|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around what has the revolution mobilized?
(a) Their success in forcing the Queen into hiding.
(b) The explosion at the Palace.
(c) Roger as the leader.
(d) Images of Chantal.
2. Why will the Chief and Irma be prevented from being themselves?
(a) It will be too painful to be themselves.
(b) They will be in hiding from the rebels.
(c) They are working as double-agents.
(d) Due to the roles they will be playing.
3. What does the Envoy assure the Chief?
(a) His job is done.
(b) The rebellion will be destroyed.
(c) He is safe.
(d) The Queen is safe.
4. What does Chantal say she will be doing when she sings for the crowd?
(a) Saying "I love you" to Roger.
(b) Inspiring them.
(c) Encouraging a sense of peace and calm.
(d) Leading the rebels.
5. Who appears and shouts?
(a) The Envoy.
(b) The Chief.
(c) A servant.
(d) A Beggar.
6. What symbolizes the emptiness of power?
(a) The whorehouse.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The Palace.
(d) The country.
7. Who appears?
8. What story does the Envoy tell?
(a) The Queen's feelings on the rebellion.
(b) Where the Queen has been sent during this time of war.
(c) How he became the Queen's Envoy.
(d) A deliberately confusing story about how she is being kept hidden and occupied.
9. What does the Queen do?
(a) She shakes her fist at Chantal.
(b) She shakes her fist at Carmen.
(c) She bows to Carmen.
(d) She bows to Chantal.
10. Where will all the characters appear?
(a) At a town hall meeting.
(b) At the Palace.
(c) In the town square.
(d) On the balcony.
11. Where has the Queen's staff managed to get to?
(a) Into a boat to escape.
(c) The Grand Balcony.
(d) On to a train.
12. What has happened to Irma's room?
(a) It is ruined by explosions.
(b) It is flooded.
(c) It is on fire.
(d) It is covered in soot.
13. Why is the Chief sure the officials will continue to play their roles?
(a) They want to keep the power they have.
(b) The country needs them.
(c) The other officials are not returning.
(d) They look the money that comes with power.
14. What will Chantal do once the Palace is captured?
(a) Play the role of the Queen.
(b) Become the leader of the rebels.
(c) Go out on the balcony and sing to inspire the people.
(d) Go back to the whorehouse.
15. How has the whorehouse taught her well?
(a) To say one thing and feel another.
(b) To please others.
(c) To be fearless.
(d) To care about others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the Beggar?
2. Who does the Queen accuse of engineering Chantal's death?
3. What is the ultimate end faced by anyone in authority?
4. What has the rebellion entered?
5. What does the Committee instruct the rebels to do regarding Chantal?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)