|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
(b) The train was late.
(c) Mary wouldn't answer the door.
(d) They got lost.
2. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
(a) A year and a half before the time in which the play is set.
(b) The day before yesterday.
(c) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
(d) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
3. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
(a) A sprite in the night.
(b) An eagle on the wing.
(c) A bird in the bush.
(d) A robin in a bobbin.
4. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
(a) She slept in the park and was arrested for loitering.
(b) She went to the cinema, drank brandy and milk, and read the paper.
(c) She sang in the park, drank sherry, and danced in the kitchen.
(d) She recited poetry in the foyer, drank rum, and slept on the divan.
5. What comment does Mrs. Martin make about Mary's poem?
(a) It was timid, dull, and exciting.
(b) It sent chills up her spine.
(c) It was marvelous.
(d) There was a certain warmth in the lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, how does he know Mary?
2. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
3. What explanation does Mary give for leaving the house?
4. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
5. How does Mrs. Smith respond to the Fire Chief's embarrassing comment?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)