|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Ann.
(b) Saint Elizabeth.
(c) Saint Joan of Arc.
(d) Saint Theresa.
2. Why is Chantal put on the balcony?
(a) To get close to the officials.
(b) To inspire the rebels.
(c) To jeer at the officials.
(d) To see if the Queen is the real Queen.
3. How has Irma felt waiting for the Chief of Police?
4. What role does the Girl play with the General?
(a) She is a military cadet.
(b) She is a rifle.
(c) She is his slave.
(d) She is his horse.
5. How is Irma a thoughtful person, according to Carmen?
(a) She treats Carmen well.
(b) She cares about the rebels.
(c) She is always thinking about the prostitute's well-being.
(d) For providing such an important service for such lonely people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do none of the girls think of Carmen as their real friend?
2. What is the Bishop wearing?
3. Of what does the Envoy convince Irma?
4. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
5. Why do all the officials appear at once?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)