Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the summer following the 1988 election, which women's organization held a conference at which a motion passes to discuss a third political party?
(a) National Organization for Women.
(b) Women's Agenda Conference.
(c) Eagle Forum.
(d) Concerned Women for America.
2. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and <i>Cosmopolitan</i> warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
(a) Depression, loneliness, and an empty bank account.
(b) An empty bank account, bitterness, and loneliness.
(c) Childlessness, bitterness, and financial ruin.
(d) Loneliness, depression, and childlessness.
3. Which of the following women is cited in the book as being consistently shut out of the Emmys, disapproved of in public by George Bush, and having a nationwide club formed just to hate and revile her?
(a) Mae West.
(b) Glenn Close.
(c) Murphy Brown.
(d) Roseanne Barr.
4. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
(b) The Equal Rights Amendment.
(c) The Vice President.
(d) The Office of Domestic Violence.
5. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
(a) They avoid movies in which women are not treated equally and support movies that show they are progressive and in support of the feminist movement.
(b) By watching tapes at home men develop bitter grudges and ongoing fears about women.
(c) In dark theaters men work out deep-seated resentments and fears about women.
(d) When watching movies with female partners, men cow them into silence by shouting at the screen.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
2. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with <i>Good Housekeeping</i> the worst off and <i>Working Woman</i> the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of <i>Working Woman</i>?
3. According to Faludi, Randall Terry is a leading figure in the antiabortion movement and his emotional baggage dates from which of the following?
4. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
5. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)