|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jasmine gets on the phone and arranges for what?
2. What exists between the Good Girls and the Bad Girls?
3. What had a woman at the grocery store been putting in her bags?
4. How does Phil respond when Michele tells him she is going to Dave's concert?
5. What does this list?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sofia react to the invitation? For what is this invitation?
2. How has Rae become a Christian?
3. What happens once Michele is caught seeing Dave?
4. What does Jasmine want to do with the house Abe wants?
5. What is contained in the short poem?
6. Why are the men here?
7. How does Rae get the officers to leave?
8. What message does Higgs have for the readers at the end of the book?
9. How does Michele feel about Dave a dozen years later?
10. Who are the men who arrived earlier? Where are they at this point in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The fate of Lot's wife serves as a message to others.
Part 1) How does this serve as a message to others?
Part 2) How can you learn from her?
Part 3) Why might God not want someone to look back?
Essay Topic 2
Michal loved David.
Part 1) Why is this a problem? Does he love her? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do the acts of another affect Michal's relationship with David? Are the emotions felt by two people truly just between these two and affected by the feelings and actions of only these two? Why or why not?
Part 3) What can be learned from Michal's story? What can one understand about God's love and the love one has for God?
Essay Topic 3
Lotti had a strong desire to stay home.
Part 1) Why did she have such a strong desire?
Part 2) How did she handle this desire? What were the results of her behavior?
Part 3) What might she have done differently to deal with this desire?
Part 4) What is the purpose of her story?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)