|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kate's job in the kitchen?
2. What vehicle did they drive to the bingo hall?
3. What did Kate wish her yogurt were?
4. What time does Kate have her students?
5. What did Kate say Dave probably was doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
2. In what ways did Kate feel like she had fallen down the rabbit hole?
3. What was the first thing that made Kate's heart flop for during the evening?
4. Why was David considering buying Kate three Porsches?
5. How did Dave know who the camera belonged to?
6. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
7. How was it evident that Dave loved Kate?
8. Why did Kate get so worked up about her mom coming for dinner on Saturday?
9. What was David making for dinner and who all was invited for dinner?
10. What made Kate furious?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the kitten Kate lost represent to her? What literary device is this? What did it mean to Kate when she had lost it? Do you think this is a normal reaction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In terms of literature, what kind of character is Kate? What about Dave? Could both be considered the same kind of character? Why or why not? Is Kate the only kind of character like this in the novel? If so, why do you think that is? If not, who else can be considered to possess the same character description?
Essay Topic 3
How is this novel a typical romance? Compare it to the plot outlines of at least two other romance novels. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)