|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Samson awake to find himself?
2. What happens when Lila touches a scar on the judge's head?
3. How does Samson lose his strength?
4. What does Hayden tell Ruthie?
5. Why does Hayden tell Ruthie to get over in the car, her new car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lottie convince the officers to take her back home?
2. Why does Mitzi frame Joe?
3. What is Jasmine's fate? How does Abe react to this news?
4. How does Crystal react to the stranger?
5. Where is Anita planning on going? Why?
6. How has Rae become a Christian?
7. Describe Samson.
8. How does Michele feel about Dave a dozen years later?
9. What does Anita do when she arrives at the party?
10. What are some reasons for why Lot's wife looked back?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Crystal and the Samaritan woman's stories involve water.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How is water used in each story?
Part 2) What does water symbolize in these stories? How does this affect the characters?
Part 3) What does this water symbolize in your own life? How can you gain what these women gained?
Essay Topic 2
Women can learn from the woman at the well.
Part 1) What takes place in this story? What is surprising about this story? Why?
Part 2) What can be learned from this story? How can you relate to this woman and her story?
Part 3) How does this type of attitude towards others exist today? How have you witnessed it?
Essay Topic 3
Evelyn's story mirrors Eve's.
Part 1) Describe these two stories. What is the purpose for having these two parallel stories?
Part 2) What message do these stories send to readers?
Part 3) What is the purpose of telling Eve's tale through Evelyn? How does it help explain the story of Adam and Eve?
This section contains 1,867 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)