|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Chief sure the officials will continue to play their roles?
(a) They look the money that comes with power.
(b) The other officials are not returning.
(c) They want to keep the power they have.
(d) The country needs them.
2. To what does Irma agree?
(a) Close her whorehouse.
(b) Become a double-agent.
(c) Allow the Queen to stay at her whorehouse.
(d) Impersonate the Queen.
3. What does Armand rush in and ask?
(a) What will happen to the Queen and others in authority.
(b) Where should he go fight.
(c) What can he do to help.
(d) What will happen to the rebels.
4. What does the Envoy say is the most important message?
(a) The image.
(b) The kindness shown to the people.
(c) The voice.
(d) The laws.
5. Where will all the characters appear?
(a) In the town square.
(b) At the Palace.
(c) At a town hall meeting.
(d) On the balcony.
6. How might the people playing the officials feel on that balcony?
7. Who appears on the balcony?
(a) Chantal and Carmen.
(b) Roger, Mark, Luke, and Louis.
(c) Carmen and the prostitutes.
(d) The General, the Judge, the Bishop, the Chief, and the Queen.
8. What does he shout?
(a) "God Save the Queen!"
(b) "The One and Only Queen!"
(c) "The Royals of Our Country!"
(d) "Here Comes the Queen!"
9. Who does the Queen accuse of engineering Chantal's death?
(a) The Judge.
(b) The General.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The Chief.
10. How does the Envoy introduce himself?
(a) As a man who is deeply in love with the Queen.
(b) As the Queen's personal guard.
(c) As the man in charge of the Queen's life.
(d) As a man who has come to the Balcony to play a role.
11. What does this scene say about power?
(a) All power is different.
(b) Power is desired by everyone.
(c) All power is the same.
(d) Those who are powerful are safe.
12. Why do all the officials appear at once?
(a) To show their power and authority.
(b) The crowd wants to jeer at all of them at once.
(c) They are afraid to go alone.
(d) The Envoy hopes they will all be shot.
13. What will Chantal do once the Palace is captured?
(a) Go out on the balcony and sing to inspire the people.
(b) Become the leader of the rebels.
(c) Play the role of the Queen.
(d) Go back to the whorehouse.
14. Who appears?
15. What do the Bishop and Judge believe they will become?
(a) Tired of their roles as officials.
(b) The people they are pretending to be.
(d) Very popular.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the Envoy convince Irma?
2. What does the Committee instruct the rebels to do regarding Chantal?
3. Why is Chantal put on the balcony?
4. Of what does the Chief remind the officials?
5. The authorities are planning to follow the usual pattern of what?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)