|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irma refuse to tell Arthur?
(a) Where this fantasy will take place.
(b) How much he will be paid.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) Who his visitor is.
2. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(b) Irma loves Arthur.
(c) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
(d) Arthur insists on being there.
3. What does the Chief say he will do when the rebellion is over?
(a) He will move back into the whorehouse.
(b) He will take Irma away with him.
(c) He will shut down the whorehouse.
(d) He will marry Irma.
4. What is Irma's reasoning for why the Chief has forgotten her and her needs?
(a) He is so obsessed with building and keeping power.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) He is jealous of Arthur.
(d) He is a very busy man.
5. What do both Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
(a) It is going to destroy the Queen's authority.
(b) It is a game.
(c) It is evil.
(d) It is weakening.
6. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) One thousand.
7. What does Chantal want to do?
(a) Be Roger's wife.
(b) Be a mother.
(c) Be a nurse.
8. What does the Chief demand from Irma?
(a) A free scenario.
(b) The receipts for the evening's business.
(c) Complete control of the whorehouse.
(d) An apology.
9. What does Irma ask Carmen?
(a) If she loves her.
(b) How much longer she will be working at The Balcony.
(c) What she knows about Chantal.
(d) If she will join the rebels.
10. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
(a) Chantal leaving.
(b) Dressing up as the Virgin Mary.
(c) The rebellion.
(d) Living in Irma's world of illusion.
11. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
(a) Speak to other whorehouses.
(b) Speak to the guests in each room.
(c) Watch and hear everything that goes on in each of the rooms in the house.
(d) Watch for intruders outside the house.
12. What does Chantal say she is not cut out to be?
(a) Either a mother or a nurse.
(b) Either a nurse or a rebel.
(c) Either Roger or Luke's girlfriend.
(d) Either a singer or a prostitute.
13. What is Carmen doing?
(a) Writing a letter to her daughter.
(c) Counting the income from the evening's activities.
14. What advice does Georgette give to the Wounded Rebel?
(a) How to avoid getting shot.
(b) To run away from the rebellion.
(c) How to be a better soldier.
(d) To write a letter to his mother.
15. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) She is innocent.
(c) She is not a Prisoner.
(d) She is a thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
2. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
3. To whom does the Judge compare himself?
4. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
5. Why does Irma have trouble replacing prostitutes?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)