|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she ask Carmen about the other girls?
(a) Which ones are double-crossers.
(b) Which ones earn the most money.
(c) Which ones also like playing the role of saints.
(d) Which ones will be leaving.
2. Where has Chantal learned her technique?
(a) With a professional voice coach.
(b) At a university.
(c) In a whorehouse.
(d) From her mother.
3. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Theresa.
(b) Saint Ann.
(c) Saint Joan of Arc.
(d) Saint Elizabeth.
4. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
(b) His reflection in the mirror.
5. What will the rebels be occupying that evening?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The woods outside of town.
(c) The Bastille.
(d) The power station.
6. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
(a) When the man who wanted to see the Virgin looked at her.
(b) When she saw her daughter for the first time.
(c) When Chantal sings.
(d) When she sees a sunset.
7. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
(b) A kind of tenderness.
8. What is Irma's reasoning for why the Chief has forgotten her and her needs?
(a) He is a very busy man.
(b) He is jealous of Arthur.
(c) He is so obsessed with building and keeping power.
(d) He no longer loves her.
9. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
(b) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(c) Irma loves Arthur.
(d) Arthur insists on being there.
10. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Three hundred.
11. What is Carmen doing?
(b) Writing a letter to her daughter.
(d) Counting the income from the evening's activities.
12. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
(a) She is crying.
(b) She is missing her mother.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is happy with her new family.
13. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
14. Why is the Chief of Police disappointed?
(a) There are no more costumes left for him to borrow.
(b) His power is waning.
(c) No one is doing a scenario today.
(d) No one wants to pretend to be him.
15. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
(a) Confess her sins.
(c) Shout his name.
(d) Cook for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Georgette give to the Wounded Rebel?
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
3. How does Irma speak about her business?
4. What does Irma say keeps happening, despite the revolution?
5. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)