|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poem does Mary recite?
(a) Poor Poetry.
(b) The Blaze.
(d) The Fire.
2. Who is at the door when Mrs. Smith opens it?
(a) The Fire Chief.
(b) No one.
(c) The Martins.
3. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
(a) Drinking tea.
(d) Pushing her offstage.
4. Why didn't Mr. Martin see himself in the mirror that morning?
(a) He was too busy.
(b) He was downstairs finishing his tea.
(c) He did not have his reading glasses.
(d) He wasn't there yet.
5. Whom did Dr. Mackenzie-King operate on before he operated on Parker?
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mr. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
2. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
3. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
4. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
5. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)