|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of Mattie's inheritance from Max Devore?
(a) She has to spend every night at her home for a year.
(b) She has to enroll Kyra in a private school.
(c) She has to agree to not use her married name.
(d) She has to agree never to leave the country.
2. Whose bones does Mike dig up?
(a) Sara and Kito's.
3. What news does Bill tell Mike when he calls him early one morning?
(a) Max committed suicide.
(b) The town hall was destroyed in a fire.
(c) Kyra is missing.
(d) Mattie has been in a car accident.
4. Why does Mike not call the Sheriff to report what Max and Rogette had done to him?
(a) His phone was out.
(b) He had no witnesses.
(c) He didn't want any publicity.
(d) He didn't have the number.
5. Who is John Shackleford?
(a) Mike's travel agent.
(b) A character in Mike's new book.
(c) The owner of a bait shop.
(d) A local deputy sheriff.
6. How does Mattie die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Gunshot wound.
(c) House fire.
7. Mike cautions Mattie to be careful of Kenny Auster and _____________________.
(a) John Storrow.
(b) Lindy Briggs.
(c) Jared Devore.
(d) Bill Dean.
8. Who is Mike's brother who calls to check up on him?
9. What secret does Mike share with John in the car?
(a) Mattie is pregnant.
(b) Mattie got a new job.
(c) Rogette has come back to town.
(d) Max and Rogette tried to drown him.
10. Whom does Mike see dressed in Jared Devore's clothes as a ghost?
11. What vulgar name does Devore call Mike?
12. What is written in sugar spilled on the counter in Mike's cabin one day?
(c) A squiggle.
(d) Hi Mike.
13. How many doors do Mike and Kyra come to in the place in #125?
14. What is the name of the book Mike is writing at the cabin?
(a) My Childhood Friend.
(b) Miles to Go Before I Sleep.
(c) When Sara Laughs.
(d) Regret Nothing.
15. Who helps Mike get up onto the float?
(b) A couple of tourists.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A deputy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The event in #121 takes place in what year?
2. What is Kyra doing when Mike returns to the cabin?
3. Who is the man who comes to Mike's house with a message written in Rogette's handwriting?
4. What is the name of Kyra's little stuffed dog?
5. As Mike takes an after dinner walk, he is overcome by a perception of _____________________.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)