|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Roger say they will arrange activities celebrating their victory?
2. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
3. What is Chantal doing at the beginning of this scene?
4. Who is on his hands and knees in front of the Prisoner?
5. What does Roger say people need to start doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Chief say about the new rebellion?
2. How does Louis feel about Roger's beliefs regarding the revolution?
3. What do Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
4. Describe Armand's behavior.
5. What takes place in the cafe?
6. What does Carmen say and do to convince the Bishop to play the role?
7. How does Irma feel about the experiences she provides?
8. Why are the other girls no longer friends with Carmen?
9. What is Irma wearing for the Chief of Police?
10. What happens after the huge explosion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irma runs the whorehouse.
Part 1) Does she have real power? Why or why not?
Part 2) Does she desire power? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Irma change throughout the play? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The whorehouse's visitors who pretend to be the Bishop, the Judge, and the General play those roles in real life.
Part 1) How do they get this opportunity? How do they feel about playing these roles in public?
Part 2) How does this opportunity change them? Could they effectively continue to play these roles? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this change affect their fates? What relevance does this have in real life?
Essay Topic 3
Carmen works at the whorehouse.
Part 1) What is her job? Why does she have this job?
Part 2) How is she different from the other characters?
Part 3) Does she have power? If so, what kind of power?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)