|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
(c) A Girl in a black corset.
2. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
(a) Why she is not out inspiring the men with her voice.
(b) Why she is dating Roger and not him.
(c) Why she decided to join the rebel cause.
(d) Why she is not the one bandaging him.
3. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
(a) There has been an earthquake.
(b) They neighborhood is filled with gangs.
(c) It is a dark, stormy night.
(d) With all the violence going on.
4. How is Arthur killed?
(a) Arthur falls down a flight of stairs.
(b) A bullet comes through the window.
(c) The Chief kills him.
(d) The prostitutes gang up on him.
5. What do both Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
(a) It is going to destroy the Queen's authority.
(b) It is weakening.
(c) It is evil.
(d) It is a game.
6. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
(a) Watch and hear everything that goes on in each of the rooms in the house.
(b) Speak to the guests in each room.
(c) Speak to other whorehouses.
(d) Watch for intruders outside the house.
7. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
(b) Confess her sins.
(c) Cook for him.
(d) Shout his name.
8. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
(c) His reflection in the mirror.
9. What does Irma notice about one of her prostitutes on the monitor?
(a) She is leaving the room early.
(b) She is beating her visitor.
(c) She is getting too friendly with the visitor.
(d) She is screaming.
10. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) Irma loves Arthur.
(b) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(c) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
(d) Arthur insists on being there.
11. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Joan of Arc.
(b) Saint Ann.
(c) Saint Elizabeth.
(d) Saint Theresa.
12. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
(a) Playing the role of saints.
(b) Spying on the rebels.
(c) Thinking about her daughter.
(d) Finding joy and pride in her work.
13. What does Chantal say she is not cut out to be?
(a) Either a nurse or a rebel.
(b) Either a singer or a prostitute.
(c) Either Roger or Luke's girlfriend.
(d) Either a mother or a nurse.
14. What advice does Georgette give to the Wounded Rebel?
(a) How to avoid getting shot.
(b) To write a letter to his mother.
(c) How to be a better soldier.
(d) To run away from the rebellion.
15. What happens when Irma leaves the Bishop?
(a) He loses complete control.
(b) He prays.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He confesses his own sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carmen doing?
2. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
3. Why are these experiences important?
4. What does the Chief of Police vow?
5. What role does the Girl play with the General?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)