|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Saturday, how many men come in at closing?
2. What does Mitzi do when she calls her husband?
3. How many husbands has she had?
4. After Christopher leaves, who does Mitzi call and tell not to come?
5. How is Joseph in a situation over his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stranger do for the couple?
2. What happens when Lila touches Sam's scar? What does he say about the scar?
3. How does Mitzi get Joe alone?
4. What do three men want Lila to do? Does she agree to do it? Why?
5. After her escape, what does Ruthie plan to do? Is her plan successful?
6. How can Higgs relate to Potiphar's wife?
7. What does everyone think of the stranger's water?
8. Why does Mitzi decide to seduce Joe?
9. From whom does Higgs learn?
10. How does Lottie react when the officers first arrive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The fate of Lot's wife serves as a message to others.
Part 1) How does this serve as a message to others?
Part 2) How can you learn from her?
Part 3) Why might God not want someone to look back?
Essay Topic 2
One can learn from Rahab.
Part 1) What can one learn from Rahab?
Part 2) How is Rahab's story relevant to your own life?
Part 3) How can you behave more like Rahab? How would this change your life?
Essay Topic 3
Higgs reminds the reader that God loves her.
Part 1) How does this book support this statement?
Part 2) What can the reader do with this knowledge?
Part 3) What might be the purpose in reading this book? How can one benefit from it? Have you benefited from it? Why or why not?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)