|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Irma felt waiting for the Chief of Police?
2. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
(a) That he have a refund.
(b) That he be left in peace.
(c) That he have a new uniform.
(d) That he have a new prosititute.
3. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She is missing her mother.
(d) She is happy with her new family.
4. Why does Georgette take over from Chantal?
(a) Chantal's voice is becoming shaky.
(b) Chantal is thinking too much about what she is doing.
(c) Chantal needs to leave Roger alone.
(d) Chantal is too upset.
5. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
(a) His reflection in the mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the lives of the real Bishop, Judge, and General different from those that become them as part of a fantasy?
2. What does Irma put on to see the Chief of Police?
3. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
4. What will the rebels be occupying that evening?
5. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the Chief of Police hope someone will play?
2. How do Carmen and the prostitutes feel about their work?
3. What is Carmen's role in the whorehouse?
4. How does Irma feel about the experiences she provides?
5. What do Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
6. What are the characters' reactions after they leave the balcony?
7. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
8. What does Georgette do for the men after she bandages their wounds?
9. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
10. Who announces the Queen? What does he say?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)