|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is no different than being a prostitute?
(a) Being a singer.
(b) Being a rebel.
(c) Being a nurse.
(d) Being a wife.
2. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
(a) His gaudy makeup.
(b) His fake title.
(c) His large coat and hat.
(d) His fake voice.
3. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
(a) Hopeful innocence.
4. Who interrupts the men's argument?
5. Who is on his hands and knees in front of the Prisoner?
(a) The Executioner.
(b) A Judge.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The General.
6. What role does the Girl play with the General?
(a) She is a rifle.
(b) She is a military cadet.
(c) She is his horse.
(d) She is his slave.
7. To whom does the Judge compare himself?
(a) The King of Hell.
(b) The real judge.
8. What does she ask Carmen about the other girls?
(a) Which ones will be leaving.
(b) Which ones are double-crossers.
(c) Which ones earn the most money.
(d) Which ones also like playing the role of saints.
9. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
(a) She wants to be with him.
(b) She needs the room for someone else.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) She wants more money from him.
10. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Joan of Arc.
(b) Saint Ann.
(c) Saint Theresa.
(d) Saint Elizabeth.
11. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
(a) Dressing up as the Virgin Mary.
(b) Chantal leaving.
(c) Living in Irma's world of illusion.
(d) The rebellion.
12. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
(a) One hundred.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Three hundred.
13. What does Irma put on to see the Chief of Police?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A ring he had given her.
(c) A sexy negligee.
(d) A robe.
14. What happens when Irma leaves the Bishop?
(a) He loses complete control.
(b) He prays.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He confesses his own sins.
15. What does the Chief of Police vow?
(a) To save the Queen.
(b) To join the rebellion.
(c) To be the ruler of the new country.
(d) One day someone will pretend to be him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
2. What is the rebels' control committee discussing?
3. Where has Chantal learned her technique?
4. What is Irma concerned about regarding the rebels?
5. What does Arthur's conversation with Irma reveal?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)