|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When boarding the train to London, how did Mr. Martin assist Mrs. Martin?
(a) He moved to give her the window seat.
(b) He held her coat.
(c) He helped her find her seat.
(d) He placed her suitcase on the luggage rack.
2. Who is at the door when Mrs. Smith opens it?
(a) The Fire Chief.
(b) The Martins.
(d) No one.
3. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
(a) Chase a fox.
(b) Lay an egg in a box.
(c) Hose his toes.
(d) Throw a chicken.
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what do cacao trees produce?
5. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He denies knowing how to answer a door properly.
(b) He agress to pour the tea.
(c) He says he will take off his helmet, but cannot sit.
(d) He says he will sit on the divan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Martin's first name?
2. What explanation does Mary give for leaving the house?
3. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
4. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
5. How does Mary contradict Mr. and Mrs. Martin's conclusion?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)