Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
3. What does Irma ask Carmen?
4. How is Arthur killed?
5. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irma believe will happen to her business, if the rebels are successful?
2. What happens to Chantal?
3. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
4. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
5. What has happened to Chantal?
6. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
7. Who appears on the balcony?
8. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
9. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
10. What do the Envoy, Irma, Carmen, and the Chief say regarding the Queen?
Essay Topic 1
The Chief of Police and Irma are in love.
Part 1) Why do they not express their love?
Part 2) How does their love change throughout the play?
Part 3) How is their relationship at the end of the play? Why?
Part 4) How does Irma feel about their relationship at the end of the play? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Photographers arrive to take pictures of the officials.
Part 1) What do the Photographers do with the officials? Why do they do this?
Part 2) What is the Queen's reaction to this? How does the Envoy respond to her reaction?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on both of their reactions? Are these the responses you would expected from them? Why or why not?
Part 4) What is the purpose of this scene? How is it relevant to your own life?
Essay Topic 3
Irma is left alone on stage at the end of the play.
Part 1) To where have all the other characters gone? Why have they left?
Part 2) How is Irma different from the officials at the end of the play?
Part 3) Why has the the author changed Irma in a way that is different from the other characters?
Part 4) What is the meaning of the end of the play? Why is Irma left alone? Why is her monologue the way it is?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)