|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Carmen thoughtful and sad?
(a) She is in love with Arthur.
(b) She is worried about the rebels.
(c) She is in love with one of her visitors.
(d) She is thinking about her daughter.
2. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
(a) Because of the Chief of Police.
(b) Because of Arthur.
(c) Because of the Judge.
(d) Because of the General.
3. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
4. What does Irma call Carmen when she says her daughter is more real?
(a) A sweet girl.
(b) A kind person.
(c) A fool.
(d) A mean-spirited woman.
5. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
(b) A kind of tenderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irma notice about one of her prostitutes on the monitor?
2. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
3. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
4. What are the only things that are real to Irma?
5. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)