|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He eats the scones, but does not pour the tea.
(b) He answers the door.
(c) He sits down without removing his helmet.
(d) He stands in front of the divan.
2. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) Her mother-in-law's slippers.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) A silver salver.
3. When did Bobby Watson die?
(a) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
(b) The day before yesterday.
(c) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
(d) He is scheduled to die next Tuesday.
4. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the first two times?
(a) He did.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) No one.
5. Why didn't Mrs. Smith bring the bottle of Australian Burgundy to the table?
(a) Mr. Smith wanted rum instead.
(b) The bottle was empty.
(c) She wanted to set a good example for the children.
(d) It clashed with the tablecloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary contradict Mr. and Mrs. Martin's conclusion?
2. What advice does the Fire Chief give the Smiths after the doorbell discussion has ended?
3. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
5. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)