|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mike is sure that it is _____________ voice saying, "Oh Mike, Oh Mike."
2. In the car, John plays a cassette of _______________ voice for Mike to hear.
3. Kyra goes through the door with the ___________________ on it.
(a) Sun hat.
(b) Red tricycle.
(c) Happy Meal.
4. Who warns Mike about stirring things up in town?
5. What drink does Mike give to Kyra to calm her?
(c) Root beer.
6. Mike throws away the kitchen clock shaped like a/an __________________.
7. What does Mike note about the refrigerator magnets when he comes inside after a swim?
(a) All the "K" letters are missing.
(b) The magnets are gone.
(c) The letters are on one side and the fruits and vegetables are on the other.
(d) The letters are all jumbled.
8. Whom does Mike encounter as he takes an after dinner walk?
(a) Mattie and John.
(b) Max and Rogette.
(c) Mattie and Kyra.
(d) Max and Bill.
9. Which of the following ghosts does Kyra NOT see at Mike's cabin?
(a) A girl who looks like her.
(b) A lady in a big hat.
(c) A man in blue pants.
(d) A little black boy.
10. What is the name of the greenhouse where Mike goes to find Helen Auster?
(a) Slips 'n Greens.
(b) Hannah's Garden Center.
(c) Gardens and Groves.
(d) The Ivy League.
11. Whose funeral does Mrs. Meserve advise Mike not to attend?
(a) Bill Dean's.
(b) Kevin Auster's.
(c) Royce Merrill's.
(d) Frank Arlen's.
12. The private detective learns that Durgin has ________________ children.
13. As Mike takes an after dinner walk, he is overcome by a perception of _____________________.
(a) A drowning Negro boy.
(b) A car jumping the sidewalk.
(c) An imminent thunderstorm.
(d) Someone watching him through binoculars.
14. What is the name of the book Mike is writing at the cabin?
(a) Regret Nothing.
(b) When Sara Laughs.
(c) Miles to Go Before I Sleep.
(d) My Childhood Friend.
15. Who is the private detective hired by Romeo Bissonette?
(a) John Paulus.
(b) John Gerard.
(c) George Kennedy.
(d) Phil Davidson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the alphabet magnets spell out on the refrigerator when Mike returns home from giving his deposition?
2. What name do the alphabet magnets spell out after Mike talks to his brother about their family tree?
3. With whom does Mike have lunch after his deposition?
4. What does the ghostly black boy tell Mike when he tries to enter the storage space under the studio?
5. What is written in sugar spilled on the counter in Mike's cabin one day?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)