|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is on his hands and knees in front of the Prisoner?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Executioner.
(c) A Judge.
(d) The General.
2. How does the Chief of Police change the subject?
(a) He asks for details about what scenarios have gone on in the whorehouse.
(b) He asks Irma if she will get rid of Arthur.
(c) He contemplates what scenario he will have.
(d) He talks about how disturbing it is the have the Queen in hiding.
3. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
(a) That he have a new uniform.
(b) That he have a refund.
(c) That he have a new prosititute.
(d) That he be left in peace.
4. What does Irma ask Carmen?
(a) If she will join the rebels.
(b) What she knows about Chantal.
(c) If she loves her.
(d) How much longer she will be working at The Balcony.
5. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
(a) A kind of tenderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Irma speak about her business?
2. What is the Bishop wearing?
3. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
4. Why does Irma have trouble replacing prostitutes?
5. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Irma feel about the experiences she provides?
2. How does Chantal feel about the outcome of her singing?
3. What happens to Chantal?
4. Who announces the Queen? What does he say?
5. Who does Irma believe will be the victors of this war?
6. Why is it difficult to retain prostitutes?
7. What is the last thing the Envoy reports?
8. What do the Chief and Irma realize will happen when they begin playing their roles?
9. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
10. What does Luke want with Chantal?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)