|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mike cautions Mattie to be careful of Kenny Auster and _____________________.
2. What drink does Mike give to Kyra to calm her?
3. What does Mike tell Rogette he will do if he ever sees her on the street?
4. What does Mike do for George Kennedy?
5. What does Mike see written on his napkin at the restaurant?
Essay Topic 1
Grief takes on an almost human persona in this book. What are some examples of grief? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kyra. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Kyra's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the book. Explain the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)