|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Queen accuse of engineering Chantal's death?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Chief.
(c) The General.
(d) The Judge.
2. Who does the Chief say shot Chantal?
(a) The Judge.
(b) The Rebels.
(c) The General.
(d) The Queen.
3. How long will the Chief's position be perilous?
(a) While he is the Chief.
(b) Until someone pretends to be him at the whorehouse.
(c) As long as he is seen in public.
(d) While the rebellion lasts.
4. Why is the Chief sure the officials will continue to play their roles?
(a) The other officials are not returning.
(b) They want to keep the power they have.
(c) They look the money that comes with power.
(d) The country needs them.
5. What does the Chief feel occasionally?
(a) The desire to have more power.
(b) Sadness for the rebels.
(c) Love for Irma and the other prostitutes.
(d) The urge to let go of his real power and live a life of illusion.
6. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
(a) Protect Chantal.
(b) Go to the Palace and fight.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Get Chantal's face on posters and billboards.
7. Who appears?
8. What does the Bishop say has not yet solidified the Chief's power?
(a) His other friends in authority.
(b) Ira's love for him.
(c) Having someone pretend to be him at the whorehouse.
(d) Being on the balcony.
9. Where will all the characters appear?
(a) At the Palace.
(b) In the town square.
(c) On the balcony.
(d) At a town hall meeting.
10. Who else is preparing to play specific roles?
(a) Irma and Carmen.
(b) The General and the Judge.
(c) The Executioner and the Prisoner.
(d) Carmen and the other prostitutes.
11. Around what has the revolution mobilized?
(a) Images of Chantal.
(b) Their success in forcing the Queen into hiding.
(c) Roger as the leader.
(d) The explosion at the Palace.
12. Why do all the officials appear at once?
(a) The Envoy hopes they will all be shot.
(b) To show their power and authority.
(c) They are afraid to go alone.
(d) The crowd wants to jeer at all of them at once.
13. How does the Queen respond when the Envoy says she is just a figurehead?
(a) She is tired of the power she has.
(b) She wants real power.
(c) She does not want to be the Queen any longer.
(d) She wants to go back to being Irma.
14. What does Mark tell Armand to do?
(a) Tell Roger the news.
(b) Protect Chantal.
(c) Run and hide.
(d) Grab a weapon and get out onto the streets and fight.
15. How might the people playing the officials feel on that balcony?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the Queen remind the officials?
2. Why will the Chief and Irma be prevented from being themselves?
3. What is the ultimate end faced by anyone in authority?
4. Who bursts into the room?
5. Why does Georgette leave?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)