|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief say he will do when the rebellion is over?
(a) He will move back into the whorehouse.
(b) He will take Irma away with him.
(c) He will shut down the whorehouse.
(d) He will marry Irma.
2. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(b) Irma loves Arthur.
(c) Arthur insists on being there.
(d) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
3. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
(a) They are retreating.
(b) They are in the right.
(c) They have advanced.
(d) They are cowards.
4. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
(a) That he have a new uniform.
(b) That he have a new prosititute.
(c) That he be left in peace.
(d) That he have a refund.
5. What does Irma say keeps happening, despite the revolution?
(a) The government's soldiers keep dying.
(b) People keep coming to The Balcony.
(c) There is very little bombing.
(d) There is less freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
2. What does Carmen say it will not take the rebels long to discover?
3. What does Irma notice about one of her prostitutes on the monitor?
4. What will the rebels be occupying that evening?
5. What does Chantal want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Central Committee's instructions?
2. Describe the arrival of the Chief of Police.
3. How does Louis feel about Roger's beliefs regarding the revolution?
4. Who appears on the balcony?
5. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
6. What happens to Chantal?
7. Describe Armand's behavior.
8. What is the last thing the Envoy reports?
9. What happens when the doorbell rings?
10. Why do Carmen and the Queen run out of the room?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)