|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
(a) Confess her sins.
(c) Shout his name.
(d) Cook for him.
2. What is Carmen doing?
(b) Counting the income from the evening's activities.
(d) Writing a letter to her daughter.
3. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Why is has not joined the rebellion.
(b) If he will be moving back into the whorehouse.
(c) The risks he took to get there and the dangers caused by the revolution.
(d) Whether or not he still loves her.
4. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
(b) A kind of tenderness.
5. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
(a) They have advanced.
(b) They are retreating.
(c) They are in the right.
(d) They are cowards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen say it will not take the rebels long to discover?
2. What do both Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
3. How does Irma ring the doorbell?
4. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
5. What are the only things that are real to Irma?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Irma monitor the activities in the house?
2. What are the characters' reactions after they leave the balcony?
3. Who does Irma believe will be the victors of this war?
4. How does Scene 2 open?
5. What do Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
6. Who is the visitor?
7. What does the Bishop do when he sees his reflection in the mirror?
8. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
9. How does Irma feel about Carmen?
10. Why are the other girls no longer friends with Carmen?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)