|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To get a refund.
(b) To paint them yellow.
(c) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
(d) To give them to his mother.
2. Why does the Fire Chief need to leave the Smiths' house?
(a) The tea is gone.
(b) He is expected in the kitchen.
(c) He is expecting a fire at the other end of the city.
(d) He must ring other doorbells.
3. When boarding the train to London, how did Mr. Martin assist Mrs. Martin?
(a) He held her coat.
(b) He helped her find her seat.
(c) He moved to give her the window seat.
(d) He placed her suitcase on the luggage rack.
4. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
(a) The Fire Chief was hiding.
(b) The Fire Chief was already in the kitchen.
(c) Mr. Smith was in the kitchen.
(d) Mr. Smith was hiding.
5. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
(a) A silver spoon.
(b) A wooden spoon.
(c) A trip to London.
(d) A silver salver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound do the Smiths argue about?
2. What appears unusual about Mr. and Mrs. Martin's relationship during their first scene?
3. Why is the Fire Chief disappointed?
4. Which part of the alphabet does Mr. Smith quote in the last scene?
5. Why does Mary recite a poem?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)