|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dave think Kate thought about him?
2. What is the worst thing of all about having her mother over for dinner?
3. What time is dinner on Saturday.
4. Why didn't Kate have any power?
5. What movie does David put in the DVD player?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
2. How was it evident that Dave loved Kate?
3. What did Dave have in mind for Kate's six weeks off?
4. How did Kate look to Dave?
5. What was the first thing that made Kate's heart flop for during the evening?
6. Why was David's hand between Kate's thighs while he was driving?
7. Why did Howie blush?
8. Why did Elsie call Kate stupid?
9. Why was it okay in David's mind to be tuned out?
10. Why did Howie and Slik show up at David's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Janet Evanovich juxtaposes many different characters along side each other in her novels. What do you think is the purpose of such juxtaposition? How well do you think Kate and Dave are suited to each other? Grace and Michael? Elsie and Gus? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Dave was so afraid to show Kate his third floor that he locked it up tight every time she was over. How do you think the story would have progressed if he would have shown her the room earlier? What do you think Kate's move would have been in that instance?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Kate's stubbornness is her greatest flaw and her greatest strength. How is this personality trait both desirable and unattractive? Would you like this kind of trait in your boyfriend/girlfriend? Why or why not?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)