|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
(a) A monophysite priest.
(b) A typist.
(c) A shop-assistant.
(d) A clerk.
2. What poem does Mary recite?
(a) Poor Poetry.
(b) The Blaze.
(d) The Fire.
3. Who is Mary?
(a) The Smith's cook and maid.
(b) The Martin's cook and maid.
(c) The Smith's daughter.
(d) The next door neighbor.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) Someone is at the door waiting to be admitted.
(b) The tea is ready.
(c) No one is at the door.
(d) The fire is out.
5. What is Mrs. Watson's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
2. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
3. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, why have there been so few fires the past year?
5. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)