Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
(a) They are in the right.
(b) They are retreating.
(c) They are cowards.
(d) They have advanced.
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
(a) Irma insists on referring to the clients as visitors.
(b) Irma does not like working at the whore house.
(c) Carmen is no longer employed by Irma.
(d) Irma is in love with Arthur.
3. What does Irma ask Carmen?
(a) How much longer she will be working at The Balcony.
(b) What she knows about Chantal.
(c) If she will join the rebels.
(d) If she loves her.
4. How is Arthur killed?
(a) The Chief kills him.
(b) Arthur falls down a flight of stairs.
(c) The prostitutes gang up on him.
(d) A bullet comes through the window.
5. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
(d) Hopeful innocence.
6. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
(a) Why she is not the one bandaging him.
(b) Why she is not out inspiring the men with her voice.
(c) Why she decided to join the rebel cause.
(d) Why she is dating Roger and not him.
7. What does Irma say keeps happening, despite the revolution?
(a) There is less freedom.
(b) The government's soldiers keep dying.
(c) People keep coming to The Balcony.
(d) There is very little bombing.
8. What does Arthur's conversation with Irma reveal?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are part of the rebellion.
(c) They are husband and wife.
(d) They are lovers.
9. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
(d) A Girl in a black corset.
10. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
(c) She feels spiritual pleasure.
11. What does Irma say happens in every revolution?
(a) The innocent die.
(b) The rebels win.
(c) The leader of the country dies.
(d) An ex-prostitutes is held up as a symbol of freedom.
12. What does Chantal want to do?
(a) Be a nurse.
(c) Be a mother.
(d) Be Roger's wife.
13. What is Carmen doing?
(c) Writing a letter to her daughter.
(d) Counting the income from the evening's activities.
14. What is the Bishop wearing?
(a) A simple robe.
(b) Robes with exaggerated shoulders and garish makeup.
(c) Sequins and beads.
(d) A black suit and white priest's collar.
15. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Declaiming his philosophy of faith.
(b) Saying a homily.
(c) Quoting scripture.
(d) Praying for the needy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has just arrived at the end of the scene?
2. What advice does Georgette give to the Wounded Rebel?
3. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
4. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
5. Why do none of the girls think of Carmen as their real friend?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)