|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Bill tell Mike when he calls him early one morning?
2. Mike is awakened in the night to find _________________ in bed with him.
3. What is the name of the greenhouse where Mike goes to find Helen Auster?
4. What happens to the vehicle carrying the man who shot at Mattie and her guests?
5. Who did Jo not want Mike to talk to at the TR?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mike know that he has to do in order to quell Sara and Kito's spirits and whose spirits does he encounter at the scene of the murders?
2. Why does Mike categorize Elmer Durgin as an ELFF?
3. What does Durgin try to get Mike to admit in a deposition?
4. What links all the deaths which have occurred on the TR?
5. What decision does Mike make regarding Mattie and their relationship and how do his feelings for her ultimately save his life?
6. How is Kyra able to recall vivid details of the Fryeburg County Fair experience she shares with Mike?
7. What senses does Mike experience about a young boy as he walks along the lake?
8. What horrible acts is Mike driven to commit on Kyra and himself?
9. What does Kyra intuit at the Fryeburg County Fair scenario that Mike does not pick up on?
10. What are some of the haunting events at Sara Laughs and why won't Mike leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sara Tidwell was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you about Sara's life through this book, what were her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did she manage through them? How did her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Sara Tidwell. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
Explain King's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)