|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, why was the second Marie from the story "The Headcold" also named Marie?
(a) Because she was blonde, like the first Marie.
(b) They are twins.
(c) Because she was a typist, like the first Marie.
(d) She is the second cousin twice removed of the first Marie.
2. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Dog and the Cow", why didn't the dog swallow his trunk?
(a) He didn't have any tea.
(b) Because he thought he was an elephant.
(c) Because it was too heavy.
(d) The trunk was too big.
3. What silly name do Mrs. Smith and Mr. Martin create out of Robert Browning and Rudyard Kipling's names?
(a) Rudyard Browning.
(b) Robyard Brownling.
(c) Robert Kipling.
(d) Rubert Kiping.
4. How does Mr. Martin bid the Fire Chief farewell?
(a) Smouldering, always smouldering.
(b) Good luck, and a good fire!
(c) See you in cinders!
(d) Burn well!
5. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Smith scold Mary?
2. What explanation does Mary give for leaving the house?
3. Whom does Mr. Smith wish would marry his maid?
4. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
5. What is Mrs. Watson's first name?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)