|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What superstitious habit did Mike and Johanna have when he finished a book?
(a) Would not say the title out loud.
(b) Drove together to the FedEx office to send it.
(c) Clinked champagne glasses.
(d) She wrote her name on the last page.
2. For what reason does John Storrow admonish Mike when he calls?
(a) Going to Mattie's house for dinner.
(b) For calling him at home.
(c) Agreeing to pay Mattie's attorney fees.
(d) Not calling him when he promised to.
3. Who is Mike's wife?
4. Why does Mattie call Mike?
(a) To get advice on writing.
(b) To go to the beach with her and Kyra.
(c) To ask for a ride to town.
(d) To invite him to dinner.
5. How is Mike completing his new novel?
(a) He is plagiarizing.
(b) He has decided not to finish it.
(c) He writing 20 hours a day.
(d) He is using material he has created in other years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became Sara Tidwell's married name?
2. What happens to Mike when Mattie tells him the name of her daughter?
3. How much does John Storrow say his legal fees will cost Mike at a minimum?
4. What does Mike notice when he goes into the bathroom to take a shower after his wild night of hallucinations?
5. Who is Johanna's favorite brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bill Dean advise Mike to stay away from Mattie?
2. When do Mike's nightmares begin?
3. What does Mike send his editor who pushes for the completion of his fourth book?
4. Why is Mike so moved by all that has happened to him since he has returned to Sara Laughs?
5. What is Mike's profession and how does his work suffer after the death of his wife?
6. Who is John Storrow and what is his role in Mike's life?
7. Had Johanna told anyone else about her pregnancy?
8. What makes Mike realize that he must return to Sara Laughs?
9. When does Mike begin to notice something odd about the magnets on the refrigerator door?
10. Who is the protagonist of the story and what tragedy befalls his wife very early in the story?
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)