|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irma say happens in every revolution?
(a) The leader of the country dies.
(b) The innocent die.
(c) The rebels win.
(d) An ex-prostitutes is held up as a symbol of freedom.
2. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
(a) A poor reputation.
(b) A local reputation for providing for fantasies.
(c) A mediocre reputation.
(d) A worldwide reputation of excellence.
3. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
(a) They neighborhood is filled with gangs.
(b) There has been an earthquake.
(c) It is a dark, stormy night.
(d) With all the violence going on.
4. What has Roger convinced Chantal to do?
(a) Go back to prostituting herself.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Join the rebel movement.
(d) Leave the rebel movement.
5. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
(a) She wants more money from him.
(b) She does not like him.
(c) She needs the room for someone else.
(d) She wants to be with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do none of the girls think of Carmen as their real friend?
2. What kind of mission is Arthur about to go on?
3. To whom does the Judge compare himself?
4. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
5. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)