|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
(a) A poor reputation.
(b) A local reputation for providing for fantasies.
(c) A worldwide reputation of excellence.
(d) A mediocre reputation.
2. What is the Bishop wearing?
(a) Sequins and beads.
(b) A black suit and white priest's collar.
(c) A simple robe.
(d) Robes with exaggerated shoulders and garish makeup.
3. Who comes in with the General's clothing?
(c) A Girl in a black corset.
4. What does the Prisoner call the Executioner, as she pleads with him?
5. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are minor.
(b) They are not real.
(c) They are real.
(d) They are in abundance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prisoner confess to the Judge?
2. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
3. What does the conversation between Irma and Carmen reveal?
4. What ultimately makes Carmen unhappy?
5. How does Carmen feel after dressing up as the Virgin Mary for a bank clerk's fantasy?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)