|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
(a) He does not have any tea.
(b) The Vicar is already insured against fires.
(c) He doesn't have the right to extinguish clergymen's fires.
(d) His doorbell is broken.
2. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) The Royal Navy.
(c) No one.
(d) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
3. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
(a) A silver spoon.
(b) A silver salver.
(c) A wooden spoon.
(d) A trip to London.
4. What appears unusual about Mr. and Mrs. Martin's relationship during their first scene?
(a) They do not recognize each other.
(b) They refuse to look at each other.
(c) They speak only to the Smiths, and not to each other.
(d) They complete each other's sentences.
5. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Holmes.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(d) Aunt and Uncle Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
2. What comment does Mr. Martin make about Mary's poem?
3. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
4. In the last scene, where does Mr. Smith wish to live?
5. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)