Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
3. What does Irma ask Carmen?
4. How is Arthur killed?
5. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irma believe will happen to her business, if the rebels are successful?
2. What happens to Chantal?
3. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
4. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
5. What has happened to Chantal?
6. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
7. Who appears on the balcony?
8. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
9. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
10. What do the Envoy, Irma, Carmen, and the Chief say regarding the Queen?
Irma manages prostitutes.
Part 1) What do the prostitutes do for the visitors? How do the prostitutes feel about the services they provide?
Part 2) Why are the prostitutes hard to replace? Could you deal with a job such as this? Why or why not?
Part 3) Compare these prostitutes with your own assumption about prostitutes. Has your opinion changed? Why or why not?
Carmen works at the whorehouse.
Part 1) What is her job? Why does she have this job?
Part 2) How is she different from the other characters?
Part 3) Does she have power? If so, what kind of power?
The whorehouse's visitors who pretend to be the Bishop, the Judge, and the General play those roles in real life.
Part 1) How do they get this opportunity? How do they feel about playing these roles in public?
Part 2) How does this opportunity change them? Could they effectively continue to play these roles? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this change affect their fates? What relevance does this have in real life?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)