|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, who is William?
(a) A shop-assistant.
(b) A typist.
(c) A clerk.
(d) A monophysite priest.
2. According to the Fire Chief, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) The tea is ready but the scones are not always done.
(b) To play a merry tune.
(c) Sometimes, someone is there and sometimes, no one is there.
(d) To tell the homeowner the fire is out.
3. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
(a) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
(b) The day before yesterday.
(c) A year and a half before the time in which the play is set.
(d) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
4. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
(a) Mrs. Martin.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mr. Smith.
5. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
(a) Mr. Smith was in the kitchen.
(b) Mr. Smith was hiding.
(c) The Fire Chief was hiding.
(d) The Fire Chief was already in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
2. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
3. Why is it difficult to identify the members of the Watson clan?
4. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
5. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)