|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, what was saltier than the soup?
(a) The air.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) The biscuits.
(d) The tarts.
2. What train does Mrs. Martin take to London?
(a) The 9:30 train.
(b) The same train as Mr. Martin.
(c) She takes a cab.
(d) The same train as Mrs. Smith.
3. According to Mr. Smith, why was the second Marie from the story "The Headcold" also named Marie?
(a) She is the second cousin twice removed of the first Marie.
(b) Because she was a typist, like the first Marie.
(c) They are twins.
(d) Because she was blonde, like the first Marie.
4. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(a) Running up and down the tracks.
(c) Reading a newspaper.
(d) Tying his shoelace.
5. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He did not get a nap that afternoon.
(c) He has wet his pants.
(d) He is foolish at heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last scene of the play, who would Mr. Martin like to slap?
2. On what street does Mrs. Martin live?
3. Which character suddenly says, "I've been goosed."?
4. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
5. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)