|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours after Kate had gotten up did Dave?
2. How many tally marks did they make on Kate's cast?
3. Why couldn't Howie get the window open upstairs?
4. How long was the vacation Kate was given?
5. What did Kate not have time for that she regretted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kate look to Dave?
2. In what ways did Kate feel like she had fallen down the rabbit hole?
3. Why did Kate get so worked up about her mom coming for dinner on Saturday?
4. Why did Elsie call Kate stupid?
5. Why does David want to teach Kate how to play football?
6. How did Kate create a catastrophe at the concert hall?
7. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
8. How did Dave feel about rattling Kate's composure every once in awhile.
9. Why did Howie and Slik show up at David's house?
10. Why was Kate mad at David?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Try to provide a reason why some people are work-a-holics. In what ways can working too hard contribute to a shorter life span? What kinds of health defects can occur from not taking proper care of oneself? Explain some ways people reduce stress after working very hard.
Essay Topic 2
What did the kitten Kate lost represent to her? What literary device is this? What did it mean to Kate when she had lost it? Do you think this is a normal reaction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
For what sort of reasons did Kate and Anatole's marriage fail? Why does Kate believe that Dave and her relationship will fail? Do you think this is an accurate assessment? Why or why not? What revelation does Kate have about her marriage to Anatole, and how does it affect her present relationship?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)