|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
(c) First class.
(d) Second class.
2. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
(a) A monophysite priest.
(b) A typist.
(c) A clerk.
(d) A shop-assistant.
3. Who is at the door when Mr. Smith opens it?
(b) The Martins.
(c) The Fire Chief.
(d) No one.
4. What does Mary claim is her real name?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) Bobby Watson.
(d) Mary Martin.
5. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
(b) Pushing her offstage.
(c) Drinking tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
2. Who is at the door when Mrs. Smith opens it?
3. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
4. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
5. Why did the Fire Chief stand outside by the door for a long time before ringing the bell?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)