|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Praying for the needy.
(b) Saying a homily.
(c) Quoting scripture.
(d) Declaiming his philosophy of faith.
2. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are real.
(b) They are minor.
(c) They are in abundance.
(d) They are not real.
3. What does Irma call Carmen when she says her daughter is more real?
(a) A mean-spirited woman.
(b) A kind person.
(c) A fool.
(d) A sweet girl.
4. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
(a) She is not a Prisoner.
(b) She is a thief.
(c) She is an actress.
(d) She is innocent.
5. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
(a) Cook for him.
(b) Shout his name.
(d) Confess her sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
2. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
3. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
4. How are the lives of the real Bishop, Judge, and General different from those that become them as part of a fantasy?
5. What does the General insist, after Irma leaves and the Executioner comes looking for her?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)