|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
(a) They are retreating.
(b) They are in the right.
(c) They have advanced.
(d) They are cowards.
2. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
(a) Shout his name.
(b) Cook for him.
(d) Confess her sins.
3. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) One thousand.
4. What is Irma's reasoning for why the Chief has forgotten her and her needs?
(a) He is jealous of Arthur.
(b) He is a very busy man.
(c) He is so obsessed with building and keeping power.
(d) He no longer loves her.
5. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
(a) Chantal leaving.
(b) Dressing up as the Virgin Mary.
(c) Living in Irma's world of illusion.
(d) The rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is no different than being a prostitute?
2. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
3. What is Arthur to pose as in a session that night?
4. When does Roger say they will arrange activities celebrating their victory?
5. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Irma believe will be the victors of this war?
2. Who announces the Queen? What does he say?
3. What do the Envoy, Irma, Carmen, and the Chief say regarding the Queen?
4. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
5. What role does the Chief of Police hope someone will play?
6. What has happened to Chantal?
7. How do those on the balcony appear?
8. What does the Chief say about his and the others' power?
9. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
10. What do the Chief and Irma realize will happen when they begin playing their roles?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)