|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other officials tell the Chief?
(a) He should look for someone to pretend to be him.
(b) He does not deserve power.
(c) He should go out and get more power.
(d) He should be patient.
2. Who bows to the Bishop?
(a) His wife.
(b) His grocer.
(c) His boss.
(d) His mother.
3. The authorities are planning to follow the usual pattern of what?
(a) Using the rebellion to enhance their own power.
(b) Spying on the rebels.
(c) Attack and run.
(d) Using double-agents.
4. How is Chantal like the other officials?
(a) She craves power.
(b) She is larger than life.
(c) She is protected by those that love her.
(d) She is loved by everyone.
5. What does the Bishop say has not yet solidified the Chief's power?
(a) Being on the balcony.
(b) His other friends in authority.
(c) Having someone pretend to be him at the whorehouse.
(d) Ira's love for him.
6. What is the role of the Beggar?
(a) To show that some of those in the crowd still revere the Queen.
(b) To kill the Queen.
(c) To show his hatred toward the Queen.
(d) To show the poverty of the people.
7. What do the Queen and Envoy do?
(a) Stay on the balcony.
(b) Speak to the people.
(c) Come in and watch the Photographers at work.
(d) Go out for lunch.
8. How has the whorehouse taught her well?
(a) To say one thing and feel another.
(b) To be fearless.
(c) To care about others.
(d) To please others.
9. Around what has the revolution mobilized?
(a) Roger as the leader.
(b) The explosion at the Palace.
(c) Images of Chantal.
(d) Their success in forcing the Queen into hiding.
10. What does he shout?
(a) "Here Comes the Queen!"
(b) "God Save the Queen!"
(c) "The Royals of Our Country!"
(d) "The One and Only Queen!"
11. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
(a) Go to the Palace and fight.
(b) Protect Chantal.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Get Chantal's face on posters and billboards.
12. What does the Chief say are all failures?
(a) The Envoy's ideas for improving his image.
(b) Everything he tries to do to end the rebellion.
(c) His friends.
(d) The rebels.
13. What does Armand rush in and ask?
(a) Where should he go fight.
(b) What can he do to help.
(c) What will happen to the Queen and others in authority.
(d) What will happen to the rebels.
14. What will Chantal do once the Palace is captured?
(a) Go out on the balcony and sing to inspire the people.
(b) Play the role of the Queen.
(c) Become the leader of the rebels.
(d) Go back to the whorehouse.
15. What does the Bishop say is above the Queen?
(a) The other officials.
(b) The people.
(c) A camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets up Chantal?
2. To what does Irma agree?
3. What seduces the Bishop and prepares him to play his private fantasy role in public?
4. What is the Bishop in real life?
5. What does the Chief say about the three officials?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)