|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the car, John plays a cassette of _______________ voice for Mike to hear.
2. Which of the following ghosts does Kyra NOT see at Mike's cabin?
(a) A girl who looks like her.
(b) A lady in a big hat.
(c) A man in blue pants.
(d) A little black boy.
3. What name do the alphabet magnets spell out after Mike talks to his brother about their family tree?
(a) Jo Noonan.
(b) Carla Dean.
(c) Margot Noonan.
(d) Elise Granson.
4. What does Mattie share with Mike during their picnic?
(a) She helped kill Max.
(b) Kyra has seen a ghost in her room.
(c) She is in love with John.
(d) There are alphabet magnet messages on her refrigerator.
5. What does Mattie tell Mike when she calls?
(a) She got her job back.
(b) She's leaving Maine.
(c) She is dating John.
(d) She thinks Kyra has the measles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the alphabet magnets spell out on the refrigerator when Mike returns home from giving his deposition?
2. As Mike takes an after dinner walk, he is overcome by a perception of _____________________.
3. How does Mike end up in the lake near the Street?
4. The private detective learns that Durgin has ________________ children.
5. What does Mike do for George Kennedy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mike learn about the deaths of Sara and Kito and why does Jo urge him back to Sara Laughs after he has poured the lye over the bones?
2. What decision does Mike make regarding Mattie and their relationship and how do his feelings for her ultimately save his life?
3. Why does Mike categorize Elmer Durgin as an ELFF?
4. Why does Mike struggle with the feelings that are growing for Mattie?
5. Describe Mike's experience of "time travel" at the Fryeburg County Fair in 1900.
6. How does Jo help Mike during his assault by Max and Rogette?
7. What senses does Mike experience about a young boy as he walks along the lake?
8. Why does Mrs. Meserve resign as Mike's housekeeper and what is Mike's reaction to her resignation?
9. What does Frank tell Mike about being with Jo at Sara Laughs shortly before she died?
10. What does Durgin try to get Mike to admit in a deposition?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)