|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time was Kate most lonely?
2. What kind of food did Kate want with her bingo winnings?
3. Why didn't Kate have any power?
4. What would she have done if she would have had more time?
5. What was Elsie's hankie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dave have in mind for Kate's six weeks off?
2. Why was Kate mad at David?
3. What made Kate furious?
4. What was the first thing that made Kate's heart flop for during the evening?
5. How did Dave know who the camera belonged to?
6. Why did Howie blush?
7. What made Kate feel more secure in her own home?
8. Why was David's hand between Kate's thighs while he was driving?
9. How was it evident that Dave loved Kate?
10. Why did Elsie call Kate stupid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the kitten Kate lost represent to her? What literary device is this? What did it mean to Kate when she had lost it? Do you think this is a normal reaction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the kittens. What does her kitten represent to Kate? Why is she so distraught when the kitten is missing? Speculate on the gifts of multiple kittens. What kind of symbol do you think this could represent?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person is Kate? What kind of life does she lead? Explain how Kate and Dave's personalities actually compliment each other. What kind of life awaits them later on?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)