|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the Fire Chief give the Smiths after the doorbell discussion has ended?
(a) Light another fire.
(b) Pour the tea.
(c) Kiss each other.
(d) Leave the house.
2. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
(a) He is an old friend of the family.
(b) He is Mrs. Smith's first husband.
(c) He just put out a fire in the kitchen.
(d) They rode the train together.
3. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
(a) Only a moment.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) A day.
(d) 45 minutes.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
(a) Police Chief.
(b) A confessor.
(c) A conductor.
5. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
(a) He is uninsured.
(b) He is not English.
(c) His doorbell is broken.
(d) He does not have any tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
2. Whom does Mr. Martin claim is going crazy?
3. What orders has the Fire Chief been given?
4. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
5. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)