|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Arthur killed?
2. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
3. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
4. Who interrupts the men's argument?
5. What does the Chief of Police vow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Chief say about his and the others' power?
2. How do those on the balcony react to Chantal's appearance?
3. What are the characters' reactions after they leave the balcony?
4. How does Irma feel about their fate?
5. Describe the arrival of the Chief of Police.
6. What does Carmen say and do to convince the Bishop to play the role?
7. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
8. How does Chantal feel about the outcome of her singing?
9. What happens after the second explosion?
10. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chantal was once a prostitute at the whorehouse.
Part 1) Why is she no longer working there?
Part 2) Is she successful at what she is doing now? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does she act as a symbol?
Part 4) What is her fate? What is the purpose of this?
Essay Topic 2
Chantal is a singer.
Part 1) Where does she learn this skill? Is this a skill you would expect a prostitute to have? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does she want to do for the rebellion? Why does she want to do this? Do you agree that her talent would be beneficial for the rebellion? Why or why not?
Part 3) Does she get the chance to support the rebellion in the way she would like? Why or why not? Is she an effective celebrity for the rebellion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Carmen works at the whorehouse.
Part 1) What is her job? Why does she have this job?
Part 2) How is she different from the other characters?
Part 3) Does she have power? If so, what kind of power?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)