|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Committee instruct the rebels to do regarding Chantal?
(a) Have her sing.
(b) Put her image on posters.
(c) Put her into hiding.
(d) Remove her from the rebellion.
2. Who does the Chief say shot Chantal?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Rebels.
(c) The General.
(d) The Judge.
3. What does the Envoy hint to Irma?
(a) She should close her business.
(b) She should go see the Queen.
(c) She should play the role of Queen.
(d) She should become a double-agent.
4. What story does the Envoy tell?
(a) Where the Queen has been sent during this time of war.
(b) A deliberately confusing story about how she is being kept hidden and occupied.
(c) The Queen's feelings on the rebellion.
(d) How he became the Queen's Envoy.
5. Who appears?
6. Why does Roger not want Chantal to go?
(a) He does not think she would make a good Queen.
(b) He loves her and is afraid for her.
(c) He does not trust her.
(d) He wants to be the leader.
7. What is the Queen doing to keep from being captured?
(a) Traveling on a train to another country.
(b) Hiding in the underground rooms of the Palace.
(c) Moving from room to room.
(d) Living in the forest.
8. What will Chantal do once the Palace is captured?
(a) Become the leader of the rebels.
(b) Play the role of the Queen.
(c) Go back to the whorehouse.
(d) Go out on the balcony and sing to inspire the people.
9. What has happened to the Palace?
(a) It has been seized.
(b) It has been flooded.
(c) It has been blown up.
(d) It has been knocked over.
10. What symbolizes the emptiness of power?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The country.
(c) The Palace.
(d) The whorehouse.
11. What will be the symbol of how the Chief's power is greater than anyone else's?
(a) The Chief's tomb.
(b) The Chief's voice.
(c) The Chief's image.
(d) The Chief's weapon.
12. Who sets up Chantal?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The rebels.
(c) The Envoy.
(d) The officials.
13. Why does the room shake?
(a) From a tidal wave.
(b) From an earthquake.
(c) From a huge explosion.
(d) From a tornado.
14. What does the Chief say are all failures?
(a) The rebels.
(b) The Envoy's ideas for improving his image.
(c) His friends.
(d) Everything he tries to do to end the rebellion.
15. How does the Queen respond when the Envoy says she is just a figurehead?
(a) She is tired of the power she has.
(b) She wants to go back to being Irma.
(c) She wants real power.
(d) She does not want to be the Queen any longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has the Queen's staff managed to get to?
2. What does the Envoy tell the Chief?
3. What does he shout?
4. Who bows to the Bishop?
5. How has the whorehouse taught her well?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)