Scenes 1, 2, 3, and 4
1. What is the Bishop doing in the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Declaiming his philosophy of faith.
(b) Saying a homily.
(c) Quoting scripture.
(d) Praying for the needy.
2. What is the Bishop wearing?
(a) A black suit and white priest's collar.
(b) Robes with exaggerated shoulders and garish makeup.
(c) Sequins and beads.
(d) A simple robe.
3. What does the Bishop repeatedly insist that the Young Woman do?
(a) Shout his name.
(b) Cook for him.
(c) Confess her sins.
4. What does the Young Woman insist about her sins?
(a) They are minor.
(b) They are in abundance.
(c) They are real.
(d) They are not real.
5. To whom does the Bishop question about the how and why of his becoming a bishop?
(c) His reflection in the mirror.
6. What happens when Irma leaves the Bishop?
(a) He loses complete control.
(b) He confesses his own sins.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He prays.
7. Why does the Bishop believe Irma asks him to leave?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She needs the room for someone else.
(c) She wants to be with him.
(d) She wants more money from him.
This section contains 4,906 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)