|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) If he will be moving back into the whorehouse.
(b) Why is has not joined the rebellion.
(c) Whether or not he still loves her.
(d) The risks he took to get there and the dangers caused by the revolution.
2. Where has Chantal learned her technique?
(a) In a whorehouse.
(b) From her mother.
(c) At a university.
(d) With a professional voice coach.
3. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
(a) Chantal leaving.
(b) The rebellion.
(c) Living in Irma's world of illusion.
(d) Dressing up as the Virgin Mary.
4. How has Irma felt waiting for the Chief of Police?
5. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) Arthur insists on being there.
(b) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(c) Irma loves Arthur.
(d) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do none of the girls think of Carmen as their real friend?
2. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
3. What is Arthur to pose as in a session that night?
4. What is Chantal doing at the beginning of this scene?
5. What advice does Georgette give to the Wounded Rebel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Envoy tell the Chief is being built and could be his?
2. Why do Carmen and the Queen run out of the room?
3. Why is it difficult to retain prostitutes?
4. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
5. What do the Chief and Irma realize will happen when they begin playing their roles?
6. What does Carmen think of his ideas?
7. What happens after the second explosion?
8. What happens after the huge explosion?
9. What does Irma believe will happen to her business, if the rebels are successful?
10. What does Georgette do for the men after she bandages their wounds?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)