|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds Mattie as she dies?
2. What does Mike find under a throw rug in Jo's studio?
3. Why is Mattie receiving anonymous phone calls?
4. Brenda calls Mike to tell him that _________________________.
5. Who is Mike's brother who calls to check up on him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of truth. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mike. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Kyra. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Kyra's character in the novel?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)