|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
2. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
(a) He shakes her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He recites poetry.
3. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
(a) A listing of genealogies.
(c) The work of a famous doctor.
(d) The cure for the common cold.
4. Who missed dinner with the Smiths?
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Watson.
(d) Mr. Holmes.
5. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
(a) He doesn't have the right to extinguish clergymen's fires.
(b) The Vicar is already insured against fires.
(c) His doorbell is broken.
(d) He does not have any tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears unusual about Mr. and Mrs. Martin's relationship during their first scene?
2. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
3. What comment does Mr. Martin make about Mary's poem?
4. According to Mr. Martin, who is William?
5. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)