|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mike is awakened in the night to find _________________ in bed with him.
2. How much money did Max Devore leave to Mattie in his will?
3. Why is Mattie receiving anonymous phone calls?
4. Brenda calls Mike to tell him that _________________________.
5. What does Mike do for George Kennedy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mike know that he has to do in order to quell Sara and Kito's spirits and whose spirits does he encounter at the scene of the murders?
2. What is significant about the sudden disappearance of the refrigerator magnets?
3. What does Frank tell Mike about being with Jo at Sara Laughs shortly before she died?
4. How is Kyra able to recall vivid details of the Fryeburg County Fair experience she shares with Mike?
5. What does Bill tell Mike about why people don't like Mike's being back in the area?
6. What does Kyra intuit at the Fryeburg County Fair scenario that Mike does not pick up on?
7. What links all the deaths which have occurred on the TR?
8. What decision does Mike make regarding Mattie and their relationship and how do his feelings for her ultimately save his life?
9. What does Mike learn about the deaths of Sara and Kito and why does Jo urge him back to Sara Laughs after he has poured the lye over the bones?
10. Why does Mike struggle with the feelings that are growing for Mattie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of truth. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of fear. Identify at least two instances about fear in the book. Then, cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Mike learns from the haunting of Sara Tidwell? Is it true that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Mike always recall about his haunting experiences with Sara?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)