|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What train does Mrs. Martin take to London?
(a) The same train as Mr. Martin.
(b) The same train as Mrs. Smith.
(c) The 9:30 train.
(d) She takes a cab.
2. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(a) Tying his shoelace.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Running up and down the tracks.
3. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
(a) Mr. Smith was hiding.
(b) Mr. Smith was in the kitchen.
(c) The Fire Chief was already in the kitchen.
(d) The Fire Chief was hiding.
4. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
(a) When I say yes, it's only a manner of speaking.
(b) To hell with polishing!
(c) Nevertheless, it was the cow that gave us tails.
(d) You are not old enough yet for that.
5. What type of stories does the Fire Chief tell?
(a) True stories.
(b) Tall tales.
(c) Fairy tales.
(d) Adventure stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, what improves social progress?
2. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
3. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
4. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
5. What appears unusual about Mr. and Mrs. Martin's relationship during their first scene?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)