|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(c) Aunt and Uncle Watson.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Holmes.
2. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
(a) Sends them away.
(c) Teach them to hunt.
(d) Suckle them when they are small.
3. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
(a) Eggs and ham.
(b) Milk and porridge.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
(d) Tea and scones.
4. Why is it difficult to identify the members of the Watson clan?
(a) They all look alike.
(b) They keep changing names.
(c) They refuse to be identified as Watsons.
(d) They are all named Bobby.
5. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
(a) The first half.
(d) The second half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith ask the Fire Chief to do?
2. What does Bobby Watson do on Tuesdays?
3. Whom did Dr. Mackenzie-King operate on before he operated on Parker?
4. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
5. According to Mrs. Smith, what was saltier than the soup?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)