Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
3. What does Irma ask Carmen?
4. How is Arthur killed?
5. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irma believe will happen to her business, if the rebels are successful?
2. What happens to Chantal?
3. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
4. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
5. What has happened to Chantal?
6. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
7. Who appears on the balcony?
8. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
9. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
10. What do the Envoy, Irma, Carmen, and the Chief say regarding the Queen?
Essay Topic 1
Chantal is a singer.
Part 1) Where does she learn this skill? Is this a skill you would expect a prostitute to have? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does she want to do for the rebellion? Why does she want to do this? Do you agree that her talent would be beneficial for the rebellion? Why or why not?
Part 3) Does she get the chance to support the rebellion in the way she would like? Why or why not? Is she an effective celebrity for the rebellion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Photographers arrive to take pictures of the officials.
Part 1) What do the Photographers do with the officials? Why do they do this?
Part 2) What is the Queen's reaction to this? How does the Envoy respond to her reaction?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on both of their reactions? Are these the responses you would expected from them? Why or why not?
Part 4) What is the purpose of this scene? How is it relevant to your own life?
Essay Topic 3
Irma mentions two times that a prostitute is growing too close to a visitor.
Part 1) Why is this a problem?
Part 2) Of whom does this remind Irma? Why is she reminded of this person?
Part 3) How does this reveal more about Irma's character and feelings about being a prostitute, as well as her feelings towards the person of whom she is reminded?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)