Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Limiting, increasing.
(b) Limiting, limiting.
(c) Increasing, limiting.
(d) Increasing, increasing.
2. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
3. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
(a) David Bloom.
(b) Jeanne Moorman.
(c) Neil Bennett.
(d) Patricia Craig.
4. According to <i>Backlash</i>, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
(a) Research on children's opinions.
(b) Grassroots movements of husbands and fathers.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Popular culture.
5. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
(a) When women's clinics are firebombed.
(b) When women's clinics are awarded additional funding.
(c) When women's clinics are shut down due to systematic lobbying efforts.
(d) When prominent politicians deliver speeches against feminism.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
2. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
3. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and <i>Cosmopolitan</i> warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
4. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
5. <i>Backlash</i> is written in which decade?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)