|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Phil respond when Michele tells him she is going to Dave's concert?
2. The king sent Rahab a message to bring the men out. Why did she not do this?
3. How does Michele feel when she sees Dave on stage in a loincloth, dancing around?
4. How many months later do Lila and Aidan get ready for the awards dinner?
5. Why does Dave agree to leave Michele alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens once Michele is caught seeing Dave?
2. What do Sofia and Aidan decide to do about their donation? Why?
3. What does Jasmine want to do with the house Abe wants?
4. What does Anita do when she sees the governor's son?
5. What message does Higgs have for the readers at the end of the book?
6. What is Jasmine's fate? How does Abe react to this news?
7. Why does Michele's father not want her to date Dave?
8. Where is Anita planning on going? Why?
9. Describe Sofia and Aidan's life since their move to Pittsburgh.
10. What is contained in the short poem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women can learn from Eve's mistakes.
Part 1) What can women learn from their mistakes?
Part 2) How does Eve's mistake affect us all? What does this say about the power of one's mistakes?
Part 3) What mistakes have you made in your life? How did they affect you and those around you?
Essay Topic 2
The sinful woman had faith.
Part 1) What is the sinful woman's story? What is surprising about this story?
Part 2) Is her sin worse than the sin of others? Why or why not?
Part 3) How did her faith save her? What does this reveal about the importance of faith? How can faith help you? In what do you have faith? How does this affect your life?
Essay Topic 3
Samson is a formidable man.
Part 1) How is he formidable? What is his weakness? Why might this be a weakness?
Part 2) How does Sam's story help explain Samson's story?
Part 3) What does Delilah do to this man? Why does she do this?
Part 4) Why would someone go any length to improve his or her life? Is one's life still improved if it requires hurting others?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)