|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Mrs. Smith pose about Bobby Watson's work habits?
(a) Why does he only eat on one day of the week?
(b) Why doesn't he stop thinking and get to work?
(c) Why does he rest on the days when he has no competition?
(d) Why does he jump when he could climb?
2. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
(a) Second class.
(d) First class.
3. What comment does Mr. Martin make about Mary's poem?
(a) It was marvelous.
(b) It sent chills up his spine.
(c) It was timid, dull, and exciting.
(d) There was a certain warmth in the lines.
4. How does Mrs. Smith respond to the Fire Chief's embarrassing comment?
(a) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(b) It ticks.
(c) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
(d) The bald soprano?
5. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) A day.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) Only a moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the dialogue on the last page of the play?
2. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
3. What advice does the Fire Chief give the Smiths after the doorbell discussion has ended?
4. Why does Mary recite a poem?
5. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)