|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Bishop wearing?
(a) A black suit and white priest's collar.
(b) A simple robe.
(c) Robes with exaggerated shoulders and garish makeup.
(d) Sequins and beads.
2. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
(a) Dressing up as the Virgin Mary.
(b) Chantal leaving.
(c) The rebellion.
(d) Living in Irma's world of illusion.
3. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
(a) Irma does not like working at the whore house.
(b) Carmen is no longer employed by Irma.
(c) Irma is in love with Arthur.
(d) Irma insists on referring to the clients as visitors.
4. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are minor.
(b) They are in abundance.
(c) They are real.
(d) They are not real.
5. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
(d) His reflection in the mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
2. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
3. What does Irma call Carmen when she says her daughter is more real?
4. How does Irma speak about her business?
5. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)