|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, why was the second Marie from the story "The Headcold" also named Marie?
(a) Because she was a typist, like the first Marie.
(b) Because she was blonde, like the first Marie.
(c) She is the second cousin twice removed of the first Marie.
(d) They are twins.
2. What rare item does the grocer Popesco Rosenfeld sell?
3. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
(a) An eagle on the wing.
(b) A bird in the bush.
(c) A robin in a bobbin.
(d) A sprite in the night.
4. According to Mr. Smith, what will happen if one caresses a circle?
(a) One might face a vicious lawsuit in the morning.
(b) It will melt.
(c) It will turn vicious.
5. What complaint does Mrs. Smith have about men?
(a) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
(b) They eat too little and drink too much.
(c) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses, and drinking.
(d) They snore and sing in their sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last scene, where does Mr. Smith wish to live?
2. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
3. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
4. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
5. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)