|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mike decide to go on a vacation?
(c) Key Largo.
2. What does Mike notice when he goes into the bathroom to take a shower after his wild night of hallucinations?
(a) The tub is filled with water.
(b) The window is wide open.
(c) The commode is missing.
(d) There is writing on the mirror.
3. Where had Mike stored his manuscripts?
(a) A home safe.
(b) A safe deposit box.
(c) A box in the closet.
(d) On CDs.
4. From what does Mike suffer in Chapter 3?
(a) Joint pain.
(b) Writer's block.
(c) Panic attacks.
5. In what town does Mike live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike demand regarding payment for the novel?
2. Who is Johanna's favorite brother?
3. When is Mike supposed to release his new novel to get ahead of the bestseller competition?
4. Why does Mattie call Mike in the morning?
5. Mattie tells Mike that she has seen the word ______________ written in spilled flour in her kitchen.
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbing sound does Mike hear in his house during the night?
2. What is Mike's profession and how does his work suffer after the death of his wife?
3. Who is John Storrow and what is his role in Mike's life?
4. Why does Mike think that there must not be a connection between Mattie and Max Devore, a wealthy man in the area?
5. What does Mattie tell Mike is the reason she is in such a good mood after talking to John Storrow?
6. What does Mike hope to capture on the dictaphone and what sound is actually recorded?
7. In what state of mind does Mike bring the Selectric typewriter to his office and what does he think is the reason?
8. Who is Bill Dean and what role does he serve in Mike's life?
9. What physical symptoms does Mike have during writer's block?
10. What is Max Devore's purpose for calling Mike at home on the Fourth of July?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)