|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
(a) She is not a Prisoner.
(b) She is innocent.
(c) She is an actress.
(d) She is a thief.
2. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
(b) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(c) Irma loves Arthur.
(d) Arthur insists on being there.
3. What will the rebels be occupying that evening?
(a) The power station.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The woods outside of town.
(d) The Bastille.
4. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
(a) Confess her sins.
(c) Shout his name.
(d) Cook for him.
5. What is Carmen doing?
(b) Writing a letter to her daughter.
(d) Counting the income from the evening's activities.
6. What will happen to the rebellion, according to Irma?
(a) It will be crushed.
(b) It will go down in history as the most powerful rebellion.
(c) It will succeed.
(d) It will become stronger.
7. Why is Carmen thoughtful and sad?
(a) She is in love with Arthur.
(b) She is thinking about her daughter.
(c) She is in love with one of her visitors.
(d) She is worried about the rebels.
8. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
9. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
(a) Because of the Chief of Police.
(b) Because of Arthur.
(c) Because of the General.
(d) Because of the Judge.
10. What happens when Irma leaves the Bishop?
(a) He confesses his own sins.
(b) He loses complete control.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He prays.
11. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
(d) She feels spiritual pleasure.
12. What does Chantal say she has to offer?
(a) Her desire for the rebels to win.
(b) Her voice and kindness.
(c) Her generosity and kindness.
(d) Her abilities as a nurse and mother.
13. What does the Chief demand from Irma?
(a) The receipts for the evening's business.
(b) Complete control of the whorehouse.
(c) An apology.
(d) A free scenario.
14. What role does the Girl play with the General?
(a) She is a rifle.
(b) She is a military cadet.
(c) She is his horse.
(d) She is his slave.
15. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) One thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
2. What is Irma's reasoning for why the Chief has forgotten her and her needs?
3. Where has Chantal learned her technique?
4. Who interrupts the men's argument?
5. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)