|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
(a) It is a dark, stormy night.
(b) With all the violence going on.
(c) They neighborhood is filled with gangs.
(d) There has been an earthquake.
2. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
(a) Because of the Judge.
(b) Because of Arthur.
(c) Because of the General.
(d) Because of the Chief of Police.
3. How does Irma speak about her business?
(a) With pride.
(b) With sadness.
(c) With guilt.
(d) With jealousy.
4. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) The risks he took to get there and the dangers caused by the revolution.
(b) Whether or not he still loves her.
(c) If he will be moving back into the whorehouse.
(d) Why is has not joined the rebellion.
5. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
(b) She feels spiritual pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
2. What is Carmen doing?
3. How is Irma a thoughtful person, according to Carmen?
4. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
5. How are the lives of the real Bishop, Judge, and General different from those that become them as part of a fantasy?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)