Short Answer Key
Scenes 1, 2, 3, and 4
1. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
Declaiming his philosophy of faith.
2. What is the Bishop wearing?
Robes with exaggerated shoulders and garish makeup.
3. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
Confess her sins.
4. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
They are real.
5. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
His reflection in the mirror.
6. What happens when Irma leaves the Bishop?
He loses complete control.
7. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
She needs the room for someone else.
8. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
With all the violence going on.
9. Who is on his hands and knees in front of the Prisoner?...
This section contains 2,410 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)