|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
(a) The cow.
(b) The calf.
(c) The dog.
(d) The chicken.
2. According to the Fire Chief, how does he know Mary?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She extinguished his first fires.
(c) She was in the kitchen when he was putting out the fire.
(d) She poured him tea last Tuesday.
3. What comment does Mrs. Martin make about Mary's poem?
(a) It was timid, dull, and exciting.
(b) It was marvelous.
(c) There was a certain warmth in the lines.
(d) It sent chills up her spine.
4. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mrs. Martin sit?
(a) Coach No. 1.
(b) The Engine.
(c) Coach No. 8.
(d) Coach No. 2.
5. According to Mr. Martin, what improves social progress?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
2. What poem does Mary recite?
3. Why did the Fire Chief stand outside by the door for a long time before ringing the bell?
4. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
5. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)