|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
(a) Mr. Martin is wearing his suit.
(b) He is hungry and has been waiting for them to arrive.
(c) He was not expecting visitors.
(d) He thinks the Martins have already eaten.
2. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
(a) Lay an egg in a box.
(b) Hose his toes.
(c) Chase a fox.
(d) Throw a chicken.
3. According to Mr. Martin, what is a staff?
(a) The perfect wedding gift.
(c) A peacekeeping tool.
(d) A laugh.
4. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
(a) It was in a hurry.
(b) It ate too much ground glass.
(c) It was trying to improve the stock.
(d) The cow was too lazy to birth the calf.
5. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
(b) Second class.
(c) First class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
2. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
3. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
4. Why does the Fire Chief need to leave the Smiths' house?
5. Why does Mrs. Martin want the Fire Chief to retell the story of "The Headcold"?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)