|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time was Kate most lonely?
2. What was going to be played at the evenings rehearsal?
3. What time does Kate have her students?
4. Where did David invite her parents?
5. What were Elsie and Grace drinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was it evident that Dave loved Kate?
2. What was the first thing that made Kate's heart flop for during the evening?
3. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
4. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
5. How did Kate create a catastrophe at the concert hall?
6. Why did Howie blush?
7. Why was Kate mad at David?
8. Why was it okay in David's mind to be tuned out?
9. What did Dave have in mind for Kate's six weeks off?
10. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Speculate on the point of reading romance novels. What does it provide, if anything, to the reader? Do you think they are important to society? Why or why not? What is realistic about them? What is more fantasy than realism? Explain why you feel this way.
Essay Topic 2
Try to provide a reason why some people are work-a-holics. In what ways can working too hard contribute to a shorter life span? What kinds of health defects can occur from not taking proper care of oneself? Explain some ways people reduce stress after working very hard.
Essay Topic 3
How does Kate's passion say a lot about who she is? How can you tell about someone's personality by their interests? What can you tell? Describe a personality profile for Dave and for Kate based on what they like to do, and their jobs.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)