|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He recites poetry.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He shakes her.
2. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
(a) A monophysite priest.
(b) A clerk.
(c) A shop-assistant.
(d) A typist.
3. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
(a) No one.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) The Royal Navy.
(d) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
4. To what does Mr. Smith compare doctors and their patients?
(a) Captains and their ships.
(b) The sun and the moon.
(c) Cats and mice.
(d) Dogs and cats.
5. What explanation does Mary give for leaving the house?
(a) She was thirsty.
(b) She was sleepy.
(c) The Smiths had given her permission to leave.
(d) She heard a beautiful song and followed the notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
2. What nickname does Mary give herself?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, why have there been so few fires the past year?
5. What does Mary want to tell the rest of the cast after all the stories have been told?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)