|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Smiths?
(a) Where is the tea?
(b) Where is the door?
(c) Have you a light?
(d) Is there a fire here?
2. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
(a) He is foolish at heart.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He has wet his pants.
(d) He did not get a nap that afternoon.
3. Why does Mr. Smith refuse to follow the advice he is given by the Fire Chief?
(a) He already kissed his wife.
(b) It is raining.
(c) He does not want tea.
(d) He cannot find the matches.
4. According to Mrs. Martin, why have there been so few fires the past year?
(a) The rain has been too heavy.
(b) The children are too well behaved.
(c) The tariffs have been too high.
(d) The price of tea has been terribly high.
5. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
(a) Voice teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
2. What observation does Mr. Smith make about the human heart?
3. What nickname does Mary give herself?
4. What train does Mrs. Martin take to London?
5. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)