|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who demands that Mike relinquish Kyra at the fair?
2. Mattie tells Mike that she will leave a key for him ___________________.
(a) Under a pot of tomato plants.
(b) In a watering can.
(c) In an old coffee can.
(d) Under the door mat.
3. The private detective learns that Durgin has ________________ children.
4. Mike is awakened in the night to find _________________ in bed with him.
(a) Mattie Devore.
(b) Sara Tidwell.
(c) Jo Noonan.
(d) Kyra Devore.
5. Who warns Mike about stirring things up in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Mattie's inheritance from Max Devore?
2. Where do Mike and Kyra run to escape?
3. Why does Mike not call the Sheriff to report what Max and Rogette had done to him?
4. What does Mattie share with Mike during their picnic?
5. Which of the following ghosts does Kyra NOT see at Mike's cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bill tell Mike about why people don't like Mike's being back in the area?
2. What does Mike learn about the deaths of Sara and Kito and why does Jo urge him back to Sara Laughs after he has poured the lye over the bones?
3. What question does Kyra ask Mike at the party that is so poignant later on?
4. What links all the deaths which have occurred on the TR?
5. Why does Mike struggle with the feelings that are growing for Mattie?
6. In what way does Mike offer to help Mattie after she loses her job?
7. What is Mike's reaction to the tape of Rogette's voice that John plays in the car?
8. Why does Mike hear Jo screaming and what does he find in the plastic owls?
9. What does Frank tell Mike about being with Jo at Sara Laughs shortly before she died?
10. Why does Mike categorize Elmer Durgin as an ELFF?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)