|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. George apprehends ________________ who was the shooter from the car.
2. What does Mike pour over the bones he digs up?
3. Whose bones does Mike dig up?
4. Mike sees an inordinate amount of the letters K and ______________ in the phone book.
5. What does Mike tell Rogette he will do if he ever sees her on the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mike's reaction to the tape of Rogette's voice that John plays in the car?
2. What does Mattie fear that Max will do if he cannot win custody of Kyra?
3. How does Mike find out about Max's suicide and what is the expected reaction from Mike and Mattie about the death?
4. Why does Mike hear Jo screaming and what does he find in the plastic owls?
5. Why does Mike struggle with the feelings that are growing for Mattie?
6. What question does Kyra ask Mike at the party that is so poignant later on?
7. What decision does Mike make regarding Mattie and their relationship and how do his feelings for her ultimately save his life?
8. Why does Mike categorize Elmer Durgin as an ELFF?
9. What does Frank tell Mike about being with Jo at Sara Laughs shortly before she died?
10. What does Mike know that he has to do in order to quell Sara and Kito's spirits and whose spirits does he encounter at the scene of the murders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephen King is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the book. Explain the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
BAG OF BONES is a classic example of a horror genre story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)