|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kate miss?
2. Where did David invite her parents?
3. What did Kate say Dave probably was doing?
4. What would play have been equated with in the Finn household?
5. What time does Kate have her students?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Kate furious?
2. How did Kate look to Dave?
3. Why did Elsie call Kate stupid?
4. Why did Howie blush?
5. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
6. What was David making for dinner and who all was invited for dinner?
7. Why was Kate mad at David?
8. Why did Kate get so worked up about her mom coming for dinner on Saturday?
9. In what ways did Kate feel like she had fallen down the rabbit hole?
10. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In terms of literature, what kind of character is Kate? What about Dave? Could both be considered the same kind of character? Why or why not? Is Kate the only kind of character like this in the novel? If so, why do you think that is? If not, who else can be considered to possess the same character description?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why romance is seldom like it is in books. What elements are usually missing in real life? What kinds of things do the characters do, or that they experience, appears to be fantastical in elements, or situations?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person is Kate? What kind of life does she lead? Explain how Kate and Dave's personalities actually compliment each other. What kind of life awaits them later on?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)