|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rebels' control committee discussing?
(a) Where to hit the enemy next.
(b) What to do with all of the POWs.
(c) The formation of a provisional government.
(d) How to oust the Queen from her throne.
2. What does Irma say about Carmen's daughter?
(a) She is crying.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is happy with her new family.
(d) She is missing her mother.
3. What does the Chief say he will do when the rebellion is over?
(a) He will take Irma away with him.
(b) He will shut down the whorehouse.
(c) He will move back into the whorehouse.
(d) He will marry Irma.
4. What does Irma urge Carmen to continue doing?
(a) Spying on the rebels.
(b) Thinking about her daughter.
(c) Finding joy and pride in her work.
(d) Playing the role of saints.
5. What does the Envoy do with ribbons?
(a) He pins them to his chest.
(b) He gives them to the Queen.
(c) He honors the Chief with the ribbons.
(d) He puts them in his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Irma's reasoning for why the Chief has forgotten her and her needs?
2. Of what does the second Wounded Soldier complain?
3. What does Arthur's conversation with Irma reveal?
4. What seduces the Bishop and prepares him to play his private fantasy role in public?
5. Irma offers Carmen the opportunity to fulfill a man's fantasy by pretending to be what saint?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)