|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to move on with his life, Mike thinks he needs to go to ____________________.
2. For whom/what does Mike NOT mourn when he has an emotional meltdown?
3. What does John Storrow tell Mike will be an important factor in Devore's attempt to get custody of Kyra?
4. What does Mike ask Bill Dean to do before he goes to the cabin?
5. How much does John Storrow say his legal fees will cost Mike at a minimum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What physical symptoms does Mike have during writer's block?
2. Why does Mike think that there must not be a connection between Mattie and Max Devore, a wealthy man in the area?
3. What is Max Devore's purpose for calling Mike at home on the Fourth of July?
4. In what state of mind does Mike bring the Selectric typewriter to his office and what does he think is the reason?
5. Who is Bill Dean and what role does he serve in Mike's life?
6. What is Mike's profession and how does his work suffer after the death of his wife?
7. Describe Mike's first encounter and communication with a spirit in the house.
8. What made Max file for custody of Kyra?
9. Who is the protagonist of the story and what tragedy befalls his wife very early in the story?
10. When do Mike's nightmares begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Grief takes on an almost human persona in this book. What are some examples of grief? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Explain King's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in BAG OF BONES. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)