|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Roger convinced Chantal to do?
(a) Leave the rebel movement.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Join the rebel movement.
(d) Go back to prostituting herself.
2. What is Armand doing as Roger comments on how foolish vanity is?
(a) Admiring his appearance in the mirror.
(b) Talking to Chantal.
(c) Cleaning his rifle for the next uprising.
3. What does Irma refuse to tell Arthur?
(a) Who his visitor is.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) How much he will be paid.
(d) Where this fantasy will take place.
4. What is no different than being a prostitute?
(a) Being a singer.
(b) Being a rebel.
(c) Being a wife.
(d) Being a nurse.
5. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
(a) A local reputation for providing for fantasies.
(b) A mediocre reputation.
(c) A poor reputation.
(d) A worldwide reputation of excellence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
2. When does Roger say they will arrange activities celebrating their victory?
3. Who interrupts the men's argument?
4. Why is the Chief of Police disappointed?
5. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
2. What takes place in the cafe?
3. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
4. Describe Armand's behavior.
5. What is done to Chantal afterward?
6. How does Roger feel about the rebellion?
7. What do the Chief and Irma realize will happen when they begin playing their roles?
8. What is Carmen's role in the whorehouse?
9. How does the Bishop lose control?
10. How do those on the balcony react to Chantal's appearance?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)