|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Irma gives for having Arthur around?
(a) Arthur is Irma's friend and was in need of a job.
(b) The Chief insisted there be a man around.
(c) Irma loves Arthur.
(d) Arthur insists on being there.
2. What does Irma put on to see the Chief of Police?
(a) A robe.
(b) A sexy negligee.
(c) A ring he had given her.
(d) A sweater.
3. What does Roger say people need to start doing?
(a) Being more careful.
(b) Taking the rebellion seriously.
(c) Recuperating from the war.
(d) Cleaning up from the rebellion.
4. What type of reputation does The Balcony have?
(a) A poor reputation.
(b) A mediocre reputation.
(c) A worldwide reputation of excellence.
(d) A local reputation for providing for fantasies.
5. What is Irma's reasoning for why the Chief has forgotten her and her needs?
(a) He is jealous of Arthur.
(b) He is a very busy man.
(c) He is so obsessed with building and keeping power.
(d) He no longer loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irma feel for Carmen?
2. What does the Third Man ask Chantal?
3. Where will all the characters appear?
4. How does the Chief of Police resemble the other officials from the first few scenes?
5. How are the lives of the real Bishop, Judge, and General different from those that become them as part of a fantasy?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)