|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
(a) He is Mrs. Smith's first husband.
(b) He just put out a fire in the kitchen.
(c) He is an old friend of the family.
(d) They rode the train together.
2. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the first two times?
(b) He did.
(c) No one.
(d) Mr. Smith.
3. What orders has the Fire Chief been given?
(a) To extinguish all the fires in the city.
(b) To kiss all the pretty ladies.
(c) To have his tea.
(d) To ring all the bells in the city.
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
(a) A robin in a bobbin.
(b) An eagle on the wing.
(c) A bird in the bush.
(d) A sprite in the night.
5. Why does Mary recite a poem?
(a) To honor the Fire Chief.
(b) To honor the Martins.
(c) To annoy the cast.
(d) To honor the Smiths.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
2. On what street does Mrs. Martin live?
3. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Martins?
4. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
5. What does Mr. Smith enjoy when he is in the country?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)