|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He denies knowing how to answer a door properly.
(b) He agress to pour the tea.
(c) He says he will take off his helmet, but cannot sit.
(d) He says he will sit on the divan.
2. According to Mr. Smith, what are the names of the Watson children?
(a) John and Sherlock.
(b) Mary and Mary.
(c) Mary and Bobby.
(d) Bobby and Bobby.
3. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
(a) The time.
(b) The actions of the deceased.
(c) The time of the accident.
(d) The age of the newborn babies.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what must one look out of in real life?
(a) Rose tinted glasses.
(b) The window.
(c) Thin air.
(d) The door.
5. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation does Mr. Smith make about the human heart?
2. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
3. Who is at the door when Mr. Smith opens it?
4. Who missed dinner with the Smiths?
5. What comment does Mr. Martin make about Mary's poem?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)