|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, what was saltier than the soup?
(a) The biscuits.
(b) The air.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) The tarts.
2. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
(a) They eat too much and drink too little.
(b) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
(c) They snore and sing in their sleep.
(d) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses and drinking.
3. Whom does Mr. Martin claim is going crazy?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Martin.
(c) The Fire Chief.
4. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
(a) Mary's movement in and out of the room.
(b) A gong.
(c) A ringing doorbell.
(d) A ringing telephone.
5. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
(a) A grocer.
(b) A monophysite priest.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A typist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
2. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
3. What is Mrs. Watson's first name?
4. What question does Mrs. Smith pose about Bobby Watson's work habits?
5. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)