|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the Queen?
2. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
3. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
4. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
5. Why does Irma have trouble replacing prostitutes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place in the cafe?
2. What are the Central Committee's instructions?
3. How does Scene 2 open?
4. How does Irma monitor the activities in the house?
5. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
6. Who announces the Queen? What does he say?
7. What has happened to Chantal?
8. What has the central committee been discussing?
9. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
10. How does Roger feel about the rebellion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roger is a rebel.
Part 1) What does he do for the rebellion? Is the rebellion well-represented through Roger? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does he become like the authorities? Why does he change?
Part 3) What rebel committee decision is he against? Why? Does he have a valid reason to be against this decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Irma runs the whorehouse.
Part 1) Does she have real power? Why or why not?
Part 2) Does she desire power? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Irma change throughout the play? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Photographers arrive to take pictures of the officials.
Part 1) What do the Photographers do with the officials? Why do they do this?
Part 2) What is the Queen's reaction to this? How does the Envoy respond to her reaction?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on both of their reactions? Are these the responses you would expected from them? Why or why not?
Part 4) What is the purpose of this scene? How is it relevant to your own life?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)