|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
(b) The bald soprano?
(c) It ticks.
(d) She always wears her hair in the same style.
2. What question does Mrs. Smith pose about Bobby Watson's work habits?
(a) Why doesn't he stop thinking and get to work?
(b) Why does he jump when he could climb?
(c) Why does he rest on the days when he has no competition?
(d) Why does he only eat on one day of the week?
3. Why does Mrs. Smith scold Mary?
(a) For going out that afternoon.
(b) For being arrested.
(c) For sleeping on the divan.
(d) For missing dinner.
4. According to the Fire Chief, who puts out the Vicar's fires?
(b) The vicar can not have any fires.
(c) The Almighty.
(d) Vestal virgins.
5. What orders has the Fire Chief been given?
(a) To kiss all the pretty ladies.
(b) To have his tea.
(c) To ring all the bells in the city.
(d) To extinguish all the fires in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
2. According to Mr. Martin, who is Edward?
3. What inconsistencies exist about Mr. and Mrs. Watson's children?
4. Who is at the door when Mrs. Smith opens it?
5. What nickname does Mary give herself?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)