|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hours later, how is Evelyn dressed?
2. Who fear Judge Sam Nazar?
3. What did Higgs understand about Jezebel?
4. What job does Potiphar have?
5. What did the angels warn Lot and his family not to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the men who arrived earlier? Where are they at this point in the story?
2. What is Jasmine's fate? How does Abe react to this news?
3. What does Anita do when she sees the governor's son?
4. What do the neighbors think will happen? How does Lottie feel about this?
5. Describe Sofia and Aidan's life since their move to Pittsburgh.
6. How does Crystal react to the stranger?
7. What do three men want Lila to do? Does she agree to do it? Why?
8. How does Lottie's story end?
9. How does Sofia react to the invitation? For what is this invitation?
10. What do Sam and Lila think of each other?
Essay Topic 1
Evelyn's story mirrors Eve's.
Part 1) Describe these two stories. What is the purpose for having these two parallel stories?
Part 2) What message do these stories send to readers?
Part 3) What is the purpose of telling Eve's tale through Evelyn? How does it help explain the story of Adam and Eve?
Essay Topic 2
Mitzi felt unnoticed by her husband.
Part 1) How did she handle this feeling of neglect? Why did she feel neglected?
Part 2) How might she have handled this situation differently?
Part 3) How does her behavior affect others? How does this reinforce the idea that one's mistakes and behavior in general affect others?
Essay Topic 3
Michal loved David.
Part 1) Why is this a problem? Does he love her? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do the acts of another affect Michal's relationship with David? Are the emotions felt by two people truly just between these two and affected by the feelings and actions of only these two? Why or why not?
Part 3) What can be learned from Michal's story? What can one understand about God's love and the love one has for God?
This section contains 1,869 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)