|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carmen doing?
(b) Writing a letter to her daughter.
(c) Counting the income from the evening's activities.
2. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
(a) Because of the Chief of Police.
(b) Because of Arthur.
(c) Because of the General.
(d) Because of the Judge.
3. Why is Carmen thoughtful and sad?
(a) She is in love with Arthur.
(b) She is in love with one of her visitors.
(c) She is worried about the rebels.
(d) She is thinking about her daughter.
4. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
(a) Cook for him.
(b) Shout his name.
(c) Confess her sins.
5. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
(a) Saint Theresa.
(b) Saint Joan of Arc.
(c) Saint Elizabeth.
(d) Saint Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
2. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
3. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
4. What does Irma call Carmen when she says her daughter is more real?
5. What role does the Girl play with the General?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)