|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Bishop wearing?
(a) A black suit and white priest's collar.
(b) Sequins and beads.
(c) Robes with exaggerated shoulders and garish makeup.
(d) A simple robe.
2. What does the Judge ask the Prisoner, in a different voice?
(a) If she wants to leave.
(b) Her name.
(c) If she is new.
(d) Where she is from.
3. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
(a) When she saw her daughter for the first time.
(b) When the man who wanted to see the Virgin looked at her.
(c) When she sees a sunset.
(d) When Chantal sings.
4. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
(a) The rebellion.
(b) Chantal leaving.
(c) Dressing up as the Virgin Mary.
(d) Living in Irma's world of illusion.
5. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
(a) Finding joy and pride in her work.
(b) Playing the role of saints.
(c) Thinking about her daughter.
(d) Spying on the rebels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Executioner say about the rebels?
2. Why does Irma worry about a prostitute's behavior?
3. What role does the Girl play with the General?
4. Why is it dangerous for people to be out in the streets?
5. To whom does the Judge compare himself?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)