|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sofia when she realizes that everyone knows that they would not be giving all their money from the sale of their home?
2. The next day, Aidan returns home to tell Sofia what?
3. What does Higgs wonder about the reader?
4. What does Aiden say about the contribution to the society?
5. What does this list?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita do when she arrives at the party?
2. What is contained in the short poem?
3. What does Higgs wonder about the reader? How does Higgs feel about the Bad Girls?
4. Why does Michele's father not want her to date Dave?
5. Where is Anita planning on going? Why?
6. Describe Sofia and Aidan's life since their move to Pittsburgh.
7. How does Michele feel about Dave a dozen years later?
8. What happens to Aidan and Sofia's money?
9. What does Anita do when she sees the governor's son?
10. What do the Good and Bad Girls have in common?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mitzi felt unnoticed by her husband.
Part 1) How did she handle this feeling of neglect? Why did she feel neglected?
Part 2) How might she have handled this situation differently?
Part 3) How does her behavior affect others? How does this reinforce the idea that one's mistakes and behavior in general affect others?
Essay Topic 2
Lessons can be learned from Delilah's story.
Part 1) What can one learn from her story? Might she have learned from her own experiences? Why or why not?
Part 2) How can someone avoid behavior like Delilah's?
Part 3) What might have been Delilah's fate? What message does this send to those who act like Delilah?
Essay Topic 3
Women can learn from the woman at the well.
Part 1) What takes place in this story? What is surprising about this story? Why?
Part 2) What can be learned from this story? How can you relate to this woman and her story?
Part 3) How does this type of attitude towards others exist today? How have you witnessed it?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)