|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The private detective learns that Durgin has ________________ children.
2. What vulgar name does Devore call Mike?
3. What is the name of Kenny Auster's brother who was drowned by his father?
4. Who holds Mattie as she dies?
5. What do George and Romeo give Mike as a memento of Mattie's case?
(a) A Stenomask.
(b) Cuban cigars.
(c) A case of Scotch.
(d) Golf clubs.
6. What does Mike see written on his napkin at the restaurant?
(c) Come Again Soon.
(d) Get Off the TR.
7. Who demands that Mike relinquish Kyra at the fair?
8. Mike discovers that it was ________________ who was with Jo at the softball game in 1994.
9. How does Mike end up in the lake near the Street?
(a) He walks in to get cooled off.
(b) Max pushes him with his wheelchair.
(c) He dives in.
(d) He slips and falls while walking too close to the water.
10. What bad news does Mattie have when Mike calls her?
(a) She has been fired from her job.
(b) Her car broke down.
(c) She broke her leg.
(d) Kyra has the chicken pox.
11. Kyra goes through the door with the ___________________ on it.
(b) Sun hat.
(c) Happy Meal.
(d) Red tricycle.
12. Mike sees an inordinate amount of the letters K and ______________ in the phone book.
13. Who helps Mike get up onto the float?
(b) A couple of tourists.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A deputy.
14. What device does the court stenographer use when Mike gives his deposition?
(a) A laptop.
(b) A pad of paper.
(c) A Stenomask.
(d) A smart phone.
15. Who is the attorney appointed to be guardian ad litem for Kyra?
(a) Emil Davore.
(b) Eli Dinsmore.
(c) Edward Denton.
(d) Elmer Durgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike tell Mattie he will do that night?
2. How does Mattie die?
3. Brenda calls Mike to tell him that _________________________.
4. What is written in sugar spilled on the counter in Mike's cabin one day?
5. What is the condition of Mattie's inheritance from Max Devore?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)