|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) If he will be moving back into the whorehouse.
(b) The risks he took to get there and the dangers caused by the revolution.
(c) Whether or not he still loves her.
(d) Why is has not joined the rebellion.
2. Why is Carmen thoughtful and sad?
(a) She is worried about the rebels.
(b) She is thinking about her daughter.
(c) She is in love with one of her visitors.
(d) She is in love with Arthur.
3. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) Irma loves Arthur.
(b) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(c) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
(d) Arthur insists on being there.
4. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
(a) Irma insists on referring to the clients as visitors.
(b) Irma is in love with Arthur.
(c) Irma does not like working at the whore house.
(d) Carmen is no longer employed by Irma.
5. What will happen to the rebellion, according to Irma?
(a) It will become stronger.
(b) It will succeed.
(c) It will be crushed.
(d) It will go down in history as the most powerful rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
2. Why is the Chief of Police disappointed?
3. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
4. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
5. What does the Chief demand from Irma?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)