|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mike discovers that it was ________________ who was with Jo at the softball game in 1994.
2. What does Mattie tell Mike when she calls?
(a) She is dating John.
(b) She thinks Kyra has the measles.
(c) She got her job back.
(d) She's leaving Maine.
3. Whose funeral does Mrs. Meserve advise Mike not to attend?
(a) Kevin Auster's.
(b) Bill Dean's.
(c) Royce Merrill's.
(d) Frank Arlen's.
4. How does Mike feel at the news of Devore's death?
5. What does Mike tell Mattie he will do that night?
(a) Babysit for Kyra.
(b) Come to her.
(c) Write a poem for her.
(d) Watch over her trailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vulgar name does Devore call Mike?
2. Why is Mattie receiving anonymous phone calls?
3. What is hidden inside one of the plastic owls?
4. What does Mattie send George to the store to get?
5. What do the alphabet magnets spell out on the refrigerator when Mike returns home from giving his deposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank tell Mike about being with Jo at Sara Laughs shortly before she died?
2. In what way does Mike offer to help Mattie after she loses her job?
3. What is the devastating effect of the shooter's gunfire at Mattie's house?
4. Why does Mrs. Meserve resign as Mike's housekeeper and what is Mike's reaction to her resignation?
5. Why does Mike categorize Elmer Durgin as an ELFF?
6. Who does John Storrow invite to an impromptu party after hearing the good news about Mattie's inheritance?
7. What question does Kyra ask Mike at the party that is so poignant later on?
8. What senses does Mike experience about a young boy as he walks along the lake?
9. What does Mattie fear that Max will do if he cannot win custody of Kyra?
10. What is Mike's reaction to the tape of Rogette's voice that John plays in the car?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)