|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
(a) A silver spoon.
(b) A wooden spoon.
(c) A trip to London.
(d) A silver salver.
2. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
(a) A typist.
(b) A monophysite priest.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A grocer.
3. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
(a) To be admitted to the house.
(b) He did not ring the bell.
(c) To finish the tea.
(d) To put out the fire.
4. On what street does Mrs. Martin live?
(a) Cherry Lane.
(b) Piccadilly Street.
(c) Martin Ave.
(d) Bromfield Street.
5. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He sits down without removing his helmet.
(b) He answers the door.
(c) He stands in front of the divan.
(d) He eats the scones, but does not pour the tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
2. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
3. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
4. Why didn't Mr. Martin see himself in the mirror that morning?
5. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)