|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What train does Mrs. Martin take to London?
(a) The 9:30 train.
(b) She takes a cab.
(c) The same train as Mr. Martin.
(d) The same train as Mrs. Smith.
2. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) The Fire Chief.
3. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(a) Running up and down the tracks.
(c) Reading a newspaper.
(d) Tying his shoelace.
4. Who is at the door when Mr. Smith opens it?
(a) The Martins.
(c) No one.
(d) The Fire Chief.
5. What does Mr. Smith enjoy when he is in the country?
(b) His tea.
(d) Solitude and quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, who is Edward?
2. Whom did Dr. Mackenzie-King operate on before he operated on Parker?
3. According to the Fire Chief, why can't he put out a fire at a naturalized citizen's house?
4. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
5. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)