|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith ask the Fire Chief to do?
(a) Answer the door.
(b) Pour the tea.
(c) Stand behind the divan.
(d) Take off his helmet and sit down.
2. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the first two times?
(a) No one.
(c) He did.
(d) Mr. Smith.
3. Why did the Fire Chief stand outside by the door for a long time before ringing the bell?
(a) He was thinking.
(b) He was talking to Mary.
(c) He was looking for a fire.
(d) He was humming.
4. What does Bobby Watson do on Tuesdays?
(a) Rests and sleeps.
(b) Runs and jumps.
(c) Sits and thinks.
(d) Eats and drinks.
5. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mrs. Martin sit?
(a) The Engine.
(b) Coach No. 1.
(c) Coach No. 8.
(d) Coach No. 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, why did the young woman asphyxiate?
2. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
3. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
4. What observation does Mr. Smith make about the human heart?
5. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)