|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger do when another group of people comes in and Crystal moves to wait on them?
2. Mitzi pulls Joe into the house and offers him what?
3. Where does Lottie fall asleep?
4. What was unusual about Delilah?
5. Who is the man Christopher mentions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lottie convince the officers to take her back home?
2. Why does Mitzi frame Joe?
3. What do three men want Lila to do? Does she agree to do it? Why?
4. How does Mitzi prepare herself before Joe's arrival?
5. What happens in Evelyn's story when Adam arrives?
6. From whom does Higgs learn?
7. Who is Ruthie?
8. How does Mitzi get Joe alone?
9. Why is it surprising that Jesus would speak to the Samaritan woman?
10. Who is Sam Nazar? What does he do every week?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Readers can learn from Potiphar's wife's actions.
Part 1) What can one learn from her actions?
Part 2) How can one avoid a situation such as this?
Part 3) What should she have, once she had made her mistake? Could it have been corrected? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Women can learn from the woman at the well.
Part 1) What takes place in this story? What is surprising about this story? Why?
Part 2) What can be learned from this story? How can you relate to this woman and her story?
Part 3) How does this type of attitude towards others exist today? How have you witnessed it?
Essay Topic 3
Rahab had courage.
Part 1) Describe Rahab's story. How did she show courage?
Part 2) What does this courage reveal about Rahab? What gave Rahab her courage?
Part 3) What does Rahab's courage say about God's love and power?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)