|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracted Kate out the window?
2. Who is Howie actually?
3. At what time was Kate most lonely?
4. What did he think they might name their firstborn?
5. What did Slik return with wrapped in a jacket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Kate furious?
2. In what ways did Kate feel like she had fallen down the rabbit hole?
3. Why does David want to teach Kate how to play football?
4. How did Kate create a catastrophe at the concert hall?
5. How did Dave know who the camera belonged to?
6. How did Kate look to Dave?
7. Why did Howie blush?
8. What made Kate feel more secure in her own home?
9. How did Dave feel about rattling Kate's composure every once in awhile.
10. Why did Kate get so worked up about her mom coming for dinner on Saturday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Try to provide a reason why some people are work-a-holics. In what ways can working too hard contribute to a shorter life span? What kinds of health defects can occur from not taking proper care of oneself? Explain some ways people reduce stress after working very hard.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Kate's stubbornness is her greatest flaw and her greatest strength. How is this personality trait both desirable and unattractive? Would you like this kind of trait in your boyfriend/girlfriend? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did the interaction with Kate's parents help Dave to better understand her? In what ways would it be possible to feel sorry for a child living in such a household? How could this kind of parenting be responsible for productive and driven adults, but also depriving children of their only chance to be children?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)