|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Smith wish would marry his maid?
(a) William, the shop-assistant.
(b) The Fire Chief.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) A monophysite priest.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
(a) Police Chief.
(c) A confessor.
(d) A conductor.
3. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
(b) The train was late.
(c) They got lost.
(d) Mary wouldn't answer the door.
4. How does Mr. Martin bid the Fire Chief farewell?
(a) Smouldering, always smouldering.
(b) Burn well!
(c) See you in cinders!
(d) Good luck, and a good fire!
5. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
(a) She saw a man kneeling to tie his shoelace.
(b) She saw a dog barking at a mailman.
(c) The train stopped three times before arriving at the station.
(d) Her grandmother has caught a cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Fire Chief need to leave the Smiths' house?
2. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
3. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
4. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
5. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)