|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
(a) Why she decided to join the rebel cause.
(b) Why she is dating Roger and not him.
(c) Why she is not out inspiring the men with her voice.
(d) Why she is not the one bandaging him.
2. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
(a) Dressing up as the Virgin Mary.
(b) Living in Irma's world of illusion.
(c) Chantal leaving.
(d) The rebellion.
3. Why does Irma have trouble replacing prostitutes?
(a) When what they are asked to do becomes too real.
(b) The girls do not want to role play.
(c) When they do not get paid on time.
(d) The girls do not like Irma.
4. How does Irma speak about her business?
(a) With jealousy.
(b) With pride.
(c) With sadness.
(d) With guilt.
5. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
(a) She is innocent.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) She is a thief.
(d) She is not a Prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Arthur to pose as in a session that night?
2. What has Roger convinced Chantal to do?
3. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
4. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
5. What is Irma's reasoning for why the Chief has forgotten her and her needs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen say and do to convince the Bishop to play the role?
2. How does Irma feel about Carmen?
3. Why do Carmen and the Queen run out of the room?
4. What does Carmen think of his ideas?
5. Why is it difficult to retain prostitutes?
6. How do Carmen and the prostitutes feel about their work?
7. What takes place between the General and the Girl in the black corset?
8. What are the characters' reactions after they leave the balcony?
9. What does the Chief say about the new rebellion?
10. Describe the arrival of the Chief of Police.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)