|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story, "The Headcold", who caught the cold?
(a) The fourth-class petty officer of the Royal Navy.
(b) The priest's grandmother.
(c) The Fire Chief's brother-in law
2. According to Mrs. Martin, what is honorable?
(b) All that is human.
(c) Proper behavior.
(d) English manners.
3. How does Mary contradict Mr. and Mrs. Martin's conclusion?
(a) She applauds.
(b) She sighs and says, "Just like last week."
(c) She reprimands them for being foolish.
(d) She says they are not who they claim to be.
4. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
(b) First class.
(d) Second class.
5. To what does Mr. Smith compare doctors and their patients?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) Dogs and cats.
(c) Captains and their ships.
(d) Cats and mice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary recite a poem?
2. What is unusual about the dialogue on the last page of the play?
3. In the last scene, where does Mr. Smith wish to live?
4. According to the Fire Chief, who puts out the Vicar's fires?
5. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)