|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
(a) If she wants to leave.
(b) If she is new.
(c) Her name.
(d) Where she is from.
2. What will happen to the rebellion, according to Irma?
(a) It will become stronger.
(b) It will succeed.
(c) It will be crushed.
(d) It will go down in history as the most powerful rebellion.
3. What does Chantal want to do?
(a) Be a mother.
(c) Be Roger's wife.
(d) Be a nurse.
4. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
(a) Irma insists on referring to the clients as visitors.
(b) Irma is in love with Arthur.
(c) Carmen is no longer employed by Irma.
(d) Irma does not like working at the whore house.
5. What are the only things that are real to Irma?
(a) Her lovers.
(b) Her daughters.
(c) Her money and multiple bank accounts.
(d) Her jewels.
6. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
(a) Speak to other whorehouses.
(b) Watch and hear everything that goes on in each of the rooms in the house.
(c) Speak to the guests in each room.
(d) Watch for intruders outside the house.
7. What does the Chief say he will do when the rebellion is over?
(a) He will take Irma away with him.
(b) He will marry Irma.
(c) He will shut down the whorehouse.
(d) He will move back into the whorehouse.
8. Why does Georgette take over from Chantal?
(a) Chantal's voice is becoming shaky.
(b) Chantal is too upset.
(c) Chantal is thinking too much about what she is doing.
(d) Chantal needs to leave Roger alone.
9. What does Roger say people need to start doing?
(a) Cleaning up from the rebellion.
(b) Being more careful.
(c) Recuperating from the war.
(d) Taking the rebellion seriously.
10. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) One thousand.
11. How is Arthur killed?
(a) The prostitutes gang up on him.
(b) Arthur falls down a flight of stairs.
(c) A bullet comes through the window.
(d) The Chief kills him.
12. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(b) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
(c) Irma loves Arthur.
(d) Arthur insists on being there.
13. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are not real.
(b) They are real.
(c) They are in abundance.
(d) They are minor.
14. What does the Chief of Police vow?
(a) One day someone will pretend to be him.
(b) To be the ruler of the new country.
(c) To save the Queen.
(d) To join the rebellion.
15. Why do none of the girls think of Carmen as their real friend?
(a) She is very cold and unfriendly.
(b) She takes their money.
(c) They know that she tells Irma everything, Irma tells the Chief of Police.
(d) She is cruel to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chief demand from Irma?
2. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
3. Why is Carmen thoughtful and sad?
4. Why is the Chief of Police disappointed?
5. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)