|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mrs. Martin.
2. What train does Mrs. Martin take to London?
(a) She takes a cab.
(b) The same train as Mr. Martin.
(c) The same train as Mrs. Smith.
(d) The 9:30 train.
3. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
(a) Her mother-in-law's slippers.
(b) A silver salver.
(c) A gold ring.
(d) Mr. Martin.
4. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
(b) Teach them to hunt.
(c) Sends them away.
(d) Suckle them when they are small.
5. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) The Fire Chief.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Dr. Mackenzie-King operate on before he operated on Parker?
2. What city do the Martin's have in common?
3. Who missed dinner with the Smiths?
4. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
5. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)