|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
2. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
3. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
4. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
5. What does the Chief of Police vow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scene 2 open?
2. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
3. What is Irma wearing for the Chief of Police?
4. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
5. How does Roger feel about the rebellion?
6. How do those on the balcony react to Chantal's appearance?
7. How does Irma monitor the activities in the house?
8. How does Irma feel about Carmen?
9. What do the characters say about the order of authority?
10. What do the Chief and Irma realize will happen when they begin playing their roles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irma mentions two times that a prostitute is growing too close to a visitor.
Part 1) Why is this a problem?
Part 2) Of whom does this remind Irma? Why is she reminded of this person?
Part 3) How does this reveal more about Irma's character and feelings about being a prostitute, as well as her feelings towards the person of whom she is reminded?
Essay Topic 2
Irma believes if the rebels win, she will be out of business.
Part 1) Why does she believe this? What does she believe is the fate of herself and her prostitutes?
Part 2) In the end, is this her fate? Why or why not?
Part 3) Is Irma right about the rebels? Why or why not?
Part 4) Are the men in the rebellion different than the men Irma knows? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Irma manages prostitutes.
Part 1) What do the prostitutes do for the visitors? How do the prostitutes feel about the services they provide?
Part 2) Why are the prostitutes hard to replace? Could you deal with a job such as this? Why or why not?
Part 3) Compare these prostitutes with your own assumption about prostitutes. Has your opinion changed? Why or why not?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)