|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she ask Carmen about the other girls?
(a) Which ones are double-crossers.
(b) Which ones earn the most money.
(c) Which ones also like playing the role of saints.
(d) Which ones will be leaving.
2. What is Irma concerned about regarding the rebels?
(a) They will kill Chantal.
(b) They will not succeed.
(c) They are taking the game too seriously.
(d) They will kill the Queen.
3. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
(c) She feels spiritual pleasure.
4. What does Irma say will happen to her if the rebels succeed?
(a) She will open another house.
(b) She will go out of business.
(c) She will have to change some of her business practices.
(d) She will be very successful.
5. Why does Georgette take over from Chantal?
(a) Chantal's voice is becoming shaky.
(b) Chantal is too upset.
(c) Chantal needs to leave Roger alone.
(d) Chantal is thinking too much about what she is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
2. To whom does the Judge compare himself?
3. What is no different than being a prostitute?
4. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
5. Who has just arrived at the end of the scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the arrival of the Chief of Police.
2. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
3. Why is it difficult to retain prostitutes?
4. How does Scene 2 open?
5. How do the others react to Roger's castration?
6. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
7. How does Roger feel about the rebellion?
8. Why are the other girls no longer friends with Carmen?
9. How does Irma feel about the experiences she provides?
10. What is Carmen's role in the whorehouse?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)