|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mrs. Martin sit?
(a) Coach No. 2.
(b) Coach No. 1.
(c) Coach No. 8.
(d) The Engine.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
(a) Police Chief.
(b) A confessor.
(d) A conductor.
3. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
(a) His doorbell is broken.
(b) He does not have any tea.
(c) He is not English.
(d) He is uninsured.
4. On what street does Mr. Martin live?
(a) Cherry Lane.
(b) Bromfield Street.
(c) Piccadilly Street.
(d) Martin Ave.
5. Whom does Mr. Smith wish would marry his maid?
(a) The Fire Chief.
(b) A monophysite priest.
(c) William, the shop-assistant.
(d) Mr. Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
2. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
3. Why didn't Mr. Martin see himself in the mirror that morning?
4. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
5. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)