|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does the court stenographer use when Mike gives his deposition?
2. What does Mike do for George Kennedy?
3. Whose bones does Mike dig up?
4. What question does Kyra ask Mike at the barbecue?
5. Why does Mike not call the Sheriff to report what Max and Rogette had done to him?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Johanna. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kyra. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Kyra's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of fear. Identify at least two instances about fear in the book. Then, cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)