|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
(a) Seventeen o'clock.
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Seven o'clock.
(d) Twelve o'clock.
2. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
(a) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
(b) The day before yesterday.
(c) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
(d) A year and a half before the time in which the play is set.
3. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
(a) A shop-assistant.
(b) A typist.
(c) A monophysite priest.
(d) A clerk.
4. Which mildly offensive word does Mrs. Smith begin to chant after Mr. Smith begins his bird name chant?
(a) Darn it.
(b) Doo doo.
(c) Poo Poo.
5. According to Mr. Smith, why was the second Marie from the story "The Headcold" also named Marie?
(a) Because she was a typist, like the first Marie.
(b) They are twins.
(c) Because she was blonde, like the first Marie.
(d) She is the second cousin twice removed of the first Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
2. Why is the Fire Chief disappointed?
3. In the story, "The Headcold", who caught the cold?
4. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
5. According to Mrs. Smith, what was saltier than the soup?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)