|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, what are the names of the Watson children?
(a) Mary and Mary.
(b) Mary and Bobby.
(c) John and Sherlock.
(d) Bobby and Bobby.
2. According to Mrs. Martin, when can one sit down in a chair?
(a) When the floor is too hard.
(b) When the chair doesn't have any.
(c) When the day is done.
(d) When the sun has set.
3. What does Mary claim is her real name?
(a) Bobby Watson.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Mary Martin.
4. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mrs. Martin.
5. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
(a) A train.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A lorry.
(d) A bulldozer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
2. When did Bobby Watson die?
3. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the first two times?
4. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
5. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)