|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had a woman at the grocery store been putting in her bags?
(a) Stolen goods.
2. What happened to Nate?
(a) He moved.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He sold the house.
3. What was an important part of the first century church?
4. According to the Bible, what is Rahab?
(a) A harlot.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A doctor.
5. How does Michele feel when she sees Dave on stage in a loincloth, dancing around?
6. What happens to Sofia when she realizes that everyone knows that they would not be giving all their money from the sale of their home?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She faints.
(c) She dies.
(d) She collapses.
7. What happened when the men tried to get the officials to listen?
(a) They were thanked.
(b) They sent the cops after them.
(c) They were listened to.
(d) They were ignored.
8. What can Anita not believe that she thought she would be able to do?
(a) Not be noticed.
(b) Walk right up to the governor and shake his hand.
(c) Make friends.
(d) Stay for a short time.
9. Who did this woman kill off?
(a) Those who were not followers of God.
(b) God's prophets.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her family.
10. What do the men tell Rae to paint on her roof?
(a) A big blue circle.
(b) A big yellow dot.
(c) A big red X.
(d) A big orange square.
11. What does this say about God?
(a) He loves only the sinless.
(b) He should be feared.
(c) He only changes the lives of those who deserve it.
(d) He has the power to change their lives if they ask.
12. Does the governor like Anita's behavior?
(a) Very little.
13. How does Michele describe her husband?
(a) Annoying and insulting.
(b) Quiet and shy.
(c) Safe and attentive.
(d) Controlling and unkind.
14. What does Higgs include at the end of this book?
(a) A letter.
(b) A short poem.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A short essay.
15. Jasmine gets on the phone and arranges for what?
(a) An apartment for herself.
(b) A new home for her and her husband.
(c) A loan.
(d) The deed to the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Sofia not be part of the old money scene when they first moved to Pittsburgh?
2. What does Jasmine promise Abe?
3. Why does Michele's father not like about Dave's music?
4. What does Sofia notice about all the women?
5. Why did Saul allow Michal to marry David?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)