|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
(a) Because of Arthur.
(b) Because of the Judge.
(c) Because of the Chief of Police.
(d) Because of the General.
2. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
(a) She is crying.
(b) She is missing her mother.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is happy with her new family.
3. How is Arthur killed?
(a) A bullet comes through the window.
(b) Arthur falls down a flight of stairs.
(c) The prostitutes gang up on him.
(d) The Chief kills him.
4. What is Chantal doing at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Arguing with Roger.
(d) Bandaging a Wounded Rebel.
5. What does Georgette say to Chantal about her bandaging abilities?
(a) She is very good and gentle.
(b) She just needs to keep practicing.
(c) Being too rough is as false to the job as thinking about it too much.
(d) She has improved greatly since she arrived.
6. What do both Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
(a) It is going to destroy the Queen's authority.
(b) It is weakening.
(c) It is evil.
(d) It is a game.
7. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
(a) If she wants to leave.
(b) Where she is from.
(c) If she is new.
(d) Her name.
8. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
(a) When Chantal sings.
(b) When she sees a sunset.
(c) When she saw her daughter for the first time.
(d) When the man who wanted to see the Virgin looked at her.
9. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are not real.
(b) They are in abundance.
(c) They are minor.
(d) They are real.
10. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
(a) Irma does not like working at the whore house.
(b) Irma is in love with Arthur.
(c) Irma insists on referring to the clients as visitors.
(d) Carmen is no longer employed by Irma.
11. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
(d) A Girl in a black corset.
12. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
(a) She might scare away visitors.
(b) She might end up like Chantal.
(c) She might injure a visitor.
(d) She is having a nervous breakdown.
13. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
(b) Hopeful innocence.
14. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
(a) Shout his name.
(c) Confess her sins.
(d) Cook for him.
15. What does Chantal say she is not cut out to be?
(a) Either a nurse or a rebel.
(b) Either a mother or a nurse.
(c) Either a singer or a prostitute.
(d) Either Roger or Luke's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irma put on to see the Chief of Police?
2. What kind of mission is Arthur about to go on?
3. How is Irma a thoughtful person, according to Carmen?
4. Why do none of the girls think of Carmen as their real friend?
5. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)