|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary scold Mr. and Mrs. Martin?
(a) For arriving late.
(b) For being arrested.
(c) For sleeping on the divan.
(d) For going out that afternoon.
2. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(b) 4:45 p.m.
(c) 8:30 a.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
3. According to Mr. Smith, why was the second Marie from the story "The Headcold" also named Marie?
(a) She is the second cousin twice removed of the first Marie.
(b) Because she was blonde, like the first Marie.
(c) They are twins.
(d) Because she was a typist, like the first Marie.
4. Whom does Mary embrace after the stories have been told?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Bobby Watson.
(c) The Fire Chief.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
5. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mr. Martin sit?
(a) Coach No. 2.
(b) The Engine.
(c) Coach No. 8.
(d) Coach No. 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary claim is her real name?
2. Why does the Fire Chief need to leave the Smiths' house?
3. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
4. On what street does Mrs. Martin live?
5. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)