|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men agree to do for Rae and her family?
(a) Pray for them.
(b) Leave them a car.
(c) Give them money.
(d) Come back for them.
2. How has Anita just been released from prison?
(a) She got off early for good behavior.
(b) She served her prison term.
(c) The governor of South Carolina decided to pardon her.
(d) She was found innocent.
3. What happens to Sofia when she realizes that everyone knows that they would not be giving all their money from the sale of their home?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She faints.
(c) She collapses.
(d) She dies.
4. How does Jasmine react when she catches her husband Abe staring at the house across the street again?
5. Who does Anita see sitting on the grass?
(a) The governor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) The governor's son.
6. How does Michele spend the next day?
(a) Acting like a teenager.
7. How many months later do Lila and Aidan get ready for the awards dinner?
8. Does Abe care house Jasmine managed to get the house?
(b) He is very worried.
(d) He is very curious.
9. When had Sofia and Aidan moved to Pittsburgh?
(a) One year ago.
(b) Ten years ago.
(c) Twenty years ago.
(d) Six months ago.
10. What does Higgs remind the reader?
(a) God loves her.
(b) She is a Bad Girl.
(c) She is a sinner.
(d) She cannot be saved.
11. What can Anita not believe that she thought she would be able to do?
(a) Not be noticed.
(b) Walk right up to the governor and shake his hand.
(c) Make friends.
(d) Stay for a short time.
12. Why were the men sent from God to San Francisco?
(a) To bother the police.
(b) To save lives.
(c) To annoy the city officials.
(d) To save her.
13. What annual awards dinner will Sofia and her husband be attending?
(a) The Descendants of the Glorious Dead.
(b) The Audubon Society.
(c) The Three Rivers Philanthropic Society.
(d) The Sierra Club.
14. What can Anita still not believe?
(a) The governor pardoned her from all her crimes.
(b) They finally believed she was innocent.
(c) Her prison term is over.
(d) She got off early.
15. For what has Sofia been waiting for years?
(a) A home of her own.
(b) An invitation.
(c) A salaried job.
(d) True love.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the woman gets close to Jesus, what does she do?
2. What had a woman at the grocery store been putting in her bags?
3. What had Rockstone Community Church once been?
4. Why could Sofia not be part of the old money scene when they first moved to Pittsburgh?
5. Will badness keep them out? Christ can save both.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)