|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
(a) Because of the Judge.
(b) Because of the General.
(c) Because of Arthur.
(d) Because of the Chief of Police.
2. Why is Carmen thoughtful and sad?
(a) She is in love with one of her visitors.
(b) She is worried about the rebels.
(c) She is in love with Arthur.
(d) She is thinking about her daughter.
3. How is Irma a thoughtful person, according to Carmen?
(a) She treats Carmen well.
(b) She cares about the rebels.
(c) For providing such an important service for such lonely people.
(d) She is always thinking about the prostitute's well-being.
4. How does Irma speak about her business?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With pride.
(c) With jealousy.
(d) With guilt.
5. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
(a) They are retreating.
(b) They are cowards.
(c) They are in the right.
(d) They have advanced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
2. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
3. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
4. What do Irma and the General discuss at the beginning of Scene 3?
5. To whom does the Judge compare himself?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)