|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food did Kate want with her bingo winnings?
2. What distracted Kate out the window?
3. What kind of kiss did David give Kate before she left?
4. What made Kate feel less vulnerable?
5. What time is dinner on Saturday.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kate look to Dave?
2. Why was Kate mad at David?
3. What was David making for dinner and who all was invited for dinner?
4. In what ways did Kate feel like she had fallen down the rabbit hole?
5. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
6. Why did Howie blush?
7. What made Kate feel more secure in her own home?
8. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
9. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
10. Why was David considering buying Kate three Porsches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast David and Kate. Explain how they are suited for one another romantically, and how they differ from each other. Would you have thought that these two types of personalities would get along? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of thoughts plagued Kate's mind after she woke up the morning after the dinner party? How are these thoughts reasonable? How are they the mark of a woman running scared from her last marriage? How are they likely the affect of a traumatic dinner party the night before? Do you think Kate is being reasonable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Dave was so afraid to show Kate his third floor that he locked it up tight every time she was over. How do you think the story would have progressed if he would have shown her the room earlier? What do you think Kate's move would have been in that instance?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)