|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hidden inside one of the plastic owls?
2. What does Mike see written on his napkin at the restaurant?
3. Who is John Shackleford?
4. Who demands that Mike relinquish Kyra at the fair?
5. What does Mike struggle to get into at the beginning of Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mattie fear that Max will do if he cannot win custody of Kyra?
2. What is significant about the sudden disappearance of the refrigerator magnets?
3. What is Mike's reaction to the tape of Rogette's voice that John plays in the car?
4. What question does Kyra ask Mike at the party that is so poignant later on?
5. How is Kyra able to recall vivid details of the Fryeburg County Fair experience she shares with Mike?
6. In what way does Mike offer to help Mattie after she loses her job?
7. What senses does Mike experience about a young boy as he walks along the lake?
8. What are some of the haunting events at Sara Laughs and why won't Mike leave?
9. What does Bill tell Mike about why people don't like Mike's being back in the area?
10. In what way do Max and Rogette terrorize Mike after his sensory experience regarding the young Negro boy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest lesson Mike learns from Bill Dean? Is it true that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Mike always recall about his experiences with Bill?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kyra. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Kyra's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in BAG OF BONES. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)