|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aiden say about the contribution to the society?
2. Who is Higgs' favorite Bad Girl in the Bible?
3. What can Anita not believe that she thought she would be able to do?
4. When had Sofia and Aidan moved to Pittsburgh?
5. With what does this woman show up at a dinner that Simon was holding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jasmine's husband doing at the beginning of the story?
2. What happens once Michele is caught seeing Dave?
3. What is contained in the short poem?
4. How does Michele feel about Dave a dozen years later?
5. What is known about Michele's husband?
6. What does Anita do when she arrives at the party?
7. How does Rae get the officers to leave?
8. What can Anita still not believe?
9. What message does Higgs have for the readers at the end of the book?
10. Why are the men here?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women can learn from the woman at the well.
Part 1) What takes place in this story? What is surprising about this story? Why?
Part 2) What can be learned from this story? How can you relate to this woman and her story?
Part 3) How does this type of attitude towards others exist today? How have you witnessed it?
Essay Topic 2
Jezebel is the baddest Bad Girl in the Bible.
Part 1) Who is Jezebel? Why is she the worst? How is her behavior worse than the others?
Part 2) How might the author be able to relate to Jezebel? How can you relate to her? What does this say about humanity?
Part 3) What can be learned from Jezebel's story?
Essay Topic 3
Lotti had a strong desire to stay home.
Part 1) Why did she have such a strong desire?
Part 2) How did she handle this desire? What were the results of her behavior?
Part 3) What might she have done differently to deal with this desire?
Part 4) What is the purpose of her story?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)