|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
(a) The train was late.
(b) Mary wouldn't answer the door.
(c) They got lost.
2. What silly name do Mrs. Smith and Mr. Martin create out of Robert Browning and Rudyard Kipling's names?
(a) Rubert Kiping.
(b) Robyard Brownling.
(c) Rudyard Browning.
(d) Robert Kipling.
3. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
(b) Sore toes.
(c) An egg.
(d) A chicken.
4. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
(d) A foot rub.
5. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
(a) Recite poetry.
(b) Eat scones.
(c) Drink tea.
(d) Eat chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Martin's daughter?
2. What city do the Martin's have in common?
3. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
4. What does Bobby Watson do on Tuesdays?
5. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)