|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9 Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do all the officials appear at once?
(a) To show their power and authority.
(b) They are afraid to go alone.
(c) The Envoy hopes they will all be shot.
(d) The crowd wants to jeer at all of them at once.
2. What does Roger do with the knife?
(a) He cuts up a steak.
(b) He castrates himself.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He stabs Carmen.
3. Of what does the Queen remind the officials?
(a) Their lives will probably be cut short by the rebels.
(b) They are all actors in a play and have no real power.
(c) When they first came to the whorehouse, they had a small seed of the power they sought truly living in them.
(d) They cannot return to their old lives.
4. What does Arthur's conversation with Irma reveal?
(a) They are part of the rebellion.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are husband and wife.
5. What is the gleam the girls see in the eyes of the men participating in the fantasies?
(c) Hopeful innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chantal put on the balcony?
2. How is Irma a thoughtful person, according to Carmen?
3. Who is on his hands and knees in front of the Prisoner?
4. What does the Chief demand from Irma?
5. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)