|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief say are all failures?
(a) The Envoy's ideas for improving his image.
(b) Everything he tries to do to end the rebellion.
(c) The rebels.
(d) His friends.
2. What has the rebellion entered?
(a) New territory.
(b) Its final stages.
(c) Into new leadership.
(d) The castle.
3. What does the Envoy do with ribbons?
(a) He puts them in his hair.
(b) He pins them to his chest.
(c) He honors the Chief with the ribbons.
(d) He gives them to the Queen.
4. What is the Queen doing to keep from being captured?
(a) Hiding in the underground rooms of the Palace.
(b) Living in the forest.
(c) Moving from room to room.
(d) Traveling on a train to another country.
5. Where has the Queen's staff managed to get to?
(a) On to a train.
(b) The Grand Balcony.
(c) Into a boat to escape.
6. What will Chantal do once the Palace is captured?
(a) Go back to the whorehouse.
(b) Go out on the balcony and sing to inspire the people.
(c) Become the leader of the rebels.
(d) Play the role of the Queen.
7. What does the Bishop say has not yet solidified the Chief's power?
(a) Being on the balcony.
(b) His other friends in authority.
(c) Ira's love for him.
(d) Having someone pretend to be him at the whorehouse.
8. What does Chantal say she will be doing when she sings for the crowd?
(a) Leading the rebels.
(b) Inspiring them.
(c) Saying "I love you" to Roger.
(d) Encouraging a sense of peace and calm.
9. Why do all the officials appear at once?
(a) The Envoy hopes they will all be shot.
(b) To show their power and authority.
(c) The crowd wants to jeer at all of them at once.
(d) They are afraid to go alone.
10. What must everything be grounded in?
11. Why do the officials say they are consolidating their own power?
(a) So they each have less responsibility.
(b) So that the Chiefs will not overwhelm them.
(c) So they will be more powerful than anyone else.
(d) To show the people that they are one governing body.
12. About what does the Judge worry?
(a) If he looks like the real Judge.
(b) If he was visible behind the Queen.
(c) If he will be shot.
(d) If the crowd likes him.
13. Who appears on the balcony?
(a) Chantal and Carmen.
(b) Roger, Mark, Luke, and Louis.
(c) The General, the Judge, the Bishop, the Chief, and the Queen.
(d) Carmen and the prostitutes.
14. The authorities are planning to follow the usual pattern of what?
(a) Attack and run.
(b) Using the rebellion to enhance their own power.
(c) Using double-agents.
(d) Spying on the rebels.
15. What does the Queen do?
(a) She shakes her fist at Carmen.
(b) She bows to Chantal.
(c) She bows to Carmen.
(d) She shakes her fist at Chantal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears?
2. What has happened to Irma's room?
3. From where has news come?
4. How has the whorehouse taught her well?
5. What does Mark tell Armand to do?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)