|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did this woman kill off?
2. How does Michele spend the next day?
3. What was an important part of the first century church?
4. Who does Anita see sitting on the grass?
5. How does Jasmine react when she catches her husband Abe staring at the house across the street again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sofia and Aidan decide to do about their donation? Why?
2. What message does Higgs have for the readers at the end of the book?
3. How does Sofia react to the invitation? For what is this invitation?
4. What is Jasmine's fate? How does Abe react to this news?
5. How has Rae become a Christian?
6. Who are the men who arrived earlier? Where are they at this point in the story?
7. What does Jasmine arrange?
8. What is Jasmine's husband doing at the beginning of the story?
9. What do the Good and Bad Girls have in common?
10. Describe Sofia and Aidan's life since their move to Pittsburgh.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lessons can be learned from Delilah's story.
Part 1) What can one learn from her story? Might she have learned from her own experiences? Why or why not?
Part 2) How can someone avoid behavior like Delilah's?
Part 3) What might have been Delilah's fate? What message does this send to those who act like Delilah?
Essay Topic 2
Michal loved David.
Part 1) Why is this a problem? Does he love her? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do the acts of another affect Michal's relationship with David? Are the emotions felt by two people truly just between these two and affected by the feelings and actions of only these two? Why or why not?
Part 3) What can be learned from Michal's story? What can one understand about God's love and the love one has for God?
Essay Topic 3
The fate of Lot's wife serves as a message to others.
Part 1) How does this serve as a message to others?
Part 2) How can you learn from her?
Part 3) Why might God not want someone to look back?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)