|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would play have been equated with in the Finn household?
2. What color and kind of car were the people making sure they got on camera?
3. What move does Elsie make to help Kate?
4. How many pounds did the doctor tell Howie to lose?
5. What was a sign of mental instability?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Kate feel more secure in her own home?
2. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
3. How did Dave feel about rattling Kate's composure every once in awhile.
4. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
5. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
6. How did Kate look to Dave?
7. In what ways did Kate feel like she had fallen down the rabbit hole?
8. What was David making for dinner and who all was invited for dinner?
9. Why was it okay in David's mind to be tuned out?
10. How did Kate create a catastrophe at the concert hall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Speculate on the point of the house across the street blowing up. What kind of affect do you think this has on the plot line? Do you think this affect could have been achieved in another manner? Explain how or why not.
Essay Topic 2
Try to provide a reason why some people are work-a-holics. In what ways can working too hard contribute to a shorter life span? What kinds of health defects can occur from not taking proper care of oneself? Explain some ways people reduce stress after working very hard.
Essay Topic 3
How does Kate's passion say a lot about who she is? How can you tell about someone's personality by their interests? What can you tell? Describe a personality profile for Dave and for Kate based on what they like to do, and their jobs.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)