|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the officials say they are consolidating their own power?
(a) So they each have less responsibility.
(b) To show the people that they are one governing body.
(c) So that the Chiefs will not overwhelm them.
(d) So they will be more powerful than anyone else.
2. What is the Queen doing to keep from being captured?
(a) Moving from room to room.
(b) Living in the forest.
(c) Traveling on a train to another country.
(d) Hiding in the underground rooms of the Palace.
3. Who appears?
4. What does the Envoy assure the Chief?
(a) The Queen is safe.
(b) He is safe.
(c) The rebellion will be destroyed.
(d) His job is done.
5. The authorities are planning to follow the usual pattern of what?
(a) Spying on the rebels.
(b) Attack and run.
(c) Using the rebellion to enhance their own power.
(d) Using double-agents.
6. What does the Envoy say is the most important message?
(a) The kindness shown to the people.
(b) The laws.
(c) The image.
(d) The voice.
7. Who appears and shouts?
(a) A servant.
(b) The Envoy.
(c) The Chief.
(d) A Beggar.
8. What do they realize about the explosion?
(a) It is from the authorities, not the rebellion.
(b) It is at the palace.
(c) It is minor.
(d) It is far away.
9. Why is the Chief sure the officials will continue to play their roles?
(a) The country needs them.
(b) They look the money that comes with power.
(c) They want to keep the power they have.
(d) The other officials are not returning.
10. What will Chantal do once the Palace is captured?
(a) Go back to the whorehouse.
(b) Become the leader of the rebels.
(c) Play the role of the Queen.
(d) Go out on the balcony and sing to inspire the people.
11. What has happened to Irma's room?
(a) It is flooded.
(b) It is covered in soot.
(c) It is on fire.
(d) It is ruined by explosions.
12. What will be the symbol of how the Chief's power is greater than anyone else's?
(a) The Chief's image.
(b) The Chief's voice.
(c) The Chief's weapon.
(d) The Chief's tomb.
13. Where is the Envoy headed?
(a) To spy on the rebels.
(b) To investigate the cause of the explosion.
(c) To attend the Queen.
(d) To fight the rebels.
14. What is the role of the Beggar?
(a) To show the poverty of the people.
(b) To show that some of those in the crowd still revere the Queen.
(c) To kill the Queen.
(d) To show his hatred toward the Queen.
15. What has happened to the Palace?
(a) It has been flooded.
(b) It has been knocked over.
(c) It has been seized.
(d) It has been blown up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will the Chief's position be perilous?
2. What do the other officials tell the Chief?
3. How has the whorehouse taught her well?
4. What does the Envoy do with ribbons?
5. What do the Queen and the General do?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)