|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
(a) Pushing her offstage.
(d) Drinking tea.
2. Who briefly begins the play again after the last scene?
(a) Mr. Martin and Mrs. Smith.
(b) The Fire Chief and Mary.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
3. What orders has the Fire Chief been given?
(a) To ring all the bells in the city.
(b) To extinguish all the fires in the city.
(c) To kiss all the pretty ladies.
(d) To have his tea.
4. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He denies knowing how to answer a door properly.
(b) He says he will take off his helmet, but cannot sit.
(c) He agress to pour the tea.
(d) He says he will sit on the divan.
5. According to Mrs. Martin, what is honorable?
(a) Proper behavior.
(c) English manners.
(d) All that is human.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
2. Who is at the door when Mr. Smith opens it?
3. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
4. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mrs. Martin sit?
5. What advice does the Fire Chief give the Smiths after the doorbell discussion has ended?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)