|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Quoting scripture.
(b) Declaiming his philosophy of faith.
(c) Praying for the needy.
(d) Saying a homily.
2. What is the Bishop wearing?
(a) Robes with exaggerated shoulders and garish makeup.
(b) A black suit and white priest's collar.
(c) A simple robe.
(d) Sequins and beads.
3. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are real.
(b) They are minor.
(c) They are not real.
(d) They are in abundance.
4. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
(d) A kind of tenderness.
5. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
(a) If she wants to leave.
(b) Her name.
(c) Where she is from.
(d) If she is new.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
2. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
3. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
4. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
5. What is Carmen doing?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)