|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
(a) A wooden spoon.
(b) A silver salver.
(c) A trip to London.
(d) A silver spoon.
2. What is unusual about Mrs. Smith's statement about having changed her dress?
(a) She is still wearing the same clothes as before.
(b) She is wearing a bathrobe.
(c) Her dress is on backwards.
(d) She is wearing Mr. Smith's suit.
3. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
(a) She recited poetry in the foyer, drank rum, and slept on the divan.
(b) She went to the cinema, drank brandy and milk, and read the paper.
(c) She sang in the park, drank sherry, and danced in the kitchen.
(d) She slept in the park and was arrested for loitering.
4. According to Mr. Smith, what behavior do Mary and the Fire Chief demonstrate?
(b) True love.
(d) Fiery anger.
5. What rare item does the grocer Popesco Rosenfeld sell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
2. According to the Fire Chief, who puts out the Vicar's fires?
3. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
4. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
5. According to Mrs. Martin, what do cacao trees produce?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)