|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, what will happen if one caresses a circle?
(a) One might face a vicious lawsuit in the morning.
(b) It will turn vicious.
(d) It will melt.
2. Why does Mrs. Smith scold Mary?
(a) For being arrested.
(b) For going out that afternoon.
(c) For missing dinner.
(d) For sleeping on the divan.
3. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
(c) Pushing her offstage.
(d) Drinking tea.
4. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
(a) He is Mrs. Smith's first husband.
(b) They rode the train together.
(c) He is an old friend of the family.
(d) He just put out a fire in the kitchen.
5. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Smiths?
(a) Where is the door?
(b) Where is the tea?
(c) Have you a light?
(d) Is there a fire here?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, what improves social progress?
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what must one look out of in real life?
3. Why does Mrs. Smith believe the Martins must have interesting stories to tell?
4. What silly name do Mrs. Smith and Mr. Martin create out of Robert Browning and Rudyard Kipling's names?
5. Why is the Fire Chief disappointed?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)