|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
2. What are the only things that are real to Irma?
3. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
4. What does Chantal say she has to offer?
5. Why does Irma have trouble replacing prostitutes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgette do for the men after she bandages their wounds?
2. How does Irma monitor the activities in the house?
3. What does Carmen say and do to convince the Bishop to play the role?
4. What does Luke want with Chantal?
5. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
6. How does Roger feel about Chantal singing for the crowd?
7. What are the characters' reactions after they leave the balcony?
8. Describe the arrival of the Chief of Police.
9. What is the last thing the Envoy reports?
10. What is Irma wearing for the Chief of Police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The officials appear on the balcony.
Part 1) Why do they appear on the balcony? How do they feel about this appearance? Why do they feel this way?
Part 2) Who is with them? How do they react to this character's presence? Why do they react this way?
Part 3) After leaving the balcony, what are there reactions to the experience? Are you surprised at their reactions? Why or why not?
Part 4) How does this show a change has taken place in their characters?
Essay Topic 2
Irma runs the whorehouse.
Part 1) Does she have real power? Why or why not?
Part 2) Does she desire power? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Irma change throughout the play? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The Chief of Police and Irma are in love.
Part 1) Why do they not express their love?
Part 2) How does their love change throughout the play?
Part 3) How is their relationship at the end of the play? Why?
Part 4) How does Irma feel about their relationship at the end of the play? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)