|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hidden inside one of the plastic owls?
2. Mike is sure that it is _____________ voice saying, "Oh Mike, Oh Mike."
3. What news does Bill tell Mike when he calls him early one morning?
4. Who is Mike's brother who calls to check up on him?
5. What name do the alphabet magnets spell out after Mike talks to his brother about their family tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Mike make regarding Mattie and their relationship and how do his feelings for her ultimately save his life?
2. What horrible acts is Mike driven to commit on Kyra and himself?
3. How does Mike find out about Max's suicide and what is the expected reaction from Mike and Mattie about the death?
4. What senses does Mike experience about a young boy as he walks along the lake?
5. What is Mike's reaction to the tape of Rogette's voice that John plays in the car?
6. Why does Mrs. Meserve resign as Mike's housekeeper and what is Mike's reaction to her resignation?
7. What does Kyra intuit at the Fryeburg County Fair scenario that Mike does not pick up on?
8. Describe Mike's experience of "time travel" at the Fryeburg County Fair in 1900.
9. What does Frank tell Mike about being with Jo at Sara Laughs shortly before she died?
10. Why does Mike hear Jo screaming and what does he find in the plastic owls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the book. Explain the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in BAG OF BONES. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Explain King's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)