|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
(a) The train was late.
(b) Mary wouldn't answer the door.
(c) They got lost.
2. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
3. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
(a) He recites poetry.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He shakes her.
(d) He kisses her.
4. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He says he will sit on the divan.
(b) He denies knowing how to answer a door properly.
(c) He agress to pour the tea.
(d) He says he will take off his helmet, but cannot sit.
5. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
(c) Pushing her offstage.
(d) Drinking tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Martin, what can't a person buy for his grandfather?
2. Why does Mary recite a poem?
3. Why didn't Mrs. Smith bring the bottle of Australian Burgundy to the table?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what is honorable?
5. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)