|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evelyn see in Adam's eyes after she kisses him?
2. What does this man tell Evelyn about her father?
3. Why does Mitzi lean toward her husband?
4. How does Mitzi answer the door?
5. Samson and who had been battling for years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Evelyn's story when Adam arrives?
2. What foreshadows the massive volcano eruption?
3. Who is Ruthie?
4. Why is it surprising that Jesus would speak to the Samaritan woman?
5. What do three men want Lila to do? Does she agree to do it? Why?
6. What does everyone think of the stranger's water?
7. Who is Sam Nazar? What does he do every week?
8. What are some reasons for why Lot's wife looked back?
9. What precedes Mitzi's seduction of Joe?
10. Why does Mitzi frame Joe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Samson is a formidable man.
Part 1) How is he formidable? What is his weakness? Why might this be a weakness?
Part 2) How does Sam's story help explain Samson's story?
Part 3) What does Delilah do to this man? Why does she do this?
Part 4) Why would someone go any length to improve his or her life? Is one's life still improved if it requires hurting others?
Essay Topic 2
Jezebel is the baddest Bad Girl in the Bible.
Part 1) Who is Jezebel? Why is she the worst? How is her behavior worse than the others?
Part 2) How might the author be able to relate to Jezebel? How can you relate to her? What does this say about humanity?
Part 3) What can be learned from Jezebel's story?
Essay Topic 3
One can learn from Rahab.
Part 1) What can one learn from Rahab?
Part 2) How is Rahab's story relevant to your own life?
Part 3) How can you behave more like Rahab? How would this change your life?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)