|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
(a) Recite poetry.
(b) Eat chicken.
(c) Drink tea.
(d) Eat scones.
2. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
(a) The doctor left a hole in his side.
(b) A conscientious doctor should die with his patient.
(c) Mrs. Smith died.
(d) Mary developed the hiccups.
3. Which character suddenly says, "I've been goosed."?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mrs. Martin.
(d) Mr. Smith.
4. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
(a) The floor.
(c) The chair.
(d) The lamp.
5. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) The bald soprano?
(b) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(c) It ticks.
(d) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inconsistencies exist about Mr. and Mrs. Watson's children?
2. On what street does Mrs. Martin live?
3. According to Mr. Martin, what should a person do if he catches a cold?
4. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
5. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)