour the tea.
4. According to Mr. Martin, who is William?
(a) A clerk.
(b) A monophysite priest.
(c) A shop-assistant.
(d) A typist.
5. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
(a) She courted Mr. Smith.
(b) They rode the train together.
(c) She was in the kitchen when it caught fire.
(d) She was Mr. Smith's first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Watsons not have business competition?
2. How many helpings of fish did Mrs. Smith have at dinner?
3. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
4. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
5. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)