|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the woman gets close to Jesus, what does she do?
2. How does Michele feel when she sees Dave on stage in a loincloth, dancing around?
3. Why do Sofia and her husband decide to give the million dollars and keep the extra?
4. What does Sofia notice about all the women?
5. What happened when the men tried to get the officials to listen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Higgs have for the readers at the end of the book?
2. Who are the men who arrived earlier? Where are they at this point in the story?
3. How has Rae become a Christian?
4. What can Anita still not believe?
5. How does Sofia react to the invitation? For what is this invitation?
6. Where is Anita planning on going? Why?
7. What happens once Michele is caught seeing Dave?
8. What does Jasmine want to do with the house Abe wants?
9. What is contained in the short poem?
10. What is known about Michele's husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women can learn from the woman at the well.
Part 1) What takes place in this story? What is surprising about this story? Why?
Part 2) What can be learned from this story? How can you relate to this woman and her story?
Part 3) How does this type of attitude towards others exist today? How have you witnessed it?
Essay Topic 2
Higgs reminds the reader that God loves her.
Part 1) How does this book support this statement?
Part 2) What can the reader do with this knowledge?
Part 3) What might be the purpose in reading this book? How can one benefit from it? Have you benefited from it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Michal loved David.
Part 1) Why is this a problem? Does he love her? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do the acts of another affect Michal's relationship with David? Are the emotions felt by two people truly just between these two and affected by the feelings and actions of only these two? Why or why not?
Part 3) What can be learned from Michal's story? What can one understand about God's love and the love one has for God?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)