|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears unusual about Mr. and Mrs. Martin's relationship during their first scene?
(a) They complete each other's sentences.
(b) They do not recognize each other.
(c) They refuse to look at each other.
(d) They speak only to the Smiths, and not to each other.
2. What does Mrs. Smith ask the Fire Chief to do?
(a) Take off his helmet and sit down.
(b) Stand behind the divan.
(c) Pour the tea.
(d) Answer the door.
3. What is Mrs. Watson's first name?
4. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
(a) Suckle them when they are small.
(b) Sends them away.
(d) Teach them to hunt.
5. Why does Mrs. Smith believe the Martins must have interesting stories to tell?
(a) They have had an adventurous day.
(b) Because they travel a great deal.
(c) Because they are entertainers.
(d) Because the television is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
2. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
3. When do the Watsons not have business competition?
4. What does Mary claim is her real name?
5. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)