Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul Weyrich is defined by Faludi as all the following EXCEPT:
(a) Considering feminism as a dead issue.
(b) Founder of the Heritage Foundation.
(c) Viewing women's liberation as a dangerous lie.
(d) The "Father of the New Right."
2. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by <i>Fortune</i> magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
(a) It finds no gender gap--both men and women are putting family over professional advancement.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more women than men putting family over professional advancement.
(d) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more men than women putting family over professional advancement.
3. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
(a) <i>Flashdance. </i>
(b) <i>Private Benjamin</i>.
(c) <i>The Graduate</i>.
(d) <i>Fatal Attraction</i>.
4. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
(a) Long-standing support for women's rights.
(b) An undercurrent of resentment against working fathers.
(c) A culture of support for working mothers.
(d) Long-standing resistance to women's rights.
5. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
Short Answer Questions
1. According to <i>Backlash</i>, the press uses the Harvard-Yale study to scare women into marrying "just to beat the 'odds'." At the same time, they overlook which of the following types of data?
2. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
3. According to Toni Grant, self-assertion for women is abnormal and relinquishing control is naturally feminine. Therefore, when women attempt to control their own destiny they are in fact showing that they are _____________.
4. Which of the following women is a Harvard-educated lawyer and author of nine books who twice runs for Congress?
5. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)