|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary contradict Mr. and Mrs. Martin's conclusion?
(a) She reprimands them for being foolish.
(b) She says they are not who they claim to be.
(c) She sighs and says, "Just like last week."
(d) She applauds.
2. What silly name do Mrs. Smith and Mr. Martin create out of Robert Browning and Rudyard Kipling's names?
(a) Rubert Kiping.
(b) Robyard Brownling.
(c) Robert Kipling.
(d) Rudyard Browning.
3. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
(b) Second class.
(c) First class.
4. What explanation does Mary give for leaving the house?
(a) She heard a beautiful song and followed the notes.
(b) She was thirsty.
(c) She was sleepy.
(d) The Smiths had given her permission to leave.
5. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
(a) It is contradictory, and indicates the opposite of the hour.
(b) She does not have her reading glasses.
(c) It is running backwards.
(d) She must pour the tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
2. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Dog and the Cow", why didn't the dog swallow his trunk?
3. Why didn't Mr. Martin see himself in the mirror that morning?
4. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
5. What nickname does Mary give herself?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)