|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mitzi lean toward her husband?
2. What did Ruthie not see coming toward her face until it was too late?
3. What does Higgs argue is the best word to describe Delilah?
4. What was unusual about Delilah?
5. What did Samson's enemies offer Delilah in exchange for Samson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Crystal have to say about her ex-husbands and current boyfriend?
2. Hayden tells Ruthie to get over in the car, her new car, so that he can drive. Ruthie slides across the seat, but puts a hand on the door handle. She shoves the door open and tumbles out.
3. What does Devin do to convince her to go to the gazebo?
4. How can Higgs relate to Potiphar's wife?
5. Who is Sam Nazar? What does he do every week?
6. Describe Samson.
7. What does Evelyn think about her father's garden? Describe this garden.
8. What do Sam and Lila think of each other?
9. According to Higgs, how many women plan to be bad girls? What makes someone a bad girl?
10. Why is it surprising that Jesus would speak to the Samaritan woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Samson is a formidable man.
Part 1) How is he formidable? What is his weakness? Why might this be a weakness?
Part 2) How does Sam's story help explain Samson's story?
Part 3) What does Delilah do to this man? Why does she do this?
Part 4) Why would someone go any length to improve his or her life? Is one's life still improved if it requires hurting others?
Essay Topic 2
Mitzi felt unnoticed by her husband.
Part 1) How did she handle this feeling of neglect? Why did she feel neglected?
Part 2) How might she have handled this situation differently?
Part 3) How does her behavior affect others? How does this reinforce the idea that one's mistakes and behavior in general affect others?
Essay Topic 3
Evelyn's story mirrors Eve's.
Part 1) Describe these two stories. What is the purpose for having these two parallel stories?
Part 2) What message do these stories send to readers?
Part 3) What is the purpose of telling Eve's tale through Evelyn? How does it help explain the story of Adam and Eve?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)