|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger do when another group of people comes in and Crystal moves to wait on them?
(a) He goes behind the bar to get another glass.
(b) He sits down to wait.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He talks to other patrons.
2. How was Eve created?
(a) From thin air.
(b) From dust.
(c) From the earth.
(d) From Adam's rib.
3. Why does Crystal like to work during these times?
(a) She likes to stay busy and make a lot of money.
(b) She wants to work all the time to avoid her life.
(c) There are not too many people or bad memories coming through the door.
(d) She would rather not work but stay home with her children.
4. At the end of the story, what happens to the woman's shame?
(a) It becomes part of her past.
(b) It still exists.
(c) It becomes her future.
(d) It is a part of her.
5. Why does Joseph refuse Potiphar's wife?
(a) He is already married.
(b) He does not want to abuse his master's trust or God's.
(c) He does not find her attractive.
(d) He does not love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Higgs came across Jezebel?
2. Does Potiphar's wife care about Joseph?
3. What has the man left at Mitzi's house?
4. What does Higgs argue is the lesson of this particular story?
5. Where does Lottie fall asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Devin do to convince her to go to the gazebo?
2. How does Lottie convince the officers to take her back home?
3. What foreshadows the massive volcano eruption?
4. How can Higgs relate to Potiphar's wife?
5. What was the opinion of Samaritans in Jesus' day?
6. What precedes Mitzi's seduction of Joe?
7. What happens when Lila touches Sam's scar? What does he say about the scar?
8. How does Lottie's story end?
9. Who is Ruthie?
10. After her escape, what does Ruthie plan to do? Is her plan successful?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)