|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do none of the girls think of Carmen as their real friend?
(a) She is cruel to them.
(b) They know that she tells Irma everything, Irma tells the Chief of Police.
(c) She is very cold and unfriendly.
(d) She takes their money.
2. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
(a) She is having a nervous breakdown.
(b) She might injure a visitor.
(c) She might end up like Chantal.
(d) She might scare away visitors.
3. Who has just arrived at the end of the scene?
(c) The Queen's Envoy.
(d) The rebels.
4. What does she ask Carmen about the other girls?
(a) Which ones are double-crossers.
(b) Which ones earn the most money.
(c) Which ones will be leaving.
(d) Which ones also like playing the role of saints.
5. What has happened to the Queen?
(a) She has been kidnapped.
(b) She hase been killed.
(c) She is in hiding.
(d) She has joined the rebels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
2. What is Armand doing as Roger comments on how foolish vanity is?
3. What does the Chief demand from Irma?
4. Why is Carmen thoughtful and sad?
5. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scene 2 open?
2. What takes place in the cafe?
3. What has the central committee been discussing?
4. What happens after the second explosion?
5. What does Carmen think of his ideas?
6. How does the Bishop break his agreement with Irma?
7. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
8. How do those on the balcony react to Chantal's appearance?
9. Describe the arrival of the Chief of Police.
10. How does Irma feel about the experiences she provides?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)