|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ and ________, two demographers at the Census Bureau, re-run the Harvard-Yale study using 1980 data and find a major flaw in the study and its calculations.
(a) Neil Bennett, David Bloom.
(b) David Bloom, Jeanne Moorman.
(c) Patricia Craig, Neil Bennett.
(d) Jeanne Moorman, Robert Fay.
2. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Limiting, increasing.
(b) Increasing, increasing.
(c) Limiting, limiting.
(d) Increasing, limiting.
3. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
(b) The Equal Rights Amendment.
(c) The Office of Domestic Violence.
(d) The Vice President.
4. <i>Backlash</i> is written in which decade?
5. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
(a) Their married, child-bearing peers.
(b) Paupers, fools, and foreigners.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Families in other industrialized nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the book <i>Backlash</i>, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
2. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
3. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
4. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
5. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)