|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Irma ring the doorbell?
(a) She pays a neighbor to ring the doorbell.
(b) She has a servant go outside and ring the doorbell.
(c) She uses her monitor.
(d) A visitor rings the doorbell.
2. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
(a) They are retreating.
(b) They are cowards.
(c) They have advanced.
(d) They are in the right.
3. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
(a) She is having a nervous breakdown.
(b) She might injure a visitor.
(c) She might scare away visitors.
(d) She might end up like Chantal.
4. What does she ask Carmen about the other girls?
(a) Which ones earn the most money.
(b) Which ones are double-crossers.
(c) Which ones also like playing the role of saints.
(d) Which ones will be leaving.
5. What does Arthur's conversation with Irma reveal?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are part of the rebellion.
(d) They are husband and wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Arthur killed?
2. What does Chantal say she has to offer?
3. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
4. What do both Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
5. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Envoy tell the Chief is being built and could be his?
2. Who appears on the balcony?
3. Who announces the Queen? What does he say?
4. What happens when the doorbell rings?
5. What takes place in the cafe?
6. How does Chantal feel about the outcome of her singing?
7. What do the Chief and Irma realize will happen when they begin playing their roles?
8. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
9. What does Carmen say and do to convince the Bishop to play the role?
10. What does Luke want with Chantal?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)