|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
(a) A ringing telephone.
(b) A gong.
(c) Mary's movement in and out of the room.
(d) A ringing doorbell.
2. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
3. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
(a) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
(b) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses and drinking.
(c) They snore and sing in their sleep.
(d) They eat too much and drink too little.
4. According to the Fire Chief, who is insured against fires?
(a) The match dealer.
(b) The Vicar of Wakefield
(c) The fire department.
(d) The mayor.
5. Why didn't Mrs. Smith bring the bottle of Australian Burgundy to the table?
(a) She wanted to set a good example for the children.
(b) The bottle was empty.
(c) Mr. Smith wanted rum instead.
(d) It clashed with the tablecloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, what is a staff?
2. What does Mr. Smith enjoy when he is in the country?
3. Which character suddenly says, "I've been goosed."?
4. Why does Mary scold Mr. and Mrs. Martin?
5. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)