|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did the carpenters and roofers leave?
2. What did he think they might name their firstborn?
3. How long was the vacation Kate was given?
4. What color was Kate's mothers' shirt?
5. What kind of festival did Kate and Dave have on Thursday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kate get so worked up about her mom coming for dinner on Saturday?
2. What did Dave have in mind for Kate's six weeks off?
3. How did Dave feel about rattling Kate's composure every once in awhile.
4. Why did Howie and Slik show up at David's house?
5. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
6. What made Kate furious?
7. Why was it okay in David's mind to be tuned out?
8. Why was David considering buying Kate three Porsches?
9. How did Kate create a catastrophe at the concert hall?
10. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the kitten Kate lost represent to her? What literary device is this? What did it mean to Kate when she had lost it? Do you think this is a normal reaction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Kate? What kind of life does she lead? Explain how Kate and Dave's personalities actually compliment each other. What kind of life awaits them later on?
Essay Topic 3
How does Kate's passion say a lot about who she is? How can you tell about someone's personality by their interests? What can you tell? Describe a personality profile for Dave and for Kate based on what they like to do, and their jobs.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)