|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
(b) A kind of tenderness.
2. What is Carmen doing?
(b) Counting the income from the evening's activities.
(c) Writing a letter to her daughter.
3. Why is Carmen thoughtful and sad?
(a) She is thinking about her daughter.
(b) She is worried about the rebels.
(c) She is in love with Arthur.
(d) She is in love with one of her visitors.
4. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
(a) Her name.
(b) If she is new.
(c) If she wants to leave.
(d) Where she is from.
5. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
(a) Speak to other whorehouses.
(b) Watch for intruders outside the house.
(c) Speak to the guests in each room.
(d) Watch and hear everything that goes on in each of the rooms in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
2. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
3. Why are these experiences important?
4. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
5. How does Irma speak about her business?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)