|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
(a) She does not have her reading glasses.
(b) It is contradictory, and indicates the opposite of the hour.
(c) It is running backwards.
(d) She must pour the tea.
2. In the last scene of the play, who would Mr. Martin like to slap?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Martin.
(d) Mr. Smith.
3. Why does the Fire Chief need to leave the Smiths' house?
(a) He must ring other doorbells.
(b) He is expected in the kitchen.
(c) The tea is gone.
(d) He is expecting a fire at the other end of the city.
4. What appears unusual about Mr. and Mrs. Martin's relationship during their first scene?
(a) They refuse to look at each other.
(b) They do not recognize each other.
(c) They speak only to the Smiths, and not to each other.
(d) They complete each other's sentences.
5. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Mr. Martin see himself in the mirror that morning?
2. In the last scene, where does Mr. Smith wish to live?
3. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
4. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
5. Which part of the alphabet does Mr. Smith quote in the last scene?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)