|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Phil respond when Michele tells him she is going to Dave's concert?
2. Will badness keep them out? Christ can save both.
3. What is the headline that Anita reads?
4. How does Michele describe her husband?
5. What had a woman at the grocery store been putting in her bags?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jasmine's husband doing at the beginning of the story?
2. What message does Higgs have for the readers at the end of the book?
3. Who are the men who arrived earlier? Where are they at this point in the story?
4. Describe Sofia and Aidan's life since their move to Pittsburgh.
5. How has Rae become a Christian?
6. What is contained in the short poem?
7. What is known about Michele's husband?
8. What is Jasmine's fate? How does Abe react to this news?
9. What does Higgs wonder about the reader? How does Higgs feel about the Bad Girls?
10. What can Anita still not believe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Higgs reminds the reader that God loves her.
Part 1) How does this book support this statement?
Part 2) What can the reader do with this knowledge?
Part 3) What might be the purpose in reading this book? How can one benefit from it? Have you benefited from it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Rahab had courage.
Part 1) Describe Rahab's story. How did she show courage?
Part 2) What does this courage reveal about Rahab? What gave Rahab her courage?
Part 3) What does Rahab's courage say about God's love and power?
Essay Topic 3
Michal loved David.
Part 1) Why is this a problem? Does he love her? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do the acts of another affect Michal's relationship with David? Are the emotions felt by two people truly just between these two and affected by the feelings and actions of only these two? Why or why not?
Part 3) What can be learned from Michal's story? What can one understand about God's love and the love one has for God?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)