|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Mary give herself?
(c) Little firehose.
2. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
(a) The cow.
(b) The calf.
(c) The chicken.
(d) The dog.
3. According to the Fire Chief, who is insured against fires?
(a) The fire department.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The match dealer.
(d) The Vicar of Wakefield
4. According to Mr. Martin, where does charity begin?
(a) At church.
(b) Over the hedge.
(c) At home.
(d) In the bedroom.
5. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
(a) She finds him charming.
(b) He is collecting kisses.
(c) He claims to have saved her life.
(d) He pretends to be Mr. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
2. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
3. What is Mr. Martin's first name?
4. Why is it difficult to identify the members of the Watson clan?
5. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)