|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does the Envoy tell?
(a) A deliberately confusing story about how she is being kept hidden and occupied.
(b) The Queen's feelings on the rebellion.
(c) How he became the Queen's Envoy.
(d) Where the Queen has been sent during this time of war.
2. What will Chantal do once the Palace is captured?
(a) Become the leader of the rebels.
(b) Go out on the balcony and sing to inspire the people.
(c) Go back to the whorehouse.
(d) Play the role of the Queen.
3. From where has news come?
(a) The Central Committee.
(b) From the rebel soldiers.
(c) From the Queen's Envoy.
(d) From the Queen.
4. Why do all the officials appear at once?
(a) The Envoy hopes they will all be shot.
(b) To show their power and authority.
(c) They are afraid to go alone.
(d) The crowd wants to jeer at all of them at once.
5. What happens to Chantal?
(a) She is shot dead.
(b) She is pushed off the balcony.
(c) She is escorted off the balcony.
(d) She is cheered.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Queen respond when the Envoy says she is just a figurehead?
2. Of what does the Queen remind the officials?
3. What does the Envoy tell the Chief?
4. Why is the Chief sure the officials will continue to play their roles?
5. How long will the Chief's position be perilous?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)