|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mike throws away the kitchen clock shaped like a/an __________________.
2. Which of the following does Mike NOT hear when he returns home after giving his deposition?
(a) A woman's shrieks.
(b) A child crying.
(c) The bell around Bunter's neck ringing.
(d) The hum of the air conditioner.
3. Mike is sure that it is _____________ voice saying, "Oh Mike, Oh Mike."
4. What secret does Mike share with John in the car?
(a) Max and Rogette tried to drown him.
(b) Mattie is pregnant.
(c) Mattie got a new job.
(d) Rogette has come back to town.
5. With whom does Mike have lunch after his deposition?
(a) Mattie and Kyra.
(b) Charlie Deans.
(c) Mattie and John.
(d) Mattie and Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Mike get up onto the float?
2. Why does Mike not call the Sheriff to report what Max and Rogette had done to him?
3. Who warns Mike about stirring things up in town?
4. Which of the following ghosts does Kyra NOT see at Mike's cabin?
5. What name does Elmer Durgin refer to Mattie as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Mike make regarding Mattie and their relationship and how do his feelings for her ultimately save his life?
2. How does Mike find out about Max's suicide and what is the expected reaction from Mike and Mattie about the death?
3. Who does John Storrow invite to an impromptu party after hearing the good news about Mattie's inheritance?
4. Why does Mike hear Jo screaming and what does he find in the plastic owls?
5. What preoccupies Mike's mind regardless of all the supernatural things going on around him?
6. In what way does Mike offer to help Mattie after she loses her job?
7. Why does Mike categorize Elmer Durgin as an ELFF?
8. What senses does Mike experience about a young boy as he walks along the lake?
9. What does Mattie fear that Max will do if he cannot win custody of Kyra?
10. What does Mike learn about the deaths of Sara and Kito and why does Jo urge him back to Sara Laughs after he has poured the lye over the bones?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)