|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Irma concerned about regarding the rebels?
(a) They will kill Chantal.
(b) They will not succeed.
(c) They will kill the Queen.
(d) They are taking the game too seriously.
2. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are minor.
(b) They are in abundance.
(c) They are real.
(d) They are not real.
3. What does Irma ask Carmen?
(a) What she knows about Chantal.
(b) If she loves her.
(c) If she will join the rebels.
(d) How much longer she will be working at The Balcony.
4. What do both Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
(a) It is going to destroy the Queen's authority.
(b) It is evil.
(c) It is weakening.
(d) It is a game.
5. What does the Chief say he will do when the rebellion is over?
(a) He will take Irma away with him.
(b) He will marry Irma.
(c) He will shut down the whorehouse.
(d) He will move back into the whorehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the second Wounded Soldier complain?
2. Why are these experiences important?
3. What role does the Girl play with the General?
4. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
5. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the second explosion?
2. What does the Envoy tell the Chief is being built and could be his?
3. Why is it difficult to retain prostitutes?
4. What happens when the doorbell rings?
5. How does Louis feel about Roger's beliefs regarding the revolution?
6. What role does the Chief of Police hope someone will play?
7. How does Irma feel about their fate?
8. Who does Irma believe will be the victors of this war?
9. Who appears on the balcony?
10. What does Georgette do for the men after she bandages their wounds?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)