|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult to identify the members of the Watson clan?
(a) They keep changing names.
(b) They are all named Bobby.
(c) They all look alike.
(d) They refuse to be identified as Watsons.
2. According to Mrs. Martin, what is honorable?
(a) Proper behavior.
(b) All that is human.
(c) English manners.
3. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
(a) A day.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) Only a moment.
(d) 5 minutes.
4. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
(a) They snore and sing in their sleep.
(b) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses and drinking.
(c) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
(d) They eat too much and drink too little.
5. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(b) The bald soprano?
(c) It ticks.
(d) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Watsons not have business competition?
2. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
3. What nickname does Mary give herself?
4. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
5. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)