|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Running up and down the tracks.
(d) Tying his shoelace.
2. What is the trade held by all the Watsons?
(a) Commerical traveler.
(b) Voice teacher.
3. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
4. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
(a) Second class.
(c) First class.
5. What does the Fire Chief expect to see later that evening?
(a) A straw fire and a little heartburn.
(b) A movie.
(c) A roaring blaze at his flat.
(d) A beautiful sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary recite a poem?
2. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
3. According to Mr. Martin, what is a staff?
4. What did Mary buy for herself?
5. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)