|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many helpings of fish did Mrs. Smith have at dinner?
2. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
(b) Mary wouldn't answer the door.
(c) They got lost.
(d) The train was late.
3. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
(a) Suckle them when they are small.
(c) Teach them to hunt.
(d) Sends them away.
4. What complaint does Mrs. Smith have about men?
(a) They snore and sing in their sleep.
(b) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
(c) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses, and drinking.
(d) They eat too little and drink too much.
5. Why does Mary recite a poem?
(a) To honor the Martins.
(b) To honor the Fire Chief.
(c) To annoy the cast.
(d) To honor the Smiths.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
2. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
3. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
4. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
5. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)