|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) The risks he took to get there and the dangers caused by the revolution.
(b) Whether or not he still loves her.
(c) Why is has not joined the rebellion.
(d) If he will be moving back into the whorehouse.
2. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
(a) Finding joy and pride in her work.
(b) Spying on the rebels.
(c) Thinking about her daughter.
(d) Playing the role of saints.
3. What role does the Girl play with the General?
(a) She is his slave.
(b) She is a rifle.
(c) She is a military cadet.
(d) She is his horse.
4. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Elizabeth.
(b) Saint Theresa.
(c) Saint Ann.
(d) Saint Joan of Arc.
5. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
(c) A kind of tenderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
2. How are the lives of the real Bishop, Judge, and General different from those that become them as part of a fantasy?
3. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
4. What happens when Irma leaves the Bishop?
5. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)