|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where has news come?
(a) From the Queen.
(b) From the rebel soldiers.
(c) From the Queen's Envoy.
(d) The Central Committee.
2. What do they realize about the explosion?
(a) It is far away.
(b) It is from the authorities, not the rebellion.
(c) It is minor.
(d) It is at the palace.
3. Who bows to the Bishop?
(a) His grocer.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His boss.
4. How long will the Chief's position be perilous?
(a) While the rebellion lasts.
(b) Until someone pretends to be him at the whorehouse.
(c) While he is the Chief.
(d) As long as he is seen in public.
5. About what does the Judge worry?
(a) If he will be shot.
(b) If he was visible behind the Queen.
(c) If the crowd likes him.
(d) If he looks like the real Judge.
6. Of what does the Chief remind the officials?
(a) They are real leaders now.
(b) They have limitless power.
(c) They are still in a whorehouse.
(d) They are important to the people of the country.
7. How must Roger feel with Chantal's fate?
8. What will be the symbol of how the Chief's power is greater than anyone else's?
(a) The Chief's voice.
(b) The Chief's image.
(c) The Chief's weapon.
(d) The Chief's tomb.
9. Who appears?
10. What does the Envoy say is the most important message?
(a) The voice.
(b) The kindness shown to the people.
(c) The laws.
(d) The image.
11. How does the Queen respond when the Envoy says she is just a figurehead?
(a) She does not want to be the Queen any longer.
(b) She wants real power.
(c) She wants to go back to being Irma.
(d) She is tired of the power she has.
12. What does the Committee instruct the rebels to do regarding Chantal?
(a) Put her image on posters.
(b) Remove her from the rebellion.
(c) Have her sing.
(d) Put her into hiding.
13. What symbolizes the emptiness of power?
(a) The whorehouse.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The country.
(d) The Palace.
14. What does the Chief say about the three officials?
(a) They are his best friends.
(b) They seem relieved at not having to live their roles anymore.
(c) They should remain as the officials.
(d) They did a superb job acting as officials.
15. How has the whorehouse taught her well?
(a) To say one thing and feel another.
(b) To care about others.
(c) To please others.
(d) To be fearless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Chantal like the other officials?
2. Why do all the officials appear at once?
3. Why is Chantal put on the balcony?
4. Why is the Chief sure the officials will continue to play their roles?
5. What does the Envoy assure the Chief?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)