|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Chantal do once the Palace is captured?
(a) Play the role of the Queen.
(b) Go out on the balcony and sing to inspire the people.
(c) Become the leader of the rebels.
(d) Go back to the whorehouse.
2. What does the Envoy tell the Chief?
(a) He is gaining in power.
(b) No one has come into the whorehouse yet asking to pretend to be him.
(c) The rebels are destroying his authority.
(d) He is no longer useful in the fight against the rebels.
3. Of what does the Chief remind the officials?
(a) They are real leaders now.
(b) They have limitless power.
(c) They are important to the people of the country.
(d) They are still in a whorehouse.
4. What does the Envoy say is the most important message?
(a) The kindness shown to the people.
(b) The voice.
(c) The laws.
(d) The image.
5. What has happened to Irma's room?
(a) It is flooded.
(b) It is on fire.
(c) It is ruined by explosions.
(d) It is covered in soot.
6. Why does the room shake?
(a) From a tidal wave.
(b) From a tornado.
(c) From an earthquake.
(d) From a huge explosion.
7. Where is the Envoy headed?
(a) To spy on the rebels.
(b) To investigate the cause of the explosion.
(c) To fight the rebels.
(d) To attend the Queen.
8. Who does the Queen accuse of engineering Chantal's death?
(a) The Chief.
(b) The Judge.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The General.
9. What does he shout?
(a) "The One and Only Queen!"
(b) "Here Comes the Queen!"
(c) "The Royals of Our Country!"
(d) "God Save the Queen!"
10. Who bows to the Bishop?
(a) His grocer.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His boss.
11. What is the Bishop in real life?
(a) A Bishop.
(b) A plummer.
(c) A gas man.
(d) A teacher.
12. Why do the officials say they are consolidating their own power?
(a) So that the Chiefs will not overwhelm them.
(b) So they will be more powerful than anyone else.
(c) To show the people that they are one governing body.
(d) So they each have less responsibility.
13. What is the Queen doing to keep from being captured?
(a) Living in the forest.
(b) Moving from room to room.
(c) Hiding in the underground rooms of the Palace.
(d) Traveling on a train to another country.
14. How long will the Chief's position be perilous?
(a) As long as he is seen in public.
(b) While he is the Chief.
(c) While the rebellion lasts.
(d) Until someone pretends to be him at the whorehouse.
15. What must everything be grounded in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Queen respond when the Envoy says she is just a figurehead?
2. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
3. Why will the Chief and Irma be prevented from being themselves?
4. Why does Georgette leave?
5. What story does the Envoy tell?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)