|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lottie want to videotape all of the cabin's contents?
(a) If anything happens, she'll need that to get the insurance money.
(b) So she can buy all new things.
(c) So she can remember them when they are gone.
(d) To show her grandchildren.
2. What does the stranger tell Crystal about his water?
(a) It will not quench one's thirst.
(b) It is like any water.
(c) It is available for only a limited time.
(d) It is life.
3. What does the stranger do when another group of people comes in and Crystal moves to wait on them?
(a) He talks to other patrons.
(b) He goes behind the bar to get another glass.
(c) He sits down to wait.
(d) He leaves.
4. What did Samson's enemies offer Delilah in exchange for Samson?
(d) A home.
5. Why is Crystal impatient with this man?
(a) She thinks he is hitting on her.
(b) He cannot decide what he wants to order.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She has too many customers to deal with.
6. What does Higgs argue is the lesson of this particular story?
(a) Women need to follow their husband's instructions.
(b) Women should protect those they love with their lives.
(c) Women need to follow God's message when he tells them to go and not look back at their previous lives.
(d) Women should be careful where they walk.
7. Where did Delilah live?
(a) The valley between the lands of the Philistines and the Israelites.
(b) The valley between the lands of the Egyptians and the Israelites.
(c) The valley between the lands of the Livites and the Israelites.
(d) The valley between the lands of the Amorites and the Israelites.
8. How does Joseph get blamed for acting inappropriately with Potiphar's wife?
(a) He protects her by admitting to attacking her.
(b) He admits to acting inappropriately.
(c) She convinces Joseph to admit to inappropriate acts.
(d) She calls her servants and makes it look like Joseph has tried to attack her.
9. What did Higgs understand about Jezebel?
(a) Her desire to hurt others.
(b) Her outbursts, need for control, and pushy personality.
(c) Her introverted and quiet personality.
(d) Her low self-esteem.
10. What did Lot offer the men of the city?
(a) A place to sleep.
(d) His daughters.
11. Does Higgs believe that women have the ambition to be a bad girl?
(d) Not often.
12. Who is Evelyn's best friend?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
13. What job does Potiphar have?
(a) He is a lowly slave of Pharoah.
(b) He is the head guard of Pharaoh's prisons.
(c) He is the head of Pharaoh's security.
(d) He is Pharaoh.
14. Why does the author want to look at the women of the Bible who got things wrong?
(a) To see what the outcomes are when one misbehaves.
(b) To see what they can teach the women of today.
(c) To feel better about herself.
(d) To see how much better she is than them.
15. What is special about Lottie's cabin?
(a) It is large.
(b) She designed it herself.
(c) It is high on Mount St. Helens.
(d) It is very expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgs argue is the best word to describe Delilah?
2. How does Potiphar react when he learns of the incident?
3. After Christopher leaves, who does Mitzi call and tell not to come?
4. Why does Crystal see no point in marrying Mick?
5. Why does God create Eve?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)