|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chantal say she has to offer?
(a) Her generosity and kindness.
(b) Her abilities as a nurse and mother.
(c) Her voice and kindness.
(d) Her desire for the rebels to win.
2. What has happened to the Queen?
(a) She has joined the rebels.
(b) She has been kidnapped.
(c) She hase been killed.
(d) She is in hiding.
3. Why are these experiences important?
(a) They provide a release for visitors.
(b) They are exciting.
(c) They remain pure.
(d) They earn money for Irma.
4. What is Irma's reasoning for why the Chief has forgotten her and her needs?
(a) He is jealous of Arthur.
(b) He is a very busy man.
(c) He no longer loves her.
(d) He is so obsessed with building and keeping power.
5. What does Irma say will happen to her if the rebels succeed?
(a) She will be very successful.
(b) She will open another house.
(c) She will go out of business.
(d) She will have to change some of her business practices.
6. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
(a) She is innocent.
(b) She is not a Prisoner.
(c) She is a thief.
(d) She is an actress.
7. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
(a) Irma does not like working at the whore house.
(b) Irma insists on referring to the clients as visitors.
(c) Irma is in love with Arthur.
(d) Carmen is no longer employed by Irma.
8. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) Irma loves Arthur.
(b) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
(c) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(d) Arthur insists on being there.
9. How has Irma felt waiting for the Chief of Police?
10. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
(a) A mediocre reputation.
(b) A worldwide reputation of excellence.
(c) A local reputation for providing for fantasies.
(d) A poor reputation.
11. What does the Chief say he will do when the rebellion is over?
(a) He will move back into the whorehouse.
(b) He will shut down the whorehouse.
(c) He will marry Irma.
(d) He will take Irma away with him.
12. How does Irma ring the doorbell?
(a) She pays a neighbor to ring the doorbell.
(b) She has a servant go outside and ring the doorbell.
(c) She uses her monitor.
(d) A visitor rings the doorbell.
13. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are real.
(b) They are minor.
(c) They are not real.
(d) They are in abundance.
14. What does Arthur's conversation with Irma reveal?
(a) They are part of the rebellion.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are husband and wife.
(d) They are lovers.
15. Why does Irma have trouble replacing prostitutes?
(a) The girls do not like Irma.
(b) When what they are asked to do becomes too real.
(c) The girls do not want to role play.
(d) When they do not get paid on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgette say to Chantal about her bandaging abilities?
2. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
3. What will happen to the rebellion, according to Irma?
4. What does Irma say happens in every revolution?
5. Why is the Chief of Police disappointed?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)