|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is it known why Lot's wife acted the way she did?
2. Why is it easy for Evelyn to obey her father?
3. How does the woman challenge Jesus a bit?
4. What does Ruthie do after she slides across the seat?
5. How does Joseph get blamed for acting inappropriately with Potiphar's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at the at the party prior to Evelyn's introduction into society?
2. How does Lottie's story end?
3. What do three men want Lila to do? Does she agree to do it? Why?
4. What is unusual about Delilah?
5. Describe Samson.
6. Why does Mitzi frame Joe?
7. Why does Mitzi decide to seduce Joe?
8. What precedes Mitzi's seduction of Joe?
9. What happens in Evelyn's story when Adam arrives?
10. What do the neighbors think will happen? How does Lottie feel about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Samson is a formidable man.
Part 1) How is he formidable? What is his weakness? Why might this be a weakness?
Part 2) How does Sam's story help explain Samson's story?
Part 3) What does Delilah do to this man? Why does she do this?
Part 4) Why would someone go any length to improve his or her life? Is one's life still improved if it requires hurting others?
Essay Topic 2
Michal loved David.
Part 1) Why is this a problem? Does he love her? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do the acts of another affect Michal's relationship with David? Are the emotions felt by two people truly just between these two and affected by the feelings and actions of only these two? Why or why not?
Part 3) What can be learned from Michal's story? What can one understand about God's love and the love one has for God?
Essay Topic 3
Women can learn from the woman at the well.
Part 1) What takes place in this story? What is surprising about this story? Why?
Part 2) What can be learned from this story? How can you relate to this woman and her story?
Part 3) How does this type of attitude towards others exist today? How have you witnessed it?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)