|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound do the Smiths argue about?
(a) The sound of Mary's shoes.
(b) The meaning of the gong.
(c) The caller on the telephone.
(d) The meaning of a ringing doorbell.
2. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
(a) A grocer.
(b) A monophysite priest.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A typist.
3. On what street does Mr. Martin live?
(a) Bromfield Street.
(b) Piccadilly Street.
(c) Cherry Lane.
(d) Martin Ave.
4. What explanation does Mary give for leaving the house?
(a) The Smiths had given her permission to leave.
(b) She was sleepy.
(c) She heard a beautiful song and followed the notes.
(d) She was thirsty.
5. What does the Fire Chief expect to see later that evening?
(a) A beautiful sunset.
(b) A roaring blaze at his flat.
(c) A straw fire and a little heartburn.
(d) A movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
2. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
3. What nickname does Mary give herself?
4. Why does Mary scold Mr. and Mrs. Martin?
5. What advice does the Fire Chief give the Smiths after the doorbell discussion has ended?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)