|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears?
2. What does Louis say Roger is imagining?
(a) An ideal revolution carried out reasonably and efficiently.
(b) Life when the rebellion is over.
(c) His role in the rebellion.
(d) His life without the rebel cause.
3. What do the officials assume?
(a) They are about to die.
(b) What they think are the appropriate poses.
(c) Their roles as the authorities.
(d) They will become celebrities.
4. What is the Queen doing to keep from being captured?
(a) Living in the forest.
(b) Hiding in the underground rooms of the Palace.
(c) Traveling on a train to another country.
(d) Moving from room to room.
5. What do the Bishop and Judge believe they will become?
(a) The people they are pretending to be.
(c) Very popular.
(d) Tired of their roles as officials.
6. What does the Chief feel occasionally?
(a) Sadness for the rebels.
(b) Love for Irma and the other prostitutes.
(c) The urge to let go of his real power and live a life of illusion.
(d) The desire to have more power.
7. What do the Queen and Envoy do?
(a) Go out for lunch.
(b) Speak to the people.
(c) Stay on the balcony.
(d) Come in and watch the Photographers at work.
8. From where has news come?
(a) The Central Committee.
(b) From the Queen's Envoy.
(c) From the Queen.
(d) From the rebel soldiers.
9. What does the Envoy assure the Chief?
(a) He is safe.
(b) The Queen is safe.
(c) His job is done.
(d) The rebellion will be destroyed.
10. Where has the Queen's staff managed to get to?
(a) Into a boat to escape.
(c) On to a train.
(d) The Grand Balcony.
11. What do the Queen and the General do?
(a) They call for Roger.
(b) They carry Chantal off.
(c) They tell Carmen to help.
(d) They push her over the edge.
12. What does the Committee instruct the rebels to do regarding Chantal?
(a) Put her image on posters.
(b) Remove her from the rebellion.
(c) Have her sing.
(d) Put her into hiding.
13. Who appears and shouts?
(a) The Envoy.
(b) The Chief.
(c) A Beggar.
(d) A servant.
14. What does the Envoy tell the Chief?
(a) He is gaining in power.
(b) He is no longer useful in the fight against the rebels.
(c) No one has come into the whorehouse yet asking to pretend to be him.
(d) The rebels are destroying his authority.
15. Why does Roger not want Chantal to go?
(a) He loves her and is afraid for her.
(b) He does not trust her.
(c) He wants to be the leader.
(d) He does not think she would make a good Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Envoy say is the most important message?
2. How must Roger feel with Chantal's fate?
3. What do the Chief and Irma confess?
4. What does the Queen do?
5. What will be the symbol of how the Chief's power is greater than anyone else's?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)