|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project is Mike working on when Johanna dies?
(a) A deck on the house.
(b) Painting the house.
(c) A novel.
(d) A swimming pool.
2. Harold tells Mike that there are only _________________ slots for writers on the Times bestseller list.
3. What does Mike do when he heads to the beach and is overcome with emotion?
(a) Returns to the house.
(b) Sits and cries.
(c) Dives into the water.
(d) Lies flat on the ground.
4. What does Mike type on a fresh piece of paper in the typewriter?
(a) Chapter One.
(b) I miss you, Jo.
(c) Nothing but a go round.
(d) Sara is no longer laughing.
5. Bill tells Mike that he was at the cabin when Johanna received a shipment of _______________.
(a) Root beer.
(b) Plastic owls.
(c) Pool toys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Johanna's brothers does Mike visit on his way to Sara Laughs?
2. Who is Johanna's favorite brother?
3. How much does John Storrow say his legal fees will cost Mike at a minimum?
4. What does the housekeeper leave for Mike at Sara Laughs?
5. What item of his does Mike find in Jo's studio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Had Johanna told anyone else about her pregnancy?
2. Why does Mike think that there must not be a connection between Mattie and Max Devore, a wealthy man in the area?
3. Who is John Storrow and what is his role in Mike's life?
4. How had Mattie tried to cooperate with Max regarding Kyra?
5. Describe Mike's first encounter and communication with a spirit in the house.
6. What made Max file for custody of Kyra?
7. What is Max Devore's purpose for calling Mike at home on the Fourth of July?
8. When do Mike's nightmares begin?
9. What makes Mike realize that he must return to Sara Laughs?
10. Why is Mike surprised by his budding friendship with Mattie?
This section contains 1,272 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)