|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are not real.
(b) They are minor.
(c) They are in abundance.
(d) They are real.
2. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
3. Where has Chantal learned her technique?
(a) From her mother.
(b) With a professional voice coach.
(c) In a whorehouse.
(d) At a university.
4. What does Irma say happens in every revolution?
(a) The innocent die.
(b) An ex-prostitutes is held up as a symbol of freedom.
(c) The rebels win.
(d) The leader of the country dies.
5. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
(d) A Girl in a black corset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
2. How are the lives of the real Bishop, Judge, and General different from those that become them as part of a fantasy?
3. What does Irma refuse to tell Arthur?
4. What is Irma's reasoning for why the Chief has forgotten her and her needs?
5. What does the Chief say he will do when the rebellion is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgette do for the men after she bandages their wounds?
2. What do Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
3. What do the Envoy, Irma, Carmen, and the Chief say regarding the Queen?
4. What happens after the huge explosion?
5. How do Carmen and the prostitutes feel about their work?
6. What does Irma believe will happen to her business, if the rebels are successful?
7. What takes place in the cafe?
8. How does the Bishop lose control?
9. How do the others react to Roger's castration?
10. What has happened to Chantal?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)