|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
(a) She points out the door.
(b) She offers to go search for a fire.
(c) She offers to pour the tea.
(d) She is willing to give him a kiss.
2. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
(a) Her grandmother has caught a cold.
(b) She saw a man kneeling to tie his shoelace.
(c) She saw a dog barking at a mailman.
(d) The train stopped three times before arriving at the station.
3. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
(a) The day before yesterday.
(b) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
(c) A year and a half before the time in which the play is set.
(d) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
4. Why did the Fire Chief stand outside by the door for a long time before ringing the bell?
(a) He was humming.
(b) He was thinking.
(c) He was looking for a fire.
(d) He was talking to Mary.
5. According to Mrs. Martin, why have there been so few fires the past year?
(a) The price of tea has been terribly high.
(b) The children are too well behaved.
(c) The tariffs have been too high.
(d) The rain has been too heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
2. Why does Mr. Smith refuse to follow the advice he is given by the Fire Chief?
3. Whom does Mary embrace after the stories have been told?
4. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
5. What silly name do Mrs. Smith and Mr. Martin create out of Robert Browning and Rudyard Kipling's names?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)