|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Higgs relate to Potiphar's wife?
2. A week later, what happens in the Cascades?
3. How does the woman challenge Jesus a bit?
4. What does Higgs argue is the lesson of this particular story?
5. When the time comes for Lottie and her family to leave, what does she do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Devin do to convince her to go to the gazebo?
2. What do Sam and Lila think of each other?
3. How does Lottie convince the officers to take her back home?
4. How can Higgs relate to Potiphar's wife?
5. How does Mitzi get Joe alone?
6. What does everyone think of the stranger's water?
7. What was the opinion of Samaritans in Jesus' day?
8. What do three men want Lila to do? Does she agree to do it? Why?
9. What takes place at the at the party prior to Evelyn's introduction into society?
10. What do the neighbors think will happen? How does Lottie feel about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michal loved David.
Part 1) Why is this a problem? Does he love her? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do the acts of another affect Michal's relationship with David? Are the emotions felt by two people truly just between these two and affected by the feelings and actions of only these two? Why or why not?
Part 3) What can be learned from Michal's story? What can one understand about God's love and the love one has for God?
Essay Topic 2
Lotti had a strong desire to stay home.
Part 1) Why did she have such a strong desire?
Part 2) How did she handle this desire? What were the results of her behavior?
Part 3) What might she have done differently to deal with this desire?
Part 4) What is the purpose of her story?
Essay Topic 3
Evelyn's story mirrors Eve's.
Part 1) Describe these two stories. What is the purpose for having these two parallel stories?
Part 2) What message do these stories send to readers?
Part 3) What is the purpose of telling Eve's tale through Evelyn? How does it help explain the story of Adam and Eve?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)