|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the dialogue on the last page of the play?
(a) It is random and makes no sense.
(b) It is filled with quotes from famous British authors.
(c) It is filled with expletives.
(d) It is in German.
2. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
(a) The floor.
(b) The lamp.
(d) The chair.
3. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
4. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
(a) It was the handsomest corpse in Great Britain.
(b) His tie was a bit crooked.
(c) It was too quiet.
(d) It was the politest corpse in Great Britain
5. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
(a) You are not old enough yet for that.
(b) Nevertheless, it was the cow that gave us tails.
(c) To hell with polishing!
(d) When I say yes, it's only a manner of speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city do the Martin's have in common?
2. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
3. According to Mr. Martin, what should a person do if he catches a cold?
4. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
5. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Dog and the Cow", why didn't the dog swallow his trunk?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)