|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
(a) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
(b) The day before yesterday.
(c) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
(d) A year and a half before the time in which the play is set.
2. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) He is too tired.
(b) He must put out a fire in the kitchen.
(c) He doesn't know if he has enough time.
(d) He can't remember it.
3. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
(a) Mr. Smith was hiding.
(b) Mr. Smith was in the kitchen.
(c) The Fire Chief was hiding.
(d) The Fire Chief was already in the kitchen.
4. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
(a) A trip to London.
(b) A silver salver.
(c) A silver spoon.
(d) A wooden spoon.
5. What type of stories does the Fire Chief tell?
(a) Adventure stories.
(b) Tall tales.
(c) True stories.
(d) Fairy tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
2. What conclusion do Mr. and Mrs. Martin reach at the end of their discussion?
3. What complaint does Mrs. Smith have about men?
4. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
5. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)