|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story, "The Headcold", who caught the cold?
(a) The priest's grandmother.
(b) The Fire Chief's brother-in law
(c) The fourth-class petty officer of the Royal Navy.
2. What type of stories does the Fire Chief tell?
(a) Adventure stories.
(b) Fairy tales.
(c) Tall tales.
(d) True stories.
3. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
(a) Orange juice.
4. Why didn't Mrs. Smith bring the bottle of Australian Burgundy to the table?
(a) The bottle was empty.
(b) She wanted to set a good example for the children.
(c) It clashed with the tablecloth.
(d) Mr. Smith wanted rum instead.
5. According to Mrs. Martin, when can one sit down in a chair?
(a) When the chair doesn't have any.
(b) When the sun has set.
(c) When the day is done.
(d) When the floor is too hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, what must one always think of?
2. Why does the Fire Chief need to leave the Smiths' house?
3. Where do the Smith's live?
4. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
5. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)