|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of mission is Arthur about to go on?
(a) An illegal mission to South America.
(b) A secret mission for Carmen.
(c) One for the rebels into the Queen's home.
(d) One for Irma into rebel territory.
2. What do both Irma and the Chief of Police know about the rebellion?
(a) It is weakening.
(b) It is evil.
(c) It is a game.
(d) It is going to destroy the Queen's authority.
3. What is Irma's reasoning for why the Chief has forgotten her and her needs?
(a) He is so obsessed with building and keeping power.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) He is jealous of Arthur.
(d) He is a very busy man.
4. Who interrupts the men's argument?
5. What is Armand doing as Roger comments on how foolish vanity is?
(b) Talking to Chantal.
(c) Admiring his appearance in the mirror.
(d) Cleaning his rifle for the next uprising.
6. What does Irma say will happen to her if the rebels succeed?
(a) She will go out of business.
(b) She will open another house.
(c) She will be very successful.
(d) She will have to change some of her business practices.
7. What is Chantal doing at the beginning of this scene?
(b) Arguing with Roger.
(d) Bandaging a Wounded Rebel.
8. What happens when Irma leaves the Bishop?
(a) He confesses his own sins.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He loses complete control.
(d) He prays.
9. What is Arthur to pose as in a session that night?
(a) A Judge.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A General.
(d) A Bishop.
10. What advice does Georgette give to the Wounded Rebel?
(a) To write a letter to his mother.
(b) How to avoid getting shot.
(c) To run away from the rebellion.
(d) How to be a better soldier.
11. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(b) Irma loves Arthur.
(c) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
(d) Arthur insists on being there.
12. What does Irma ask Carmen?
(a) What she knows about Chantal.
(b) How much longer she will be working at The Balcony.
(c) If she loves her.
(d) If she will join the rebels.
13. What does the Chief of Police vow?
(a) To be the ruler of the new country.
(b) One day someone will pretend to be him.
(c) To save the Queen.
(d) To join the rebellion.
14. What will happen to the rebellion, according to Irma?
(a) It will be crushed.
(b) It will succeed.
(c) It will go down in history as the most powerful rebellion.
(d) It will become stronger.
15. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
(a) They are in the right.
(b) They have advanced.
(c) They are retreating.
(d) They are cowards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rebels' control committee discussing?
2. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
3. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
4. What is Carmen doing?
5. Why do none of the girls think of Carmen as their real friend?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)