|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What couldn't she get within three feet of without getting a rush?
2. Who is Howie actually?
3. What time is dinner on Saturday.
4. Who was the first person to call bingo?
5. What started the chaos in the music hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was it evident that Dave loved Kate?
2. Why did Elsie call Kate stupid?
3. Why did Kate get so worked up about her mom coming for dinner on Saturday?
4. What was the first thing that made Kate's heart flop for during the evening?
5. Why does David want to teach Kate how to play football?
6. Why did Howie blush?
7. How did Kate look to Dave?
8. Why was David's hand between Kate's thighs while he was driving?
9. Why was it okay in David's mind to be tuned out?
10. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast David and Kate. Explain how they are suited for one another romantically, and how they differ from each other. Would you have thought that these two types of personalities would get along? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why romance is seldom like it is in books. What elements are usually missing in real life? What kinds of things do the characters do, or that they experience, appears to be fantastical in elements, or situations?
Essay Topic 3
Speculate on the point of the house across the street blowing up. What kind of affect do you think this has on the plot line? Do you think this affect could have been achieved in another manner? Explain how or why not.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)