|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only things that are real to Irma?
(a) Her lovers.
(b) Her money and multiple bank accounts.
(c) Her daughters.
(d) Her jewels.
2. What does Irma notice about one of her prostitutes on the monitor?
(a) She is screaming.
(b) She is getting too friendly with the visitor.
(c) She is leaving the room early.
(d) She is beating her visitor.
3. Why is the Chief of Police disappointed?
(a) No one wants to pretend to be him.
(b) No one is doing a scenario today.
(c) There are no more costumes left for him to borrow.
(d) His power is waning.
4. What is Arthur to pose as in a session that night?
(a) A General.
(b) A Judge.
(c) A corpse.
(d) A Bishop.
5. What will the rebels be occupying that evening?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The Bastille.
(c) The power station.
(d) The woods outside of town.
6. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
(a) His gaudy makeup.
(b) His large coat and hat.
(c) His fake voice.
(d) His fake title.
7. Who has just arrived at the end of the scene?
(a) The Queen's Envoy.
(d) The rebels.
8. What is Chantal doing at the beginning of this scene?
(c) Arguing with Roger.
(d) Bandaging a Wounded Rebel.
9. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Why is has not joined the rebellion.
(b) The risks he took to get there and the dangers caused by the revolution.
(c) If he will be moving back into the whorehouse.
(d) Whether or not he still loves her.
10. What does Irma ask Carmen?
(a) What she knows about Chantal.
(b) How much longer she will be working at The Balcony.
(c) If she loves her.
(d) If she will join the rebels.
11. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
(a) Spying on the rebels.
(b) Playing the role of saints.
(c) Finding joy and pride in her work.
(d) Thinking about her daughter.
12. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
(b) A kind of tenderness.
13. What does she ask Carmen about the other girls?
(a) Which ones also like playing the role of saints.
(b) Which ones will be leaving.
(c) Which ones earn the most money.
(d) Which ones are double-crossers.
14. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
(a) Her name.
(b) Where she is from.
(c) If she wants to leave.
(d) If she is new.
15. What does Georgette say to Chantal about her bandaging abilities?
(a) She just needs to keep practicing.
(b) She has improved greatly since she arrived.
(c) Being too rough is as false to the job as thinking about it too much.
(d) She is very good and gentle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
2. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
3. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
4. What does the Chief of Police vow?
5. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)