|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
(a) A ringing doorbell.
(b) Mary's movement in and out of the room.
(c) A gong.
(d) A ringing telephone.
2. What rare item does the grocer Popesco Rosenfeld sell?
3. What did Mary buy for herself?
(a) A robin.
(b) A chamber pot.
(c) A bottle of rum.
(d) A scarf.
4. According to the Fire Chief, why can't he put out a fire at a naturalized citizen's house?
(a) They drive on the wrong side of the road.
(b) They don't have the right to have their fires put out.
(c) They do not know how to make tea properly.
(d) They cannot be insured.
5. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
(a) She sang in the park, drank sherry, and danced in the kitchen.
(b) She recited poetry in the foyer, drank rum, and slept on the divan.
(c) She went to the cinema, drank brandy and milk, and read the paper.
(d) She slept in the park and was arrested for loitering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
2. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
3. According to Mr. Smith, what will happen if one caresses a circle?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what can't a person buy for his grandfather?
5. Whom does Mr. Smith wish would marry his maid?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)