|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
(a) Speak to other whorehouses.
(b) Watch and hear everything that goes on in each of the rooms in the house.
(c) Watch for intruders outside the house.
(d) Speak to the guests in each room.
2. What does Irma say happens in every revolution?
(a) An ex-prostitutes is held up as a symbol of freedom.
(b) The rebels win.
(c) The innocent die.
(d) The leader of the country dies.
3. What does Chantal say she has to offer?
(a) Her abilities as a nurse and mother.
(b) Her generosity and kindness.
(c) Her desire for the rebels to win.
(d) Her voice and kindness.
4. What does Luke say his group of rebels needs?
(a) The committee to speak with them.
(b) Something to spur them back into action.
(c) More rations.
5. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
(d) A Girl in a black corset.
6. Why does Georgette take over from Chantal?
(a) Chantal needs to leave Roger alone.
(b) Chantal is too upset.
(c) Chantal's voice is becoming shaky.
(d) Chantal is thinking too much about what she is doing.
7. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
(a) Why she decided to join the rebel cause.
(b) Why she is dating Roger and not him.
(c) Why she is not the one bandaging him.
(d) Why she is not out inspiring the men with her voice.
8. What does Irma notice about one of her prostitutes on the monitor?
(a) She is beating her visitor.
(b) She is screaming.
(c) She is getting too friendly with the visitor.
(d) She is leaving the room early.
9. What will the rebels be occupying that evening?
(a) The woods outside of town.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The Bastille.
(d) The power station.
10. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
(a) She is innocent.
(b) She is a thief.
(c) She is not a Prisoner.
(d) She is an actress.
11. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
(b) His reflection in the mirror.
12. Who interrupts the men's argument?
13. Over what do Roger, Armand, and Luke argue?
(a) Where they will attack the enemy next.
(b) Who will date Chantal.
(c) Who will win the war.
(d) The philosophy behind the revolution.
14. What does Chantal want to do?
(a) Be Roger's wife.
(b) Be a nurse.
(c) Be a mother.
15. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
(a) That he have a new prosititute.
(b) That he be left in peace.
(c) That he have a new uniform.
(d) That he have a refund.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
2. What does Georgette say to Chantal about her bandaging abilities?
3. What does Irma refuse to tell Arthur?
4. What does the Chief of Police vow?
5. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)