|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To give them to his mother.
(b) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
(c) To paint them yellow.
(d) To get a refund.
2. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
(a) The doctor left a hole in his side.
(b) Mrs. Smith died.
(c) A conscientious doctor should die with his patient.
(d) Mary developed the hiccups.
3. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
(a) It ate too much ground glass.
(b) It was trying to improve the stock.
(c) It was in a hurry.
(d) The cow was too lazy to birth the calf.
4. What is the name of Mr. Martin's daughter?
5. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
(b) Pushing her offstage.
(d) Drinking tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
2. How does Mary contradict Mr. and Mrs. Martin's conclusion?
3. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
4. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
5. What nickname does Mary give herself?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)