|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Mike about stirring things up in town?
2. What bad news does Mattie have when Mike calls her?
3. The event in #121 takes place in what year?
4. Mattie tells Mike that she will leave a key for him ___________________.
5. How does Mattie die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mike categorize Elmer Durgin as an ELFF?
2. What does Mattie fear that Max will do if he cannot win custody of Kyra?
3. What does Kyra intuit at the Fryeburg County Fair scenario that Mike does not pick up on?
4. Why does Mike struggle with the feelings that are growing for Mattie?
5. Why does Mrs. Meserve resign as Mike's housekeeper and what is Mike's reaction to her resignation?
6. What are some of the haunting events at Sara Laughs and why won't Mike leave?
7. How is Kyra able to recall vivid details of the Fryeburg County Fair experience she shares with Mike?
8. What preoccupies Mike's mind regardless of all the supernatural things going on around him?
9. What does Frank tell Mike about being with Jo at Sara Laughs shortly before she died?
10. What horrible acts is Mike driven to commit on Kyra and himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Johanna. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mattie. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)