|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the greenhouse where Mike goes to find Helen Auster?
(a) Slips 'n Greens.
(b) The Ivy League.
(c) Hannah's Garden Center.
(d) Gardens and Groves.
2. What does the ghostly black boy tell Mike when he tries to enter the storage space under the studio?
(a) Leave the dead to rest in peace.
(b) Leave now, you have no business here.
(c) I put a curse on you and your entire family.
(d) I'd turn back if I were you.
3. What does Mike pour over the bones he digs up?
4. What happens to the vehicle carrying the man who shot at Mattie and her guests?
(a) It gets away.
(b) It is stopped at a roadblock.
(c) George shoots out all the tires.
(d) It bursts into flames.
5. What does Mike note about the refrigerator magnets when he comes inside after a swim?
(a) The letters are all jumbled.
(b) All the "K" letters are missing.
(c) The letters are on one side and the fruits and vegetables are on the other.
(d) The magnets are gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vulgar name does Devore call Mike?
2. Who demands that Mike relinquish Kyra at the fair?
3. Who offers to take care of Mattie when she loses her job?
4. What name does Elmer Durgin refer to Mattie as?
5. What does Mike do for George Kennedy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike find out about Max's suicide and what is the expected reaction from Mike and Mattie about the death?
2. What links all the deaths which have occurred on the TR?
3. How does Jo help Mike during his assault by Max and Rogette?
4. In what way do Max and Rogette terrorize Mike after his sensory experience regarding the young Negro boy?
5. What does Bill tell Mike about why people don't like Mike's being back in the area?
6. Why does Mike hear Jo screaming and what does he find in the plastic owls?
7. What are some of the haunting events at Sara Laughs and why won't Mike leave?
8. What preoccupies Mike's mind regardless of all the supernatural things going on around him?
9. Describe Mike's experience of "time travel" at the Fryeburg County Fair in 1900.
10. What does Mike learn about the deaths of Sara and Kito and why does Jo urge him back to Sara Laughs after he has poured the lye over the bones?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)