|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mattie tells Mike that she will leave a key for him ___________________.
2. Who holds Mattie as she dies?
3. Which of the following does Mike NOT hear when he returns home after giving his deposition?
4. What color is the shorts outfit that Mattie wears to the picnic?
5. What is the name of Kenny Auster's brother who was drowned by his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest lesson Mike learns from the haunting of Sara Tidwell? Is it true that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Mike always recall about his haunting experiences with Sara?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain King's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)