|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
(a) There has been an earthquake.
(b) It is a dark, stormy night.
(c) With all the violence going on.
(d) They neighborhood is filled with gangs.
2. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
(a) Dressing up as the Virgin Mary.
(b) The rebellion.
(c) Living in Irma's world of illusion.
(d) Chantal leaving.
3. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
(a) She feels spiritual pleasure.
4. What does Irma say keeps happening, despite the revolution?
(a) There is very little bombing.
(b) The government's soldiers keep dying.
(c) There is less freedom.
(d) People keep coming to The Balcony.
5. What happens when Irma leaves the Bishop?
(a) He loses complete control.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He prays.
(d) He confesses his own sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
2. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
3. What does the Chief of Police vow?
4. Why do none of the girls think of Carmen as their real friend?
5. How does Irma ring the doorbell?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)