|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Higgs have trouble learning from the women who get it right all the time?
2. On Saturday, how many men come in at closing?
3. What does Lila wish about Sam?
4. What happens when Lila touches a scar on the judge's head?
5. When all the men of the city came to Lot's house, what did they demand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Crystal react to the stranger?
2. What does Crystal have to say about her ex-husbands and current boyfriend?
3. Hayden tells Ruthie to get over in the car, her new car, so that he can drive. Ruthie slides across the seat, but puts a hand on the door handle. She shoves the door open and tumbles out.
4. What takes place at the at the party prior to Evelyn's introduction into society?
5. What did God not want mankind to know? Why?
6. From whom does Higgs learn?
7. How does Mitzi get Joe alone?
8. What does Evelyn think about her father's garden? Describe this garden.
9. What has happened to Ruthie?
10. What do Sam and Lila think of each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evelyn's story mirrors Eve's.
Part 1) Describe these two stories. What is the purpose for having these two parallel stories?
Part 2) What message do these stories send to readers?
Part 3) What is the purpose of telling Eve's tale through Evelyn? How does it help explain the story of Adam and Eve?
Essay Topic 2
Mitzi felt unnoticed by her husband.
Part 1) How did she handle this feeling of neglect? Why did she feel neglected?
Part 2) How might she have handled this situation differently?
Part 3) How does her behavior affect others? How does this reinforce the idea that one's mistakes and behavior in general affect others?
Essay Topic 3
Samson is a formidable man.
Part 1) How is he formidable? What is his weakness? Why might this be a weakness?
Part 2) How does Sam's story help explain Samson's story?
Part 3) What does Delilah do to this man? Why does she do this?
Part 4) Why would someone go any length to improve his or her life? Is one's life still improved if it requires hurting others?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)