|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many doors do Mike and Kyra come to in the place in #125?
2. What is the name of Kenny Auster's brother who was drowned by his father?
3. What happens to the vehicle carrying the man who shot at Mattie and her guests?
4. What does Mike find under a throw rug in Jo's studio?
5. What does Mike note about the refrigerator magnets when he comes inside after a swim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the sudden disappearance of the refrigerator magnets?
2. How does Jo help Mike during his assault by Max and Rogette?
3. What preoccupies Mike's mind regardless of all the supernatural things going on around him?
4. What question does Kyra ask Mike at the party that is so poignant later on?
5. What is Mike's reaction to the tape of Rogette's voice that John plays in the car?
6. How is Kyra able to recall vivid details of the Fryeburg County Fair experience she shares with Mike?
7. What does Mattie fear that Max will do if he cannot win custody of Kyra?
8. Why does Mike struggle with the feelings that are growing for Mattie?
9. Why does Mike hear Jo screaming and what does he find in the plastic owls?
10. Describe Mike's experience of "time travel" at the Fryeburg County Fair in 1900.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in BAG OF BONES. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of truth. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Stephen King is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)