Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
3. What does Irma ask Carmen?
4. How is Arthur killed?
5. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irma believe will happen to her business, if the rebels are successful?
2. What happens to Chantal?
3. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
4. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
5. What has happened to Chantal?
6. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
7. Who appears on the balcony?
8. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
9. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
10. What do the Envoy, Irma, Carmen, and the Chief say regarding the Queen?
Essay Topic 1
Arthur works at the whorehouse.
Part 1) Why is he there? What role does he play in the scenario?
Part 2) What is his relationship with Irma? How does Irma feel about Arthur? Why does she feel this way?
Part 4) What is his fate? What is the author's purpose for Arthur's fate?
Essay Topic 2
Irma mentions two times that a prostitute is growing too close to a visitor.
Part 1) Why is this a problem?
Part 2) Of whom does this remind Irma? Why is she reminded of this person?
Part 3) How does this reveal more about Irma's character and feelings about being a prostitute, as well as her feelings towards the person of whom she is reminded?
Essay Topic 3
Irma manages prostitutes.
Part 1) What do the prostitutes do for the visitors? How do the prostitutes feel about the services they provide?
Part 2) Why are the prostitutes hard to replace? Could you deal with a job such as this? Why or why not?
Part 3) Compare these prostitutes with your own assumption about prostitutes. Has your opinion changed? Why or why not?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)