|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Fire Chief expect to see later that evening?
(a) A beautiful sunset.
(b) A movie.
(c) A straw fire and a little heartburn.
(d) A roaring blaze at his flat.
2. Who briefly begins the play again after the last scene?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(b) Mr. Martin and Mrs. Smith.
(c) The Fire Chief and Mary.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
3. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
(a) It must be true because colds are terribly common.
(b) Almost unbelievable.
4. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the third time?
(a) No one.
(b) He did.
(c) Mr. Smith.
5. What does Mrs. Smith ask the Fire Chief to do?
(a) Pour the tea.
(b) Stand behind the divan.
(c) Take off his helmet and sit down.
(d) Answer the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
2. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
3. What does Mr. Smith enjoy when he is in the country?
4. In the story, "The Headcold", who caught the cold?
5. What is the name of Mr. Martin's daughter?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)