|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Elizabeth.
(b) Saint Ann.
(c) Saint Joan of Arc.
(d) Saint Theresa.
2. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
(c) A Girl in a black corset.
3. How does Irma ring the doorbell?
(a) She pays a neighbor to ring the doorbell.
(b) She has a servant go outside and ring the doorbell.
(c) A visitor rings the doorbell.
(d) She uses her monitor.
4. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
(a) His fake voice.
(b) His large coat and hat.
(c) His fake title.
(d) His gaudy makeup.
5. What does Carmen say it will not take the rebels long to discover?
(a) The joys of debauchery.
(b) Her hideout.
(c) Her hidden source of money.
(d) The location of the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do none of the girls think of Carmen as their real friend?
2. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
3. What has Roger convinced Chantal to do?
4. What does Irma notice about one of her prostitutes on the monitor?
5. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
2. What is the Judge's fantasy?
3. Why are the other girls no longer friends with Carmen?
4. How do Carmen and the prostitutes feel about their work?
5. How does Roger feel about the rebellion?
6. What is Irma wearing for the Chief of Police?
7. Who is the visitor?
8. How does the Bishop break his agreement with Irma?
9. How does the Bishop lose control?
10. What does the Chief say about his and the others' power?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)