|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
(a) A grocer.
(b) A typist.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A monophysite priest.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) Someone is at the door waiting to be admitted.
(b) The fire is out.
(c) The tea is ready.
(d) No one is at the door.
3. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
(a) The first half.
(d) The second half.
4. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mr. Martin sit?
(a) Coach No. 1.
(b) Coach No. 8.
(c) The Engine.
(d) Coach No. 2.
5. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
(a) He just put out a fire in the kitchen.
(b) They rode the train together.
(c) He is an old friend of the family.
(d) He is Mrs. Smith's first husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who briefly begins the play again after the last scene?
2. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
3. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
4. Why does Mrs. Martin want the Fire Chief to retell the story of "The Headcold"?
5. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)