|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Praying for the needy.
(b) Saying a homily.
(c) Quoting scripture.
(d) Declaiming his philosophy of faith.
2. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) One hundred.
3. How is Irma a thoughtful person, according to Carmen?
(a) She cares about the rebels.
(b) She is always thinking about the prostitute's well-being.
(c) She treats Carmen well.
(d) For providing such an important service for such lonely people.
4. What is Irma's reasoning for why the Chief has forgotten her and her needs?
(a) He is so obsessed with building and keeping power.
(b) He is jealous of Arthur.
(c) He is a very busy man.
(d) He no longer loves her.
5. What does Irma ask Carmen?
(a) How much longer she will be working at The Balcony.
(b) What she knows about Chantal.
(c) If she loves her.
(d) If she will join the rebels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger say people need to start doing?
2. What does Arthur's conversation with Irma reveal?
3. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
4. What has happened to the Queen?
5. Where has Chantal learned her technique?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)