|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
3. What does Irma ask Carmen?
4. How is Arthur killed?
5. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irma believe will happen to her business, if the rebels are successful?
2. What happens to Chantal?
3. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
4. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
5. What has happened to Chantal?
6. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
7. Who appears on the balcony?
8. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
9. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
10. What do the Envoy, Irma, Carmen, and the Chief say regarding the Queen?
Essay Topic 1
Arthur works at the whorehouse.
Part 1) Why is he there? What role does he play in the scenario?
Part 2) What is his relationship with Irma? How does Irma feel about Arthur? Why does she feel this way?
Part 4) What is his fate? What is the author's purpose for Arthur's fate?
Essay Topic 2
Roger is a surprising visitor at the whorehouse.
Part 1) Why is he there? What does he do to himself? Why might he have done this?
Part 2) How do the others react to his presence and his surprising actions?
Part 3) What are your reactions to reading what he has done? Compare your reactions to the other characters' reactions.
Part 4) Why is your reaction different or the same as the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
The clients of the whorehouse are known as visitors.
Part 1) Why might be the reason for them being called visitors? Who are the clients the reader meets?
Part 2) Why might the author have created the characters the way he did?
Part 3) What are their fantasies? Why do they have these fantasies?
This section contains 2,017 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)