|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evelyn see in Adam's eyes after she kisses him?
2. Why is Crystal surprised at the couple's response to this man?
3. Does Higgs believe that women have the ambition to be a bad girl?
4. How does Delilah's name translate?
5. How does Joseph get blamed for acting inappropriately with Potiphar's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Crystal react to the stranger?
2. What foreshadows the massive volcano eruption?
3. What do Sam and Lila think of each other?
4. What does everyone think of the stranger's water?
5. What does Evelyn think about her father's garden? Describe this garden.
6. How does Evelyn meet Devin?
7. How does Mitzi get Joe alone?
8. Why is it surprising that Jesus would speak to the Samaritan woman?
9. What happens in Evelyn's story when Adam arrives?
10. Who is Sam Nazar? What does he do every week?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sapphira and Ananias lie.
Part 1) Who are Sapphira and Ananias? What is their story?
Part 2) How do they end up lying? Why do they lie? How does this lie hurt them and others?
Part 3) What can one learn from this lie? How can this behavior be avoided?
Essay Topic 2
Samson is a formidable man.
Part 1) How is he formidable? What is his weakness? Why might this be a weakness?
Part 2) How does Sam's story help explain Samson's story?
Part 3) What does Delilah do to this man? Why does she do this?
Part 4) Why would someone go any length to improve his or her life? Is one's life still improved if it requires hurting others?
Essay Topic 3
One can learn from Rahab.
Part 1) What can one learn from Rahab?
Part 2) How is Rahab's story relevant to your own life?
Part 3) How can you behave more like Rahab? How would this change your life?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)