Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
3. What does Irma ask Carmen?
4. How is Arthur killed?
5. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irma believe will happen to her business, if the rebels are successful?
2. What happens to Chantal?
3. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
4. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
5. What has happened to Chantal?
6. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
7. Who appears on the balcony?
8. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
9. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
10. What do the Envoy, Irma, Carmen, and the Chief say regarding the Queen?
Essay Topic 1
The Chief of Police is a significant character.
Part 1) Why is he significant? How is he significant?
Part 2) How does he resemble the visitors? Why does he have the Chief of Police resemble the other visitors?
Part 3) How does he appear foolish and a character in a satire? What is the purpose of this?
Essay Topic 2
The officials appear on the balcony.
Part 1) Why do they appear on the balcony? How do they feel about this appearance? Why do they feel this way?
Part 2) Who is with them? How do they react to this character's presence? Why do they react this way?
Part 3) After leaving the balcony, what are there reactions to the experience? Are you surprised at their reactions? Why or why not?
Part 4) How does this show a change has taken place in their characters?
Essay Topic 3
Photographers arrive to take pictures of the officials.
Part 1) What do the Photographers do with the officials? Why do they do this?
Part 2) What is the Queen's reaction to this? How does the Envoy respond to her reaction?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on both of their reactions? Are these the responses you would expected from them? Why or why not?
Part 4) What is the purpose of this scene? How is it relevant to your own life?
This section contains 2,017 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)