|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
(a) Confess her sins.
(b) Shout his name.
(d) Cook for him.
2. What are the only things that are real to Irma?
(a) Her jewels.
(b) Her daughters.
(c) Her lovers.
(d) Her money and multiple bank accounts.
3. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
(a) She wants to be with him.
(b) She wants more money from him.
(c) She needs the room for someone else.
(d) She does not like him.
4. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
(a) Chantal leaving.
(b) The rebellion.
(c) Living in Irma's world of illusion.
(d) Dressing up as the Virgin Mary.
5. What is Arthur to pose as in a session that night?
(a) A Bishop.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A General.
(d) A Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
2. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
3. What does she ask Carmen about the other girls?
4. Why is the Chief of Police disappointed?
5. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Chief and Irma realize will happen when they begin playing their roles?
2. What does Carmen say and do to convince the Bishop to play the role?
3. What do Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
4. What takes place between the General and the Girl in the black corset?
5. What has happened to Chantal?
6. What do the characters say about the order of authority?
7. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
8. What are the Central Committee's instructions?
9. How does the Bishop lose control?
10. How do those on the balcony appear?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)