|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trade held by all the Watsons?
(b) Voice teacher.
(c) Commerical traveler.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) No one is at the door.
(b) The fire is out.
(c) Someone is at the door waiting to be admitted.
(d) The tea is ready.
3. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
(a) Hose his toes.
(b) Throw a chicken.
(c) Chase a fox.
(d) Lay an egg in a box.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
(a) A conductor.
(b) A confessor.
(c) Police Chief.
5. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
(b) Pushing her offstage.
(c) Drinking tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Watsons not have business competition?
2. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
3. What nickname does Mary give herself?
4. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
5. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)