|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
(a) The time of the accident.
(b) The age of the newborn babies.
(c) The actions of the deceased.
(d) The time.
2. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
(b) Sends them away.
(c) Suckle them when they are small.
(d) Teach them to hunt.
3. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Tying his shoelace.
(c) Running up and down the tracks.
4. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A silver salver.
(d) Her mother-in-law's slippers.
5. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
(a) The train was late.
(b) Mary wouldn't answer the door.
(c) They got lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
2. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
3. Why didn't Mr. Martin see himself in the mirror that morning?
4. According to Mr. Smith, what behavior do Mary and the Fire Chief demonstrate?
5. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)