|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of the Beggar?
(a) To kill the Queen.
(b) To show his hatred toward the Queen.
(c) To show that some of those in the crowd still revere the Queen.
(d) To show the poverty of the people.
2. Who does the Queen accuse of engineering Chantal's death?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Chief.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The General.
3. What do the Queen and the General do?
(a) They push her over the edge.
(b) They tell Carmen to help.
(c) They carry Chantal off.
(d) They call for Roger.
4. What do the officials assume?
(a) They are about to die.
(b) They will become celebrities.
(c) Their roles as the authorities.
(d) What they think are the appropriate poses.
5. How has the whorehouse taught her well?
(a) To care about others.
(b) To please others.
(c) To say one thing and feel another.
(d) To be fearless.
6. Who appears?
7. What will Chantal do once the Palace is captured?
(a) Become the leader of the rebels.
(b) Go out on the balcony and sing to inspire the people.
(c) Go back to the whorehouse.
(d) Play the role of the Queen.
8. What does the Envoy tell the Chief?
(a) He is no longer useful in the fight against the rebels.
(b) The rebels are destroying his authority.
(c) He is gaining in power.
(d) No one has come into the whorehouse yet asking to pretend to be him.
9. How might the people playing the officials feel on that balcony?
10. Where has the Queen's staff managed to get to?
(a) Into a boat to escape.
(b) On to a train.
(d) The Grand Balcony.
11. Where will all the characters appear?
(a) On the balcony.
(b) At a town hall meeting.
(c) At the Palace.
(d) In the town square.
12. Who else is preparing to play specific roles?
(a) The General and the Judge.
(b) The Executioner and the Prisoner.
(c) Irma and Carmen.
(d) Carmen and the other prostitutes.
13. What does the Envoy say is the most important message?
(a) The kindness shown to the people.
(b) The voice.
(c) The image.
(d) The laws.
14. Why is Chantal put on the balcony?
(a) To get close to the officials.
(b) To jeer at the officials.
(c) To see if the Queen is the real Queen.
(d) To inspire the rebels.
15. What does the Chief feel occasionally?
(a) The urge to let go of his real power and live a life of illusion.
(b) The desire to have more power.
(c) Love for Irma and the other prostitutes.
(d) Sadness for the rebels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Chantal like the other officials?
2. How long will the Chief's position be perilous?
3. What has happened to Irma's room?
4. Why does Roger not want Chantal to go?
5. What does Louis say Roger is imagining?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)