|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who comes to Mike's house with a message written in Rogette's handwriting?
2. Mike is awakened in the night to find _________________ in bed with him.
3. Whom does Mike see dressed in Jared Devore's clothes as a ghost?
4. What are ELFFs according to Mike?
5. Who helps Mike get up onto the float?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank tell Mike about being with Jo at Sara Laughs shortly before she died?
2. What does Mattie fear that Max will do if he cannot win custody of Kyra?
3. What horrible acts is Mike driven to commit on Kyra and himself?
4. Who does John Storrow invite to an impromptu party after hearing the good news about Mattie's inheritance?
5. How is Kyra able to recall vivid details of the Fryeburg County Fair experience she shares with Mike?
6. What does Mike learn about the deaths of Sara and Kito and why does Jo urge him back to Sara Laughs after he has poured the lye over the bones?
7. Why does Mike struggle with the feelings that are growing for Mattie?
8. What are some of the haunting events at Sara Laughs and why won't Mike leave?
9. How does Jo help Mike during his assault by Max and Rogette?
10. Why does Mike categorize Elmer Durgin as an ELFF?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in BAG OF BONES. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Mike learns from Bill Dean? Is it true that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Mike always recall about his experiences with Bill?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the book. Explain the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)