|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
(a) She was Mr. Smith's first wife.
(b) She was in the kitchen when it caught fire.
(c) They rode the train together.
(d) She courted Mr. Smith.
2. According to Mr. Smith, why was the second Marie from the story "The Headcold" also named Marie?
(a) Because she was blonde, like the first Marie.
(b) She is the second cousin twice removed of the first Marie.
(c) They are twins.
(d) Because she was a typist, like the first Marie.
3. According to the Fire Chief, how does he know Mary?
(a) She poured him tea last Tuesday.
(b) She extinguished his first fires.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She was in the kitchen when he was putting out the fire.
4. What train does Mrs. Martin take to London?
(a) The same train as Mrs. Smith.
(b) The 9:30 train.
(c) The same train as Mr. Martin.
(d) She takes a cab.
5. Which part of the alphabet does Mr. Smith quote in the last scene?
(a) The second half.
(b) The first half.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final scene of the play, which bird name does Mr. Smith begin to chant?
2. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
3. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
5. Which mildly offensive word does Mrs. Smith begin to chant after Mr. Smith begins his bird name chant?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)