|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) He is too tired.
(b) He must put out a fire in the kitchen.
(c) He doesn't know if he has enough time.
(d) He can't remember it.
2. According to Mrs. Martin, why have there been so few fires the past year?
(a) The tariffs have been too high.
(b) The price of tea has been terribly high.
(c) The rain has been too heavy.
(d) The children are too well behaved.
3. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
(a) She offers to go search for a fire.
(b) She offers to pour the tea.
(c) She is willing to give him a kiss.
(d) She points out the door.
4. In the final scene of the play, which bird name does Mr. Smith begin to chant?
5. In the last scene, where does Mr. Smith wish to live?
(a) Somewhere over the rainbow.
(b) In his cabana among his cacao trees.
(c) In the south of France.
(d) In a treehouse in London park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
2. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
3. What is unusual about the dialogue on the last page of the play?
4. Why did the Fire Chief stand outside by the door for a long time before ringing the bell?
5. Why does Mrs. Smith believe the Martins must have interesting stories to tell?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)