|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He answers the door.
(b) He sits down without removing his helmet.
(c) He eats the scones, but does not pour the tea.
(d) He stands in front of the divan.
2. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
(a) A wooden spoon.
(b) A trip to London.
(c) A silver spoon.
(d) A silver salver.
3. What does Mary claim is her real name?
(a) Mary Martin.
(b) Bobby Watson.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
4. What does Bobby Watson do on Tuesdays?
(a) Runs and jumps.
(b) Rests and sleeps.
(c) Sits and thinks.
(d) Eats and drinks.
5. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
(a) 4:45 p.m.
(b) 8:30 a.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
2. According to the Fire Chief, who puts out the Vicar's fires?
3. According to Mrs. Martin, what can't a person buy for his grandfather?
4. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
5. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)