|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Eve created?
2. Mitzi pulls Joe into the house and offers him what?
3. What vows had Samson taken?
4. How does Samson lose his strength?
5. What does Hayden tell Ruthie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Ruthie?
2. What do Sam and Lila think of each other?
3. What does Crystal have to say about her ex-husbands and current boyfriend?
4. What does Evelyn think about her father's garden? Describe this garden.
5. How does Lottie react when the officers first arrive?
6. How does Lottie convince the officers to take her back home?
7. Who is Sam Nazar? What does he do every week?
8. Why is it surprising that Jesus would speak to the Samaritan woman?
9. What does everyone think of the stranger's water?
10. How does Lottie's story end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Crystal and the Samaritan woman's stories involve water.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How is water used in each story?
Part 2) What does water symbolize in these stories? How does this affect the characters?
Part 3) What does this water symbolize in your own life? How can you gain what these women gained?
Essay Topic 2
Lotti had a strong desire to stay home.
Part 1) Why did she have such a strong desire?
Part 2) How did she handle this desire? What were the results of her behavior?
Part 3) What might she have done differently to deal with this desire?
Part 4) What is the purpose of her story?
Essay Topic 3
Mitzi felt unnoticed by her husband.
Part 1) How did she handle this feeling of neglect? Why did she feel neglected?
Part 2) How might she have handled this situation differently?
Part 3) How does her behavior affect others? How does this reinforce the idea that one's mistakes and behavior in general affect others?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)