|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Irma have trouble replacing prostitutes?
(a) The girls do not like Irma.
(b) The girls do not want to role play.
(c) When they do not get paid on time.
(d) When what they are asked to do becomes too real.
2. How does Irma ring the doorbell?
(a) She uses her monitor.
(b) A visitor rings the doorbell.
(c) She pays a neighbor to ring the doorbell.
(d) She has a servant go outside and ring the doorbell.
3. What does Chantal want to do?
(b) Be Roger's wife.
(c) Be a nurse.
(d) Be a mother.
4. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
(a) That he have a refund.
(b) That he have a new prosititute.
(c) That he have a new uniform.
(d) That he be left in peace.
5. How has Irma felt waiting for the Chief of Police?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Irma speak about her business?
2. What will happen to the rebellion, according to Irma?
3. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
4. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
5. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen think of his ideas?
2. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
3. How does Irma feel about Carmen?
4. Who announces the Queen? What does he say?
5. What happens when the doorbell rings?
6. How do those on the balcony appear?
7. How do the others react to Roger's castration?
8. How do those on the balcony react to Chantal's appearance?
9. Describe Armand's behavior.
10. What is the last thing the Envoy reports?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)