|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) The bald soprano?
(b) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(c) It ticks.
(d) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
2. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Martins?
(a) Have you any tea?
(b) Have you a door?
(c) May I kiss your wife, sir?
(d) There's nothing burning at your house either?
3. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
(a) A train.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A lorry.
(d) A tractor.
4. What comment does Mrs. Martin make about Mary's poem?
(a) It was timid, dull, and exciting.
(b) It was marvelous.
(c) There was a certain warmth in the lines.
(d) It sent chills up her spine.
5. According to Mr. Martin, what improves social progress?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, what is a staff?
2. According to Mrs. Martin, what do cacao trees produce?
3. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
4. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Dog and the Cow", why didn't the dog swallow his trunk?
5. What orders has the Fire Chief been given?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)