|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Chantal learned her technique?
2. What is Chantal doing at the beginning of this scene?
3. What does Arthur's conversation with Irma reveal?
4. How is Irma a thoughtful person, according to Carmen?
5. What is Carmen doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is done to Chantal afterward?
2. What do Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
3. What does Georgette do for the men after she bandages their wounds?
4. Why do Carmen and the Queen run out of the room?
5. What does the Bishop do when he sees his reflection in the mirror?
6. What happens after the second explosion?
7. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
8. How does Roger feel about the rebellion?
9. Describe the arrival of the Chief of Police.
10. How does Louis feel about Roger's beliefs regarding the revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Chief of Police is a significant character.
Part 1) Why is he significant? How is he significant?
Part 2) How does he resemble the visitors? Why does he have the Chief of Police resemble the other visitors?
Part 3) How does he appear foolish and a character in a satire? What is the purpose of this?
Essay Topic 2
Roger is a rebel.
Part 1) What does he do for the rebellion? Is the rebellion well-represented through Roger? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does he become like the authorities? Why does he change?
Part 3) What rebel committee decision is he against? Why? Does he have a valid reason to be against this decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Carmen works at the whorehouse.
Part 1) What is her job? Why does she have this job?
Part 2) How is she different from the other characters?
Part 3) Does she have power? If so, what kind of power?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)