|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
(a) A worldwide reputation of excellence.
(b) A local reputation for providing for fantasies.
(c) A poor reputation.
(d) A mediocre reputation.
2. What does Luke say his group of rebels needs?
(a) More rations.
(c) The committee to speak with them.
(d) Something to spur them back into action.
3. What will happen to the rebellion, according to Irma?
(a) It will succeed.
(b) It will be crushed.
(c) It will become stronger.
(d) It will go down in history as the most powerful rebellion.
4. What is no different than being a prostitute?
(a) Being a rebel.
(b) Being a singer.
(c) Being a nurse.
(d) Being a wife.
5. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
(d) Hopeful innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
2. What does the Chief of Police vow?
3. Who is on his hands and knees in front of the Prisoner?
4. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
5. What does Chantal say she is not cut out to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roger feel about Chantal singing for the crowd?
2. How does Louis feel about Roger's beliefs regarding the revolution?
3. What has the central committee been discussing?
4. What happens after the huge explosion?
5. What is Carmen's role in the whorehouse?
6. What takes place between the General and the Girl in the black corset?
7. What does Carmen say and do to convince the Bishop to play the role?
8. What do the characters say about the order of authority?
9. What happens when the doorbell rings?
10. What is done to Chantal afterward?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)