|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the Girl play with the General?
(a) She is his horse.
(b) She is his slave.
(c) She is a rifle.
(d) She is a military cadet.
2. What is Carmen doing?
(a) Counting the income from the evening's activities.
(d) Writing a letter to her daughter.
3. What does Irma say keeps happening, despite the revolution?
(a) People keep coming to The Balcony.
(b) There is very little bombing.
(c) The government's soldiers keep dying.
(d) There is less freedom.
4. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
(a) Her name.
(b) Where she is from.
(c) If she is new.
(d) If she wants to leave.
5. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She wants more money from him.
(c) She needs the room for someone else.
(d) She wants to be with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to the rebellion, according to Irma?
2. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
3. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
4. What does Carmen say it will not take the rebels long to discover?
5. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)