|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Mike share with John in the car?
2. Who demands that Mike relinquish Kyra at the fair?
3. The private detective learns that Durgin has ________________ children.
4. Who warns Mike about stirring things up in town?
5. As Mike takes an after dinner walk, he is overcome by a perception of _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What preoccupies Mike's mind regardless of all the supernatural things going on around him?
2. What decision does Mike make regarding Mattie and their relationship and how do his feelings for her ultimately save his life?
3. Who does John Storrow invite to an impromptu party after hearing the good news about Mattie's inheritance?
4. In what way does Mike offer to help Mattie after she loses her job?
5. What does Mike know that he has to do in order to quell Sara and Kito's spirits and whose spirits does he encounter at the scene of the murders?
6. Why does Mike hear Jo screaming and what does he find in the plastic owls?
7. What does Frank tell Mike about being with Jo at Sara Laughs shortly before she died?
8. What does Durgin try to get Mike to admit in a deposition?
9. In what way do Max and Rogette terrorize Mike after his sensory experience regarding the young Negro boy?
10. What is significant about the sudden disappearance of the refrigerator magnets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest lesson Mike learns from the haunting of Sara Tidwell? Is it true that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Mike always recall about his haunting experiences with Sara?
Essay Topic 2
Mattie Devore was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you about Mattie's life through this book, what were her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did she manage through them? How did her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
BAG OF BONES is a classic example of a horror genre story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)