Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Detailed Summary & Analysis Abstract
* Mr. and Mrs. Smith sit in their armchairs after dinner.
* The clock strikes seventeen times.
* Mrs. Smith notes that it is nine o'clock.
* Mrs. and Mrs. Smith begin a trivial conversation about their dinner.
* Mrs. Smith describes the grocer who...
This section contains 1,554 words|
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)