|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgs remind the reader?
2. What does Anita realize about half the men that will be there?
3. Who stands at Rae's doorstep?
4. The next day, Aidan returns home to tell Sofia what?
5. What do Good Girls and the Bad Girls need?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jasmine's fate? How does Abe react to this news?
2. Where is Anita planning on going? Why?
3. Why are the men here?
4. What does Anita do when she arrives at the party?
5. What is contained in the short poem?
6. What is known about Michele's husband?
7. Who are the men who arrived earlier? Where are they at this point in the story?
8. What does Jasmine want to do with the house Abe wants?
9. Describe Sofia and Aidan's life since their move to Pittsburgh.
10. How has Rae become a Christian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lotti had a strong desire to stay home.
Part 1) Why did she have such a strong desire?
Part 2) How did she handle this desire? What were the results of her behavior?
Part 3) What might she have done differently to deal with this desire?
Part 4) What is the purpose of her story?
Essay Topic 2
Lot's wife looked back.
Part 1) What happened when she looked back? Why might this have happened?
Part 2) What might have caused her to look back? How can you relate to this?
Part 3) When have you looked back in your life? What were the results? How does this compare to the consequences of Lot's wife looking back?
Essay Topic 3
Higgs reminds the reader that God loves her.
Part 1) How does this book support this statement?
Part 2) What can the reader do with this knowledge?
Part 3) What might be the purpose in reading this book? How can one benefit from it? Have you benefited from it? Why or why not?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)