|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irma say will happen to her if the rebels succeed?
(a) She will be very successful.
(b) She will go out of business.
(c) She will open another house.
(d) She will have to change some of her business practices.
2. What does Arthur's conversation with Irma reveal?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are husband and wife.
(d) They are part of the rebellion.
3. What does Irma ask Carmen?
(a) How much longer she will be working at The Balcony.
(b) If she loves her.
(c) If she will join the rebels.
(d) What she knows about Chantal.
4. What does Chantal want to do?
(a) Be a nurse.
(b) Be a mother.
(d) Be Roger's wife.
5. What advice does Georgette give to the Wounded Rebel?
(a) To write a letter to his mother.
(b) How to be a better soldier.
(c) To run away from the rebellion.
(d) How to avoid getting shot.
6. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
(a) She is missing her mother.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is happy with her new family.
(d) She is crying.
7. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
(a) Hopeful innocence.
8. Why is the Chief of Police disappointed?
(a) No one is doing a scenario today.
(b) His power is waning.
(c) No one wants to pretend to be him.
(d) There are no more costumes left for him to borrow.
9. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
(d) A kind of tenderness.
10. To whom does the Judge compare himself?
(a) The King of Hell.
(c) The real judge.
11. What is the Bishop wearing?
(a) Robes with exaggerated shoulders and garish makeup.
(b) Sequins and beads.
(c) A black suit and white priest's collar.
(d) A simple robe.
12. What does Chantal say she has to offer?
(a) Her desire for the rebels to win.
(b) Her voice and kindness.
(c) Her abilities as a nurse and mother.
(d) Her generosity and kindness.
13. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
(a) Why she is not out inspiring the men with her voice.
(b) Why she decided to join the rebel cause.
(c) Why she is dating Roger and not him.
(d) Why she is not the one bandaging him.
14. What is Carmen doing?
(a) Writing a letter to her daughter.
(b) Counting the income from the evening's activities.
15. What does Roger say people need to start doing?
(a) Taking the rebellion seriously.
(b) Recuperating from the war.
(c) Being more careful.
(d) Cleaning up from the rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irma refuse to tell Arthur?
2. What does she ask Carmen about the other girls?
3. What does Irma say happens in every revolution?
4. What kind of mission is Arthur about to go on?
5. What is Chantal doing at the beginning of this scene?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)