|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fictional character does Dave compare Elsie to
2. What kind of kiss did David give Kate before she left?
3. What time is dinner on Saturday.
4. What sport is Dave convinced to play with Kate?
5. How had Howie's weight changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
2. Why was it okay in David's mind to be tuned out?
3. Why did Howie and Slik show up at David's house?
4. What did Dave have in mind for Kate's six weeks off?
5. Why did Elsie call Kate stupid?
6. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
7. How did Kate look to Dave?
8. Why was David considering buying Kate three Porsches?
9. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
10. Why was Kate mad at David?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In terms of literature, what kind of character is Kate? What about Dave? Could both be considered the same kind of character? Why or why not? Is Kate the only kind of character like this in the novel? If so, why do you think that is? If not, who else can be considered to possess the same character description?
Essay Topic 2
Dave was so afraid to show Kate his third floor that he locked it up tight every time she was over. How do you think the story would have progressed if he would have shown her the room earlier? What do you think Kate's move would have been in that instance?
Essay Topic 3
Try to provide a reason why some people are work-a-holics. In what ways can working too hard contribute to a shorter life span? What kinds of health defects can occur from not taking proper care of oneself? Explain some ways people reduce stress after working very hard.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)