|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief say are all failures?
(a) Everything he tries to do to end the rebellion.
(b) The rebels.
(c) His friends.
(d) The Envoy's ideas for improving his image.
2. Where is the Envoy headed?
(a) To investigate the cause of the explosion.
(b) To spy on the rebels.
(c) To fight the rebels.
(d) To attend the Queen.
3. What does the Envoy tell the Chief?
(a) The rebels are destroying his authority.
(b) No one has come into the whorehouse yet asking to pretend to be him.
(c) He is gaining in power.
(d) He is no longer useful in the fight against the rebels.
4. How must Roger feel with Chantal's fate?
5. What does the Envoy assure the Chief?
(a) The Queen is safe.
(b) He is safe.
(c) His job is done.
(d) The rebellion will be destroyed.
6. What does the Envoy do with ribbons?
(a) He honors the Chief with the ribbons.
(b) He gives them to the Queen.
(c) He puts them in his hair.
(d) He pins them to his chest.
7. What does the Bishop say is above the Queen?
(a) The other officials.
(b) The people.
(d) A camera.
8. What do the other officials tell the Chief?
(a) He should go out and get more power.
(b) He does not deserve power.
(c) He should be patient.
(d) He should look for someone to pretend to be him.
9. What must everything be grounded in?
10. What does this scene say about power?
(a) All power is the same.
(b) All power is different.
(c) Those who are powerful are safe.
(d) Power is desired by everyone.
11. Why do all the officials appear at once?
(a) The crowd wants to jeer at all of them at once.
(b) They are afraid to go alone.
(c) To show their power and authority.
(d) The Envoy hopes they will all be shot.
12. What do the Queen and Envoy do?
(a) Go out for lunch.
(b) Stay on the balcony.
(c) Speak to the people.
(d) Come in and watch the Photographers at work.
13. What will be the symbol of how the Chief's power is greater than anyone else's?
(a) The Chief's voice.
(b) The Chief's tomb.
(c) The Chief's weapon.
(d) The Chief's image.
14. Why are the officials moved around?
(a) To put fear into them.
(b) To protect them.
(c) So the Photographers can get the definitive pictures.
(d) So the rebels can see the crowd.
15. How does the Queen respond when the Envoy says she is just a figurehead?
(a) She does not want to be the Queen any longer.
(b) She wants real power.
(c) She wants to go back to being Irma.
(d) She is tired of the power she has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Armand rush in and ask?
2. What does the Committee instruct the rebels to do regarding Chantal?
3. From where has news come?
4. Who appears and shouts?
5. What does the Envoy hint to Irma?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)