|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Declaiming his philosophy of faith.
(b) Saying a homily.
(c) Praying for the needy.
(d) Quoting scripture.
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
(a) Carmen is no longer employed by Irma.
(b) Irma does not like working at the whore house.
(c) Irma is in love with Arthur.
(d) Irma insists on referring to the clients as visitors.
3. What is the Bishop wearing?
(a) A simple robe.
(b) Robes with exaggerated shoulders and garish makeup.
(c) A black suit and white priest's collar.
(d) Sequins and beads.
4. What kind of mission is Arthur about to go on?
(a) An illegal mission to South America.
(b) A secret mission for Carmen.
(c) One for the rebels into the Queen's home.
(d) One for Irma into rebel territory.
5. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
(a) She wants more money from him.
(b) She wants to be with him.
(c) She needs the room for someone else.
(d) She does not like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
2. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
3. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
4. What is Arthur to pose as in a session that night?
5. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)