|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) The fire is out.
(b) Someone is at the door waiting to be admitted.
(c) The tea is ready.
(d) No one is at the door.
2. Why is the Fire Chief disappointed?
(a) The tea is cold.
(b) He cannot find a fire.
(c) No one will kiss him.
(d) The door bells have all been rung.
3. What is Mrs. Watson's first name?
4. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) The bald soprano?
(b) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(c) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
(d) It ticks.
5. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Seventeen o'clock.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Twelve o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
2. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
3. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
4. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
5. Which mildly offensive word does Mrs. Smith begin to chant after Mr. Smith begins his bird name chant?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)