|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mike is sure that it is _____________ voice saying, "Oh Mike, Oh Mike."
2. Who helps Mike get up onto the float?
(a) A deputy.
(c) A couple of tourists.
(d) A fisherman.
3. How many doors do Mike and Kyra come to in the place in #125?
4. Who is John Shackleford?
(a) The owner of a bait shop.
(b) A character in Mike's new book.
(c) A local deputy sheriff.
(d) Mike's travel agent.
5. How does Mattie die?
(a) House fire.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Car accident.
6. Which of the following ghosts does Kyra NOT see at Mike's cabin?
(a) A little black boy.
(b) A man in blue pants.
(c) A girl who looks like her.
(d) A lady in a big hat.
7. What does Mike find under a throw rug in Jo's studio?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A letter.
(c) A key.
(d) A latch to a trap door.
8. What is the name of the greenhouse where Mike goes to find Helen Auster?
(a) Slips 'n Greens.
(b) Hannah's Garden Center.
(c) Gardens and Groves.
(d) The Ivy League.
9. What is hidden inside one of the plastic owls?
(a) A wad of cash.
(b) A key.
(c) A map.
(d) A tin box.
10. Mike has an episode of spiritual time travel in which he and Kyra attend the _________________________.
(a) Fryeburg County Fair.
(b) Lighthouses and Lobsters Festival.
(c) Maine State Fair.
(d) Derry County Fair.
11. Who is the attorney appointed to be guardian ad litem for Kyra?
(a) Elmer Durgin.
(b) Emil Davore.
(c) Edward Denton.
(d) Eli Dinsmore.
12. What is the condition of Mattie's inheritance from Max Devore?
(a) She has to spend every night at her home for a year.
(b) She has to agree never to leave the country.
(c) She has to enroll Kyra in a private school.
(d) She has to agree to not use her married name.
13. Mike throws away the kitchen clock shaped like a/an __________________.
14. What happens to the vehicle carrying the man who shot at Mattie and her guests?
(a) George shoots out all the tires.
(b) It is stopped at a roadblock.
(c) It gets away.
(d) It bursts into flames.
15. Whom does Mike encounter as he takes an after dinner walk?
(a) Max and Rogette.
(b) Mattie and John.
(c) Mattie and Kyra.
(d) Max and Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mike discovers that it was ________________ who was with Jo at the softball game in 1994.
2. Where do Mike and Kyra run to escape?
3. What does Mike note about the refrigerator magnets when he comes inside after a swim?
4. Whose funeral does Mrs. Meserve advise Mike not to attend?
5. What does Mike pour over the bones he digs up?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)