|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sofia notice about all the women?
2. What does Higgs wonder about the reader?
3. What annual awards dinner will Sofia and her husband be attending?
4. Why could Sofia not be part of the old money scene when they first moved to Pittsburgh?
5. What does Higgs remind the reader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens once Michele is caught seeing Dave?
2. Why does Michele's father not want her to date Dave?
3. How does Rae get the officers to leave?
4. What does Anita do when she sees the governor's son?
5. What does Anita do when she arrives at the party?
6. Who are the men who arrived earlier? Where are they at this point in the story?
7. What does Jasmine want to do with the house Abe wants?
8. What can Anita still not believe?
9. What does Jasmine arrange?
10. Describe Sofia and Aidan's life since their move to Pittsburgh.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michal loved David.
Part 1) Why is this a problem? Does he love her? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do the acts of another affect Michal's relationship with David? Are the emotions felt by two people truly just between these two and affected by the feelings and actions of only these two? Why or why not?
Part 3) What can be learned from Michal's story? What can one understand about God's love and the love one has for God?
Essay Topic 2
Lessons can be learned from Delilah's story.
Part 1) What can one learn from her story? Might she have learned from her own experiences? Why or why not?
Part 2) How can someone avoid behavior like Delilah's?
Part 3) What might have been Delilah's fate? What message does this send to those who act like Delilah?
Essay Topic 3
Jezebel is the baddest Bad Girl in the Bible.
Part 1) Who is Jezebel? Why is she the worst? How is her behavior worse than the others?
Part 2) How might the author be able to relate to Jezebel? How can you relate to her? What does this say about humanity?
Part 3) What can be learned from Jezebel's story?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)