|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the men's argument?
2. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Saying a homily.
(b) Declaiming his philosophy of faith.
(c) Praying for the needy.
(d) Quoting scripture.
3. Why does Irma have trouble replacing prostitutes?
(a) When they do not get paid on time.
(b) The girls do not like Irma.
(c) When what they are asked to do becomes too real.
(d) The girls do not want to role play.
4. What are the only things that are real to Irma?
(a) Her daughters.
(b) Her money and multiple bank accounts.
(c) Her jewels.
(d) Her lovers.
5. How does the Chief of Police change the subject?
(a) He contemplates what scenario he will have.
(b) He asks for details about what scenarios have gone on in the whorehouse.
(c) He asks Irma if she will get rid of Arthur.
(d) He talks about how disturbing it is the have the Queen in hiding.
6. What do both Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
(a) It is a game.
(b) It is weakening.
(c) It is going to destroy the Queen's authority.
(d) It is evil.
7. Over what do Roger, Armand, and Luke argue?
(a) The philosophy behind the revolution.
(b) Where they will attack the enemy next.
(c) Who will win the war.
(d) Who will date Chantal.
8. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
(a) His gaudy makeup.
(b) His large coat and hat.
(c) His fake title.
(d) His fake voice.
9. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(b) Arthur insists on being there.
(c) Irma loves Arthur.
(d) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
10. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
(a) Because of Arthur.
(b) Because of the Judge.
(c) Because of the Chief of Police.
(d) Because of the General.
11. What has Roger convinced Chantal to do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Leave the rebel movement.
(c) Go back to prostituting herself.
(d) Join the rebel movement.
12. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
(b) His reflection in the mirror.
13. What does Roger say people need to start doing?
(a) Taking the rebellion seriously.
(b) Cleaning up from the rebellion.
(c) Being more careful.
(d) Recuperating from the war.
14. What does Irma say will happen to her if the rebels succeed?
(a) She will open another house.
(b) She will be very successful.
(c) She will go out of business.
(d) She will have to change some of her business practices.
15. What advice does Georgette give to the Wounded Rebel?
(a) How to be a better soldier.
(b) To write a letter to his mother.
(c) To run away from the rebellion.
(d) How to avoid getting shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Irma felt waiting for the Chief of Police?
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
3. What does Carmen say it will not take the rebels long to discover?
4. What does the Chief of Police vow?
5. What does the Chief demand from Irma?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)