|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, who is William?
(a) A monophysite priest.
(b) A clerk.
(c) A shop-assistant.
(d) A typist.
2. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He stands in front of the divan.
(b) He answers the door.
(c) He eats the scones, but does not pour the tea.
(d) He sits down without removing his helmet.
3. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
(a) A day.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) Only a moment.
(d) 45 minutes.
4. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He recites poetry.
(d) He shakes her.
5. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
(a) The Fire Chief.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mr. Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
2. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
3. In the last scene, where does Mr. Smith wish to live?
4. Why didn't Mr. Martin see himself in the mirror that morning?
5. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)