|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) No one.
(c) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
(d) The Royal Navy.
2. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
(a) A ringing doorbell.
(b) Mary's movement in and out of the room.
(c) A gong.
(d) A ringing telephone.
3. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
(a) A conscientious doctor should die with his patient.
(b) Mary developed the hiccups.
(c) Mrs. Smith died.
(d) The doctor left a hole in his side.
4. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
(a) A silver salver.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) A gold ring.
(d) Her mother-in-law's slippers.
5. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Smiths?
(a) Where is the door?
(b) Is there a fire here?
(c) Where is the tea?
(d) Have you a light?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bobby Watson die?
2. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
3. According to Mr. Martin, what is a staff?
4. In the story, "The Headcold", who caught the cold?
5. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)