|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
(a) Where she is from.
(b) If she wants to leave.
(c) If she is new.
(d) Her name.
2. What happens when Irma leaves the Bishop?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He confesses his own sins.
(c) He loses complete control.
(d) He prays.
3. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
(a) A local reputation for providing for fantasies.
(b) A mediocre reputation.
(c) A worldwide reputation of excellence.
(d) A poor reputation.
4. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
(a) Speak to other whorehouses.
(b) Watch for intruders outside the house.
(c) Watch and hear everything that goes on in each of the rooms in the house.
(d) Speak to the guests in each room.
5. Why is Carmen thoughtful and sad?
(a) She is worried about the rebels.
(b) She is in love with Arthur.
(c) She is thinking about her daughter.
(d) She is in love with one of her visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
2. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
3. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
4. What is the Bishop wearing?
5. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)