|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Martins?
(a) Have you any tea?
(b) There's nothing burning at your house either?
(c) Have you a door?
(d) May I kiss your wife, sir?
2. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mrs. Martin sit?
(a) Coach No. 2.
(b) Coach No. 8.
(c) The Engine.
(d) Coach No. 1.
3. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
(a) When I say yes, it's only a manner of speaking.
(b) You are not old enough yet for that.
(c) To hell with polishing!
(d) Nevertheless, it was the cow that gave us tails.
4. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
5. According to the Fire Chief, why can't he put out a fire at a naturalized citizen's house?
(a) They cannot be insured.
(b) They don't have the right to have their fires put out.
(c) They do not know how to make tea properly.
(d) They drive on the wrong side of the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
2. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
3. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, why have there been so few fires the past year?
5. What sound do the Smiths argue about?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)