|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) He must put out a fire in the kitchen.
(b) He doesn't know if he has enough time.
(c) He is too tired.
(d) He can't remember it.
2. Which mildly offensive word does Mrs. Smith begin to chant after Mr. Smith begins his bird name chant?
(a) Darn it.
(b) Doo doo.
(c) Poo Poo.
3. What sound do the Smiths argue about?
(a) The meaning of the gong.
(b) The caller on the telephone.
(c) The sound of Mary's shoes.
(d) The meaning of a ringing doorbell.
4. When boarding the train to London, how did Mr. Martin assist Mrs. Martin?
(a) He placed her suitcase on the luggage rack.
(b) He moved to give her the window seat.
(c) He helped her find her seat.
(d) He held her coat.
5. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
(a) Sends them away.
(b) Teach them to hunt.
(c) Suckle them when they are small.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
2. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
3. According to Mr. Smith, what must one always think of?
4. Who is Mary?
5. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)