|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to take care of Mattie when she loses her job?
2. What happens to the vehicle carrying the man who shot at Mattie and her guests?
(a) George shoots out all the tires.
(b) It is stopped at a roadblock.
(c) It bursts into flames.
(d) It gets away.
3. Where do Mike and Kyra run to escape?
(a) The Grandstand.
(b) The Fun House.
(c) The Ghost House.
(d) The Hall of Mirrors.
4. What do George and Romeo give Mike as a memento of Mattie's case?
(a) Golf clubs.
(b) A case of Scotch.
(c) Cuban cigars.
(d) A Stenomask.
5. What does Mike tell Rogette he will do if he ever sees her on the street?
(a) Kick her all the way to next Tuesday.
(b) Spit on her.
(c) Kiss her on the lips.
(d) Use her for a shot put.
6. With whom does Mike have lunch after his deposition?
(a) Mattie and John.
(b) Mattie and Kyra.
(c) Charlie Deans.
(d) Mattie and Max.
7. How many doors do Mike and Kyra come to in the place in #125?
8. Mike throws away the kitchen clock shaped like a/an __________________.
9. Who is the attorney appointed to be guardian ad litem for Kyra?
(a) Elmer Durgin.
(b) Edward Denton.
(c) Eli Dinsmore.
(d) Emil Davore.
10. What bad news does Mattie have when Mike calls her?
(a) She broke her leg.
(b) She has been fired from her job.
(c) Her car broke down.
(d) Kyra has the chicken pox.
11. What does Mike find under a throw rug in Jo's studio?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A key.
(c) A letter.
(d) A latch to a trap door.
12. Who demands that Mike relinquish Kyra at the fair?
13. Mattie tells Mike that she will leave a key for him ___________________.
(a) Under a pot of tomato plants.
(b) In an old coffee can.
(c) Under the door mat.
(d) In a watering can.
14. George apprehends ________________ who was the shooter from the car.
(a) Art Oblonski.
(b) George Footman.
(c) Buddy Jellison.
(d) Bill Dean.
15. What is the name of the greenhouse where Mike goes to find Helen Auster?
(a) Hannah's Garden Center.
(b) Gardens and Groves.
(c) The Ivy League.
(d) Slips 'n Greens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mattie receiving anonymous phone calls?
2. Who helps Mike get up onto the float?
3. Who is the man who comes to Mike's house with a message written in Rogette's handwriting?
4. How does Mike end up in the lake near the Street?
5. What does Mattie send George to the store to get?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)