|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Smith respond to the Fire Chief's embarrassing comment?
(a) The bald soprano?
(b) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
(c) It ticks.
(d) She always wears her hair in the same style.
2. According to the Fire Chief, why did the young woman asphyxiate?
(a) She did not drink her tea.
(b) She was waiting for someone to answer the door.
(c) She thought her gas was her comb.
(d) She sat for too long.
3. Which part of the alphabet does Mr. Smith quote in the last scene?
(a) The second half.
(c) The first half.
4. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Dog and the Cow", why didn't the dog swallow his trunk?
(a) The trunk was too big.
(b) Because he thought he was an elephant.
(c) Because it was too heavy.
(d) He didn't have any tea.
5. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
(a) First class.
(c) Second class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mildly offensive word does Mrs. Smith begin to chant after Mr. Smith begins his bird name chant?
2. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
3. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
4. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
5. Whom did Dr. Mackenzie-King operate on before he operated on Parker?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)