|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolizes the emptiness of power?
(a) The whorehouse.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The country.
(d) The Palace.
2. What is the ultimate end faced by anyone in authority?
3. What does he shout?
(a) "The Royals of Our Country!"
(b) "The One and Only Queen!"
(c) "Here Comes the Queen!"
(d) "God Save the Queen!"
4. What does the Committee instruct the rebels to do regarding Chantal?
(a) Put her image on posters.
(b) Remove her from the rebellion.
(c) Put her into hiding.
(d) Have her sing.
5. Of what does the Queen remind the officials?
(a) Their lives will probably be cut short by the rebels.
(b) They cannot return to their old lives.
(c) When they first came to the whorehouse, they had a small seed of the power they sought truly living in them.
(d) They are all actors in a play and have no real power.
6. Who does the Queen accuse of engineering Chantal's death?
(a) The General.
(b) The Chief.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The Bishop.
7. What is the Bishop in real life?
(a) A plummer.
(b) A Bishop.
(c) A gas man.
(d) A teacher.
8. What does the Bishop say is above the Queen?
(a) The people.
(b) A camera.
(c) The other officials.
9. What does the Chief say about the three officials?
(a) They should remain as the officials.
(b) They did a superb job acting as officials.
(c) They are his best friends.
(d) They seem relieved at not having to live their roles anymore.
10. Why does Roger not want Chantal to go?
(a) He does not trust her.
(b) He does not think she would make a good Queen.
(c) He loves her and is afraid for her.
(d) He wants to be the leader.
11. What does the Chief say are all failures?
(a) The rebels.
(b) The Envoy's ideas for improving his image.
(c) Everything he tries to do to end the rebellion.
(d) His friends.
12. What do the other officials tell the Chief?
(a) He does not deserve power.
(b) He should look for someone to pretend to be him.
(c) He should be patient.
(d) He should go out and get more power.
13. What do the Queen and the General do?
(a) They carry Chantal off.
(b) They push her over the edge.
(c) They tell Carmen to help.
(d) They call for Roger.
14. Around what has the revolution mobilized?
(a) Roger as the leader.
(b) The explosion at the Palace.
(c) Their success in forcing the Queen into hiding.
(d) Images of Chantal.
15. About what does the Judge worry?
(a) If the crowd likes him.
(b) If he will be shot.
(c) If he looks like the real Judge.
(d) If he was visible behind the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bows to the Bishop?
2. What story does the Envoy tell?
3. Who appears?
4. What do the officials assume?
5. From where has news come?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)