|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Potiphar's wife present in the Bible?
2. What does Higgs argue is the lesson of this particular story?
3. Where does Lottie fall asleep?
4. Why is Crystal impatient with this man?
5. Has Ruthie ever experienced something like this before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the neighbors think will happen? How does Lottie feel about this?
2. What does everyone think of the stranger's water?
3. What foreshadows the massive volcano eruption?
4. How does Crystal react to the stranger?
5. Describe Samson.
6. What takes place at the at the party prior to Evelyn's introduction into society?
7. What precedes Mitzi's seduction of Joe?
8. What does Devin do to convince her to go to the gazebo?
9. How can Higgs relate to Potiphar's wife?
10. Why does Mitzi decide to seduce Joe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evelyn's story mirrors Eve's.
Part 1) Describe these two stories. What is the purpose for having these two parallel stories?
Part 2) What message do these stories send to readers?
Part 3) What is the purpose of telling Eve's tale through Evelyn? How does it help explain the story of Adam and Eve?
Essay Topic 2
The author can relate to these Bad Girls of the Bible.
Part 1) Why can she relate to them? Can she relate to the good ones? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why might the stories of the Bad Girls exist in the Bible?
Part 3) What do these Bad Girls reveal about God? Based on this book, what does God want His people to understand? How do these Bad Girls help with delivering this message?
Essay Topic 3
Crystal and the Samaritan woman's stories involve water.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How is water used in each story?
Part 2) What does water symbolize in these stories? How does this affect the characters?
Part 3) What does this water symbolize in your own life? How can you gain what these women gained?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)