|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
(a) You are not old enough yet for that.
(b) To hell with polishing!
(c) When I say yes, it's only a manner of speaking.
(d) Nevertheless, it was the cow that gave us tails.
2. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Martins?
(a) Have you any tea?
(b) There's nothing burning at your house either?
(c) May I kiss your wife, sir?
(d) Have you a door?
3. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
(a) First class.
(b) Second class.
4. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
(a) The time of the accident.
(b) The time.
(c) The actions of the deceased.
(d) The age of the newborn babies.
5. Why didn't Mrs. Smith bring the bottle of Australian Burgundy to the table?
(a) Mr. Smith wanted rum instead.
(b) The bottle was empty.
(c) She wanted to set a good example for the children.
(d) It clashed with the tablecloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street does Mr. Martin live?
2. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
3. What question does Mrs. Smith pose about Bobby Watson's work habits?
4. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
5. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)