|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
(d) A Girl in a black corset.
2. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
(a) Speak to the guests in each room.
(b) Watch and hear everything that goes on in each of the rooms in the house.
(c) Watch for intruders outside the house.
(d) Speak to other whorehouses.
3. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
(a) When Chantal sings.
(b) When she saw her daughter for the first time.
(c) When the man who wanted to see the Virgin looked at her.
(d) When she sees a sunset.
4. What does the Chief say he will do when the rebellion is over?
(a) He will take Irma away with him.
(b) He will shut down the whorehouse.
(c) He will marry Irma.
(d) He will move back into the whorehouse.
5. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are real.
(b) They are not real.
(c) They are in abundance.
(d) They are minor.
6. What does Arthur's conversation with Irma reveal?
(a) They are part of the rebellion.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are husband and wife.
(d) They are siblings.
7. To whom does the Judge compare himself?
(a) The King of Hell.
(b) The real judge.
8. Who interrupts the men's argument?
9. What does Luke say his group of rebels needs?
(a) The committee to speak with them.
(b) More rations.
(d) Something to spur them back into action.
10. Why does Irma have trouble replacing prostitutes?
(a) When what they are asked to do becomes too real.
(b) The girls do not like Irma.
(c) When they do not get paid on time.
(d) The girls do not want to role play.
11. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
(a) Because of Arthur.
(b) Because of the General.
(c) Because of the Judge.
(d) Because of the Chief of Police.
12. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She needs the room for someone else.
(c) She wants to be with him.
(d) She wants more money from him.
13. What will the rebels be occupying that evening?
(a) The power station.
(b) The Bastille.
(c) The town hall.
(d) The woods outside of town.
14. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
(a) She is having a nervous breakdown.
(b) She might injure a visitor.
(c) She might scare away visitors.
(d) She might end up like Chantal.
15. What does the Chief demand from Irma?
(a) The receipts for the evening's business.
(b) An apology.
(c) A free scenario.
(d) Complete control of the whorehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Bishop wearing?
2. Why is the Chief of Police disappointed?
3. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
4. How is Arthur killed?
5. What does Irma refuse to tell Arthur?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)