|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authorities are planning to follow the usual pattern of what?
(a) Using the rebellion to enhance their own power.
(b) Using double-agents.
(c) Attack and run.
(d) Spying on the rebels.
2. What do the Bishop and Judge believe they will become?
(a) The people they are pretending to be.
(b) Tired of their roles as officials.
(d) Very popular.
3. What happens to Chantal?
(a) She is escorted off the balcony.
(b) She is pushed off the balcony.
(c) She is shot dead.
(d) She is cheered.
4. What do the Queen and Envoy do?
(a) Stay on the balcony.
(b) Speak to the people.
(c) Go out for lunch.
(d) Come in and watch the Photographers at work.
5. What does Mark tell Armand to do?
(a) Protect Chantal.
(b) Tell Roger the news.
(c) Grab a weapon and get out onto the streets and fight.
(d) Run and hide.
6. Who else is preparing to play specific roles?
(a) The General and the Judge.
(b) The Executioner and the Prisoner.
(c) Irma and Carmen.
(d) Carmen and the other prostitutes.
7. How are they made up to appear?
(a) Like actors.
(b) Like clowns.
(c) Larger than life.
(d) Like celebrities.
8. Who does the Chief say shot Chantal?
(a) The Rebels.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The General.
9. How is Chantal like the other officials?
(a) She is loved by everyone.
(b) She is protected by those that love her.
(c) She is larger than life.
(d) She craves power.
10. What do the other officials tell the Chief?
(a) He should be patient.
(b) He does not deserve power.
(c) He should look for someone to pretend to be him.
(d) He should go out and get more power.
11. What is the Queen doing to keep from being captured?
(a) Living in the forest.
(b) Moving from room to room.
(c) Hiding in the underground rooms of the Palace.
(d) Traveling on a train to another country.
12. Around what has the revolution mobilized?
(a) Images of Chantal.
(b) Roger as the leader.
(c) The explosion at the Palace.
(d) Their success in forcing the Queen into hiding.
13. Where is the Envoy headed?
(a) To investigate the cause of the explosion.
(b) To attend the Queen.
(c) To fight the rebels.
(d) To spy on the rebels.
14. How does the Queen respond when the Envoy says she is just a figurehead?
(a) She is tired of the power she has.
(b) She does not want to be the Queen any longer.
(c) She wants to go back to being Irma.
(d) She wants real power.
15. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Get Chantal's face on posters and billboards.
(c) Go to the Palace and fight.
(d) Protect Chantal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ultimate end faced by anyone in authority?
2. Who sets up Chantal?
3. What does the Queen do?
4. Where will all the characters appear?
5. Why does Georgette leave?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)