|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Irma speak about her business?
(a) With jealousy.
(b) With guilt.
(c) With sadness.
(d) With pride.
2. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
(a) Dressing up as the Virgin Mary.
(b) Chantal leaving.
(c) The rebellion.
(d) Living in Irma's world of illusion.
3. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
(a) Speak to other whorehouses.
(b) Speak to the guests in each room.
(c) Watch and hear everything that goes on in each of the rooms in the house.
(d) Watch for intruders outside the house.
4. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Elizabeth.
(b) Saint Joan of Arc.
(c) Saint Theresa.
(d) Saint Ann.
5. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
(a) A kind of tenderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
2. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
3. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
4. How are the lives of the real Bishop, Judge, and General different from those that become them as part of a fantasy?
5. What is Carmen doing?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)