|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Mike about stirring things up in town?
2. What medication does Mike give to Kyra?
3. How does Mike end up in the lake near the Street?
(a) Max pushes him with his wheelchair.
(b) He slips and falls while walking too close to the water.
(c) He dives in.
(d) He walks in to get cooled off.
4. George apprehends ________________ who was the shooter from the car.
(a) Art Oblonski.
(b) Bill Dean.
(c) George Footman.
(d) Buddy Jellison.
5. Who does Mike know is hurting Jo in Jo's studio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kyra doing when Mike returns to the cabin?
2. What secret does Mike share with John in the car?
3. Mike cautions Mattie to be careful of Kenny Auster and _____________________.
4. What name do the alphabet magnets spell out after Mike talks to his brother about their family tree?
5. What is written in sugar spilled on the counter in Mike's cabin one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the haunting events at Sara Laughs and why won't Mike leave?
2. What does Mike know that he has to do in order to quell Sara and Kito's spirits and whose spirits does he encounter at the scene of the murders?
3. What is Mike's reaction to the tape of Rogette's voice that John plays in the car?
4. Why does Mrs. Meserve resign as Mike's housekeeper and what is Mike's reaction to her resignation?
5. What does Durgin try to get Mike to admit in a deposition?
6. What does Frank tell Mike about being with Jo at Sara Laughs shortly before she died?
7. What question does Kyra ask Mike at the party that is so poignant later on?
8. In what way do Max and Rogette terrorize Mike after his sensory experience regarding the young Negro boy?
9. What does Mattie fear that Max will do if he cannot win custody of Kyra?
10. What does Bill tell Mike about why people don't like Mike's being back in the area?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)