|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9 Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does the Envoy tell?
(a) A deliberately confusing story about how she is being kept hidden and occupied.
(b) How he became the Queen's Envoy.
(c) The Queen's feelings on the rebellion.
(d) Where the Queen has been sent during this time of war.
2. Who appears on the balcony?
(a) The General, the Judge, the Bishop, the Chief, and the Queen.
(b) Roger, Mark, Luke, and Louis.
(c) Chantal and Carmen.
(d) Carmen and the prostitutes.
3. How is Irma a thoughtful person, according to Carmen?
(a) She treats Carmen well.
(b) She cares about the rebels.
(c) For providing such an important service for such lonely people.
(d) She is always thinking about the prostitute's well-being.
4. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
(a) His reflection in the mirror.
5. Why are the officials moved around?
(a) So the rebels can see the crowd.
(b) To protect them.
(c) To put fear into them.
(d) So the Photographers can get the definitive pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does the Judge worry?
2. How might the people playing the officials feel on that balcony?
3. How does the Chief of Police change the subject?
4. What does the Envoy assure the Chief?
5. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)