|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
(a) When the man who wanted to see the Virgin looked at her.
(b) When Chantal sings.
(c) When she saw her daughter for the first time.
(d) When she sees a sunset.
2. How are the lives of the real Bishop, Judge, and General different from those that become them as part of a fantasy?
(a) They are easier.
(b) They are more real.
(c) They are not fantasies and much more important.
(d) They dirty the purity of their ideals by functioning in the real world.
3. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
(a) That he have a new uniform.
(b) That he have a refund.
(c) That he have a new prosititute.
(d) That he be left in peace.
4. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
(a) A poor reputation.
(b) A worldwide reputation of excellence.
(c) A mediocre reputation.
(d) A local reputation for providing for fantasies.
5. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
(b) A kind of tenderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chief of Police vow?
2. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
3. How does Irma ring the doorbell?
4. How has Irma felt waiting for the Chief of Police?
5. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)