|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Carmen feel real beauty?
(a) When the man who wanted to see the Virgin looked at her.
(b) When she saw her daughter for the first time.
(c) When Chantal sings.
(d) When she sees a sunset.
2. What do the panel of monitors and loudspeakers enable Irma to do?
(a) Watch for intruders outside the house.
(b) Speak to the guests in each room.
(c) Speak to other whorehouses.
(d) Watch and hear everything that goes on in each of the rooms in the house.
3. Why is Carmen thoughtful and sad?
(a) She is worried about the rebels.
(b) She is in love with one of her visitors.
(c) She is in love with Arthur.
(d) She is thinking about her daughter.
4. How does Irma speak about her business?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With jealousy.
(c) With pride.
(d) With guilt.
5. What advice does Georgette give to the Wounded Rebel?
(a) How to be a better soldier.
(b) To write a letter to his mother.
(c) How to avoid getting shot.
(d) To run away from the rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is no different than being a prostitute?
2. Where will all the characters appear?
3. How much money does Carmen say the whorehouse has earned?
4. Who interrupts the men's argument?
5. Why does Irma have to love Carmen in secret?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)