|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
(a) Because of the Judge.
(b) Because of Arthur.
(c) Because of the General.
(d) Because of the Chief of Police.
2. Why does Irma have trouble replacing prostitutes?
(a) The girls do not like Irma.
(b) When they do not get paid on time.
(c) When what they are asked to do becomes too real.
(d) The girls do not want to role play.
3. Why does Georgette take over from Chantal?
(a) Chantal is thinking too much about what she is doing.
(b) Chantal is too upset.
(c) Chantal needs to leave Roger alone.
(d) Chantal's voice is becoming shaky.
4. What does Irma say happens in every revolution?
(a) The leader of the country dies.
(b) The innocent die.
(c) The rebels win.
(d) An ex-prostitutes is held up as a symbol of freedom.
5. What is Arthur to pose as in a session that night?
(a) A Judge.
(b) A Bishop.
(c) A General.
(d) A corpse.
6. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
(a) Living in Irma's world of illusion.
(b) Dressing up as the Virgin Mary.
(c) Chantal leaving.
(d) The rebellion.
7. Who interrupts the men's argument?
8. How has Irma felt waiting for the Chief of Police?
9. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
(a) When she saw her daughter for the first time.
(b) When the man who wanted to see the Virgin looked at her.
(c) When Chantal sings.
(d) When she sees a sunset.
10. What does the Chief of Police vow?
(a) To be the ruler of the new country.
(b) One day someone will pretend to be him.
(c) To save the Queen.
(d) To join the rebellion.
11. Why do none of the girls think of Carmen as their real friend?
(a) She is very cold and unfriendly.
(b) She takes their money.
(c) They know that she tells Irma everything, Irma tells the Chief of Police.
(d) She is cruel to them.
12. What does Chantal say she has to offer?
(a) Her desire for the rebels to win.
(b) Her abilities as a nurse and mother.
(c) Her voice and kindness.
(d) Her generosity and kindness.
13. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
14. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) If he will be moving back into the whorehouse.
(b) Why is has not joined the rebellion.
(c) Whether or not he still loves her.
(d) The risks he took to get there and the dangers caused by the revolution.
15. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) One thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the second Wounded Soldier complain?
2. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
3. Why is Carmen thoughtful and sad?
4. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
5. What does Luke say his group of rebels needs?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)