* Mr. and Mrs. Smith sit in their armchairs after dinner.
* The clock strikes seventeen times.
* Mrs. Smith notes that it is nine o'clock.
* Mrs. and Mrs. Smith begin a trivial conversation about their dinner.
* Mrs. Smith describes the grocer who sells yogurt.
* Mr. and Mrs. Smith discuss Doctor Mackenzie-King.
* Mr. Smith declares that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a poor doctor.
* Mr. Smith compares physicians and their patients to captains and their ships.
* The clock strikes oddly, and is not keeping time well.
* Mr. and Mrs. Smith discuss Bobby Watson.
* Mr. and Mrs. Smith discuss the Watson family.
* The conversation becomes confusing as references to Mr. Bobby Watson's death are refuted and then confirmed again.
* The clock continues to strike out of sequence at odd times.
* The conversation becomes confusing when it is revealed that all the Watsons are named Bobby.
* Mr. and Mrs. Smith discuss...
This section contains 1,392 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)