|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
(a) An eagle on the wing.
(b) A robin in a bobbin.
(c) A bird in the bush.
(d) A sprite in the night.
2. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
(a) Mr. Smith was in the kitchen.
(b) The Fire Chief was hiding.
(c) Mr. Smith was hiding.
(d) The Fire Chief was already in the kitchen.
3. Why does Mr. Smith refuse to follow the advice he is given by the Fire Chief?
(a) He does not want tea.
(b) He cannot find the matches.
(c) It is raining.
(d) He already kissed his wife.
4. According to the Fire Chief, why did the young woman asphyxiate?
(a) She thought her gas was her comb.
(b) She sat for too long.
(c) She was waiting for someone to answer the door.
(d) She did not drink her tea.
5. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
(a) She saw a man kneeling to tie his shoelace.
(b) The train stopped three times before arriving at the station.
(c) She saw a dog barking at a mailman.
(d) Her grandmother has caught a cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
2. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
3. What line do all the characters on stage chant at the end of the last scene?
4. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
5. What inconsistencies exist about Mr. and Mrs. Watson's children?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)