|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
(a) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
(b) The day before yesterday.
(c) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
(d) A year and a half before the time in which the play is set.
2. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
(a) He is not English.
(b) He does not have any tea.
(c) He is uninsured.
(d) His doorbell is broken.
3. According to Mr. Martin, what should a person do if he catches a cold?
(a) Run in circles.
(b) Stand on his head.
(c) Get a colt.
(d) Drink tea.
4. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He shakes her.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He recites poetry.
5. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) The bald soprano?
(b) It ticks.
(c) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(d) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
2. According to Mr. Smith, what are the names of the Watson children?
3. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
4. How does Mrs. Smith respond to the Fire Chief's embarrassing comment?
5. According to Mrs. Martin, what is honorable?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)