|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Martin bid the Fire Chief farewell?
(a) Burn well!
(b) Good luck, and a good fire!
(c) Smouldering, always smouldering.
(d) See you in cinders!
2. On what street does Mrs. Martin live?
(a) Cherry Lane.
(b) Bromfield Street.
(c) Piccadilly Street.
(d) Martin Ave.
3. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
(a) She sang in the park, drank sherry, and danced in the kitchen.
(b) She went to the cinema, drank brandy and milk, and read the paper.
(c) She recited poetry in the foyer, drank rum, and slept on the divan.
(d) She slept in the park and was arrested for loitering.
4. What question does Mrs. Smith pose about Bobby Watson's work habits?
(a) Why does he only eat on one day of the week?
(b) Why does he rest on the days when he has no competition?
(c) Why doesn't he stop thinking and get to work?
(d) Why does he jump when he could climb?
5. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
(a) It is contradictory, and indicates the opposite of the hour.
(b) It is running backwards.
(c) She must pour the tea.
(d) She does not have her reading glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
2. How does Mrs. Smith respond to the Fire Chief's embarrassing comment?
3. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
4. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
5. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)