|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Devin's kiss taste to Evelyn?
2. Why does Crystal like to work during these times?
3. What vows had Samson taken?
4. What did Samson's enemies offer Delilah in exchange for Samson?
5. How does Mitzi answer the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hayden tells Ruthie to get over in the car, her new car, so that he can drive. Ruthie slides across the seat, but puts a hand on the door handle. She shoves the door open and tumbles out.
2. What is contained in the short poem?
3. Why are the men here?
4. What does Jasmine want to do with the house Abe wants?
5. According to Higgs, how many women plan to be bad girls? What makes someone a bad girl?
6. What happens when Lila touches Sam's scar? What does he say about the scar?
7. What do the Good and Bad Girls have in common?
8. What does Evelyn think about her father's garden? Describe this garden.
9. Describe Samson.
10. What is Jasmine's fate? How does Abe react to this news?
Essay Topic 1
The sinful woman had faith.
Part 1) What is the sinful woman's story? What is surprising about this story?
Part 2) Is her sin worse than the sin of others? Why or why not?
Part 3) How did her faith save her? What does this reveal about the importance of faith? How can faith help you? In what do you have faith? How does this affect your life?
Essay Topic 2
Samson is a formidable man.
Part 1) How is he formidable? What is his weakness? Why might this be a weakness?
Part 2) How does Sam's story help explain Samson's story?
Part 3) What does Delilah do to this man? Why does she do this?
Part 4) Why would someone go any length to improve his or her life? Is one's life still improved if it requires hurting others?
Essay Topic 3
Lessons can be learned from Delilah's story.
Part 1) What can one learn from her story? Might she have learned from her own experiences? Why or why not?
Part 2) How can someone avoid behavior like Delilah's?
Part 3) What might have been Delilah's fate? What message does this send to those who act like Delilah?
This section contains 1,874 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)