|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Joan of Arc.
(b) Saint Ann.
(c) Saint Theresa.
(d) Saint Elizabeth.
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
(a) Carmen is no longer employed by Irma.
(b) Irma is in love with Arthur.
(c) Irma insists on referring to the clients as visitors.
(d) Irma does not like working at the whore house.
3. What is the Bishop wearing?
(a) Sequins and beads.
(b) A black suit and white priest's collar.
(c) A simple robe.
(d) Robes with exaggerated shoulders and garish makeup.
4. What does Irma refuse to tell Arthur?
(a) Where this fantasy will take place.
(b) How much he will be paid.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) Who his visitor is.
5. What does Chantal say she is not cut out to be?
(a) Either Roger or Luke's girlfriend.
(b) Either a mother or a nurse.
(c) Either a singer or a prostitute.
(d) Either a nurse or a rebel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
2. What is the rebels' control committee discussing?
3. What is Chantal doing at the beginning of this scene?
4. What does Irma ask Carmen?
5. What advice does Georgette give to the Wounded Rebel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has the central committee been discussing?
2. How does Irma feel about their fate?
3. What is Carmen's role in the whorehouse?
4. What do the Envoy, Irma, Carmen, and the Chief say regarding the Queen?
5. What are the Central Committee's instructions?
6. How does the Bishop lose control?
7. Why do Carmen and the Queen run out of the room?
8. Why is it difficult to retain prostitutes?
9. What does the Chief say about his and the others' power?
10. How does the Bishop break his agreement with Irma?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)