|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poem does Mary recite?
(a) The Fire.
(c) Poor Poetry.
(d) The Blaze.
2. What is unusual about the lighting at the end of the last scene?
(a) The lighting turns red while Mr. Smith is speaking.
(b) The stage is black while the characters are speaking.
(c) The lighting turns blue while Mrs. Smith is speaking.
(d) The lights flicker on and off.
3. Who is Mary?
(a) The Martin's cook and maid.
(b) The next door neighbor.
(c) The Smith's cook and maid.
(d) The Smith's daughter.
4. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
(a) Mr. Smith was hiding.
(b) The Fire Chief was already in the kitchen.
(c) Mr. Smith was in the kitchen.
(d) The Fire Chief was hiding.
5. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
(a) He recites poetry.
(b) He shakes her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He slaps her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the trade held by all the Watsons?
2. According to Mr. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
3. According to the Fire Chief, how does he know Mary?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what do cacao trees produce?
5. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)