|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
(a) Speak to the guests in each room.
(b) Speak to other whorehouses.
(c) Watch for intruders outside the house.
(d) Watch and hear everything that goes on in each of the rooms in the house.
2. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Saying a homily.
(b) Quoting scripture.
(c) Praying for the needy.
(d) Declaiming his philosophy of faith.
3. What does Irma say keeps happening, despite the revolution?
(a) There is very little bombing.
(b) There is less freedom.
(c) The government's soldiers keep dying.
(d) People keep coming to The Balcony.
4. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Joan of Arc.
(b) Saint Ann.
(c) Saint Theresa.
(d) Saint Elizabeth.
5. What is Carmen doing?
(c) Counting the income from the evening's activities.
(d) Writing a letter to her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irma put on to see the Chief of Police?
2. What does Georgette say to Chantal about her bandaging abilities?
3. What does the Chief of Police vow?
4. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
5. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is done to Chantal afterward?
2. Who does Irma believe will be the victors of this war?
3. What role does the Chief of Police hope someone will play?
4. What is Irma wearing for the Chief of Police?
5. What is the Judge's fantasy?
6. What is the last thing the Envoy reports?
7. What are the Central Committee's instructions?
8. How does Irma feel about their fate?
9. Why is it difficult to retain prostitutes?
10. What does the Queen say about the state of the country?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)