|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1988, at every level, writes Faludi, women candidates above the state legislature are at record low numbers and those who run generally lose. What does Faludi blame for this trend?
(a) The "public drubbing" of Geraldine Ferraro.
(b) The anti-activist agenda pushed by Charlene Heatherly.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) The hard-nosed tactics used by the press against any woman candidate.
2. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and <i>Cosmopolitan</i> warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
(a) Childlessness, bitterness, and financial ruin.
(b) Loneliness, depression, and childlessness.
(c) An empty bank account, bitterness, and loneliness.
(d) Depression, loneliness, and an empty bank account.
3. Part 3, "Origins of a Reaction: Backlash Movers, Shakers, and Thinkers," begins by looking at "The Politics of Resentment: The ___________ War on Women."
(a) New Right's.
(b) National Anti-Feminist Movement.
(c) Christian Right's.
(d) American Right's.
4. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
(a) Husband shortage.
(b) Biological clock.
(c) Mommy syndrome.
(d) Feminism movement.
5. According to Faludi, male crews comment that there are "too many women" on the job. This is reinforced by management's tendency to which of the following?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Demote men while promoting women.
(c) Show preferential treatment to women in meetings.
(d) Blame affirmative action when rejecting male applicants.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the <i>Fortune</i> magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
2. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
3. Christine Craft is demoted for which of the following reasons?
4. NBC and ABC use which of the following to undercut women's efforts to organize?
5. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)