|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
(a) There has been an earthquake.
(b) It is a dark, stormy night.
(c) They neighborhood is filled with gangs.
(d) With all the violence going on.
2. What does the Chief say he will do when the rebellion is over?
(a) He will move back into the whorehouse.
(b) He will marry Irma.
(c) He will shut down the whorehouse.
(d) He will take Irma away with him.
3. How does the Chief of Police change the subject?
(a) He asks for details about what scenarios have gone on in the whorehouse.
(b) He talks about how disturbing it is the have the Queen in hiding.
(c) He contemplates what scenario he will have.
(d) He asks Irma if she will get rid of Arthur.
4. Why are these experiences important?
(a) They are exciting.
(b) They provide a release for visitors.
(c) They earn money for Irma.
(d) They remain pure.
5. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
(a) Her name.
(b) Where she is from.
(c) If she wants to leave.
(d) If she is new.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
2. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
3. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
4. What is Carmen doing?
5. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it difficult to retain prostitutes?
2. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
3. How does Roger feel about the rebellion?
4. What does the Chief say about the new rebellion?
5. How does the Bishop lose control?
6. Why do Carmen and the Queen run out of the room?
7. Who announces the Queen? What does he say?
8. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
9. What takes place in the cafe?
10. What is done to Chantal afterward?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)