|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
(a) Finding joy and pride in her work.
(b) Playing the role of saints.
(c) Thinking about her daughter.
(d) Spying on the rebels.
2. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
(a) With all the violence going on.
(b) There has been an earthquake.
(c) It is a dark, stormy night.
(d) They neighborhood is filled with gangs.
3. Where has Chantal learned her technique?
(a) With a professional voice coach.
(b) At a university.
(c) In a whorehouse.
(d) From her mother.
4. Why are these experiences important?
(a) They remain pure.
(b) They are exciting.
(c) They provide a release for visitors.
(d) They earn money for Irma.
5. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Three thousand.
6. How does the Chief of Police change the subject?
(a) He contemplates what scenario he will have.
(b) He talks about how disturbing it is the have the Queen in hiding.
(c) He asks Irma if she will get rid of Arthur.
(d) He asks for details about what scenarios have gone on in the whorehouse.
7. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
(a) When Chantal sings.
(b) When the man who wanted to see the Virgin looked at her.
(c) When she sees a sunset.
(d) When she saw her daughter for the first time.
8. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
(c) A Girl in a black corset.
9. What is Irma concerned about regarding the rebels?
(a) They will not succeed.
(b) They are taking the game too seriously.
(c) They will kill the Queen.
(d) They will kill Chantal.
10. What does Irma say happens in every revolution?
(a) The innocent die.
(b) An ex-prostitutes is held up as a symbol of freedom.
(c) The rebels win.
(d) The leader of the country dies.
11. What is the rebels' control committee discussing?
(a) Where to hit the enemy next.
(b) The formation of a provisional government.
(c) What to do with all of the POWs.
(d) How to oust the Queen from her throne.
12. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
13. What does Georgette say to Chantal about her bandaging abilities?
(a) She just needs to keep practicing.
(b) She has improved greatly since she arrived.
(c) Being too rough is as false to the job as thinking about it too much.
(d) She is very good and gentle.
14. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are real.
(b) They are minor.
(c) They are in abundance.
(d) They are not real.
15. What has Roger convinced Chantal to do?
(a) Leave the rebel movement.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Join the rebel movement.
(d) Go back to prostituting herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irma ask Carmen?
2. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
3. What does she ask Carmen about the other girls?
4. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
5. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)