|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hayden tell Ruthie to get over in the car, her new car?
(a) So she can open a present he wants to give her.
(b) So she can take a nap.
(c) So she can drive.
(d) So he can drive.
2. How does Joseph get blamed for acting inappropriately with Potiphar's wife?
(a) She convinces Joseph to admit to inappropriate acts.
(b) She calls her servants and makes it look like Joseph has tried to attack her.
(c) He protects her by admitting to attacking her.
(d) He admits to acting inappropriately.
3. Lottie stands looking across what?
(a) Salamandar Creek.
(b) Spirit Lake.
(c) Salvation Pond.
(d) Silver Lake.
4. What do both Adam and Evelyn love?
(a) Their home.
(d) The outdoors.
5. Does Higgs believe that women have the ambition to be a bad girl?
(c) Not often.
6. When does Crystal prefer to work?
(a) All the time.
(b) During quiet shifts.
(d) During the busy shifts.
7. Why does Evelyn walk outside?
(a) She decides she needs some air.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is tired of the party.
(d) She wants to get away from Adam.
8. A week later, what happens in the Cascades?
(a) Mount St. Helens blasts steam from its top and sulfurous gases spew out at random times.
(b) Lightning strikes several trees and homes.
(c) A bear is spotted.
(d) A tornado rips through the forest.
9. Every week while Lila did these tasks, what did he do?
(a) He laughed.
(b) He argued.
(c) He talked.
(d) He fell asleep.
10. On Saturday, how many men come in at closing?
11. What does Evelyn see in Adam's eyes after she kisses him?
12. What has the man left at Mitzi's house?
(a) His tie.
(b) His watch.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His wallet.
13. Why does the author want to look at the women of the Bible who got things wrong?
(a) To see how much better she is than them.
(b) To see what they can teach the women of today.
(c) To see what the outcomes are when one misbehaves.
(d) To feel better about herself.
14. What did Higgs understand about Jezebel?
(a) Her desire to hurt others.
(b) Her low self-esteem.
(c) Her outbursts, need for control, and pushy personality.
(d) Her introverted and quiet personality.
15. What did Ruthie not see coming toward her face until it was too late?
(a) The fist.
(b) The bird.
(c) The rain.
(d) The windshield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this stranger give the couple?
2. Where is Evelyn's father's garden?
3. What is Ruthie hoping to do?
4. Has Ruthie ever experienced something like this before?
5. Who is this strange man?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)