|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Fire Chief stand outside by the door for a long time before ringing the bell?
(a) He was humming.
(b) He was thinking.
(c) He was looking for a fire.
(d) He was talking to Mary.
2. Which mildly offensive word does Mrs. Smith begin to chant after Mr. Smith begins his bird name chant?
(a) Doo doo.
(c) Darn it.
(d) Poo Poo.
3. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
(a) Sends them away.
(b) Teach them to hunt.
(c) Suckle them when they are small.
4. What silly name do Mrs. Smith and Mr. Martin create out of Robert Browning and Rudyard Kipling's names?
(a) Rubert Kiping.
(b) Robert Kipling.
(c) Rudyard Browning.
(d) Robyard Brownling.
5. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He answers the door.
(b) He sits down without removing his helmet.
(c) He stands in front of the divan.
(d) He eats the scones, but does not pour the tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
2. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
3. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
4. According to Mr. Martin, who is Edward?
5. What does Bobby Watson do on Tuesdays?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)