|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis say Roger is imagining?
(a) His life without the rebel cause.
(b) His role in the rebellion.
(c) Life when the rebellion is over.
(d) An ideal revolution carried out reasonably and efficiently.
2. What does Mark tell Roger to do?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Go to the Palace and fight.
(c) Protect Chantal.
(d) Get Chantal's face on posters and billboards.
3. What do the Queen and the General do?
(a) They tell Carmen to help.
(b) They call for Roger.
(c) They carry Chantal off.
(d) They push her over the edge.
4. What do the officials assume?
(a) They are about to die.
(b) Their roles as the authorities.
(c) They will become celebrities.
(d) What they think are the appropriate poses.
5. What is the role of the Beggar?
(a) To show the poverty of the people.
(b) To show that some of those in the crowd still revere the Queen.
(c) To show his hatred toward the Queen.
(d) To kill the Queen.
6. What does the Chief say about the three officials?
(a) They should remain as the officials.
(b) They are his best friends.
(c) They seem relieved at not having to live their roles anymore.
(d) They did a superb job acting as officials.
7. Who appears on the balcony?
(a) The General, the Judge, the Bishop, the Chief, and the Queen.
(b) Chantal and Carmen.
(c) Carmen and the prostitutes.
(d) Roger, Mark, Luke, and Louis.
8. Where is the Envoy headed?
(a) To spy on the rebels.
(b) To fight the rebels.
(c) To investigate the cause of the explosion.
(d) To attend the Queen.
9. Where has the Queen's staff managed to get to?
(a) The Grand Balcony.
(b) On to a train.
(c) Into a boat to escape.
10. What has happened to Irma's room?
(a) It is covered in soot.
(b) It is flooded.
(c) It is on fire.
(d) It is ruined by explosions.
11. What does he shout?
(a) "The One and Only Queen!"
(b) "Here Comes the Queen!"
(c) "The Royals of Our Country!"
(d) "God Save the Queen!"
12. Why do all the officials appear at once?
(a) To show their power and authority.
(b) The crowd wants to jeer at all of them at once.
(c) They are afraid to go alone.
(d) The Envoy hopes they will all be shot.
13. What does the Chief feel occasionally?
(a) Love for Irma and the other prostitutes.
(b) Sadness for the rebels.
(c) The urge to let go of his real power and live a life of illusion.
(d) The desire to have more power.
14. What has the rebellion entered?
(a) Its final stages.
(b) Into new leadership.
(c) The castle.
(d) New territory.
15. From where has news come?
(a) The Central Committee.
(b) From the rebel soldiers.
(c) From the Queen.
(d) From the Queen's Envoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bishop say has not yet solidified the Chief's power?
2. How long will the Chief's position be perilous?
3. How might the people playing the officials feel on that balcony?
4. How has the whorehouse taught her well?
5. How must Roger feel with Chantal's fate?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)