Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
(a) They are in the right.
(b) They are retreating.
(c) They are cowards.
(d) They have advanced.
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
(a) Irma insists on referring to the clients as visitors.
(b) Irma does not like working at the whore house.
(c) Carmen is no longer employed by Irma.
(d) Irma is in love with Arthur.
3. What does Irma ask Carmen?
(a) How much longer she will be working at The Balcony.
(b) What she knows about Chantal.
(c) If she will join the rebels.
(d) If she loves her.
4. How is Arthur killed?
(a) The Chief kills him.
(b) Arthur falls down a flight of stairs.
(c) The prostitutes gang up on him.
(d) A bullet comes through the window.
5. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
(d) Hopeful innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
2. What does Irma say keeps happening, despite the revolution?
3. What does Arthur's conversation with Irma reveal?
4. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
5. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irma believe will happen to her business, if the rebels are successful?
2. What happens to Chantal?
3. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
4. What does the Queen say about the Chief's tomb?
5. What has happened to Chantal?
6. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
7. Who appears on the balcony?
8. What do the characters do when the Photographers arrive?
9. What is the only thing Chantal wants to do?
10. What do the Envoy, Irma, Carmen, and the Chief say regarding the Queen?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)