|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief say he will do when the rebellion is over?
(a) He will shut down the whorehouse.
(b) He will marry Irma.
(c) He will take Irma away with him.
(d) He will move back into the whorehouse.
2. What does Irma put on to see the Chief of Police?
(a) A ring he had given her.
(b) A sweater.
(c) A robe.
(d) A sexy negligee.
3. What advice does Georgette give to the Wounded Rebel?
(a) To run away from the rebellion.
(b) To write a letter to his mother.
(c) How to be a better soldier.
(d) How to avoid getting shot.
4. Who is on his hands and knees in front of the Prisoner?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The General.
(c) A Judge.
(d) The Executioner.
5. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) The risks he took to get there and the dangers caused by the revolution.
(b) Why is has not joined the rebellion.
(c) If he will be moving back into the whorehouse.
(d) Whether or not he still loves her.
6. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Theresa.
(b) Saint Joan of Arc.
(c) Saint Elizabeth.
(d) Saint Ann.
7. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
(c) Hopeful innocence.
8. What does Irma ask Carmen?
(a) If she loves her.
(b) What she knows about Chantal.
(c) How much longer she will be working at The Balcony.
(d) If she will join the rebels.
9. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
(a) Because of the Judge.
(b) Because of Arthur.
(c) Because of the General.
(d) Because of the Chief of Police.
10. What do both Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
(a) It is evil.
(b) It is weakening.
(c) It is going to destroy the Queen's authority.
(d) It is a game.
11. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
(a) That he have a refund.
(b) That he have a new prosititute.
(c) That he be left in peace.
(d) That he have a new uniform.
12. How has Irma felt waiting for the Chief of Police?
13. What are the only things that are real to Irma?
(a) Her lovers.
(b) Her jewels.
(c) Her money and multiple bank accounts.
(d) Her daughters.
14. Who interrupts the men's argument?
15. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
(a) Why she decided to join the rebel cause.
(b) Why she is not out inspiring the men with her voice.
(c) Why she is dating Roger and not him.
(d) Why she is not the one bandaging him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to the rebellion, according to Irma?
2. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
3. What has Roger convinced Chantal to do?
4. How is Irma a thoughtful person, according to Carmen?
5. What does Roger say people need to start doing?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)