|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke say his group of rebels needs?
(b) Something to spur them back into action.
(c) The committee to speak with them.
(d) More rations.
2. What does the Chief of Police vow?
(a) To be the ruler of the new country.
(b) To save the Queen.
(c) One day someone will pretend to be him.
(d) To join the rebellion.
3. To whom does the Judge compare himself?
(c) The real judge.
(d) The King of Hell.
4. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
(a) With all the violence going on.
(b) They neighborhood is filled with gangs.
(c) There has been an earthquake.
(d) It is a dark, stormy night.
5. What does Irma put on to see the Chief of Police?
(a) A sexy negligee.
(b) A robe.
(c) A ring he had given her.
(d) A sweater.
6. What role does the Girl play with the General?
(a) She is his slave.
(b) She is his horse.
(c) She is a military cadet.
(d) She is a rifle.
7. What does Georgette say to Chantal about her bandaging abilities?
(a) She just needs to keep practicing.
(b) She is very good and gentle.
(c) She has improved greatly since she arrived.
(d) Being too rough is as false to the job as thinking about it too much.
8. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
(a) Why she is not out inspiring the men with her voice.
(b) Why she is not the one bandaging him.
(c) Why she decided to join the rebel cause.
(d) Why she is dating Roger and not him.
9. What is no different than being a prostitute?
(a) Being a singer.
(b) Being a wife.
(c) Being a rebel.
(d) Being a nurse.
10. Why does Georgette take over from Chantal?
(a) Chantal needs to leave Roger alone.
(b) Chantal's voice is becoming shaky.
(c) Chantal is too upset.
(d) Chantal is thinking too much about what she is doing.
11. What is Carmen doing?
(c) Writing a letter to her daughter.
(d) Counting the income from the evening's activities.
12. Who interrupts the men's argument?
13. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
(a) When she sees a sunset.
(b) When she saw her daughter for the first time.
(c) When the man who wanted to see the Virgin looked at her.
(d) When Chantal sings.
14. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
(a) Because of the Judge.
(b) Because of Arthur.
(c) Because of the General.
(d) Because of the Chief of Police.
15. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Theresa.
(b) Saint Joan of Arc.
(c) Saint Elizabeth.
(d) Saint Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
2. What does Carmen say it will not take the rebels long to discover?
3. What has Roger convinced Chantal to do?
4. What does Irma say happens in every revolution?
5. Over what do Roger, Armand, and Luke argue?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)