|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
2. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
(a) She is not a Prisoner.
(b) She is innocent.
(c) She is an actress.
(d) She is a thief.
3. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
(a) She might end up like Chantal.
(b) She might injure a visitor.
(c) She might scare away visitors.
(d) She is having a nervous breakdown.
4. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
(a) They are retreating.
(b) They are cowards.
(c) They have advanced.
(d) They are in the right.
5. How is Irma a thoughtful person, according to Carmen?
(a) For providing such an important service for such lonely people.
(b) She treats Carmen well.
(c) She cares about the rebels.
(d) She is always thinking about the prostitute's well-being.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
2. Why are these experiences important?
3. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
4. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
5. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)