|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What started the chaos in the music hall?
2. What was going to be played at the evenings rehearsal?
3. What did Kate's mother accidentally butter instead of her roll?
4. What would she have done if she would have had more time?
5. Where did David invite her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
2. What was David making for dinner and who all was invited for dinner?
3. Why did Elsie call Kate stupid?
4. In what ways did Kate feel like she had fallen down the rabbit hole?
5. What made Kate feel more secure in her own home?
6. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
7. How did Dave know who the camera belonged to?
8. What made Kate furious?
9. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
10. Why was David's hand between Kate's thighs while he was driving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Kate's stubbornness is her greatest flaw and her greatest strength. How is this personality trait both desirable and unattractive? Would you like this kind of trait in your boyfriend/girlfriend? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Janet Evanovich juxtaposes many different characters along side each other in her novels. What do you think is the purpose of such juxtaposition? How well do you think Kate and Dave are suited to each other? Grace and Michael? Elsie and Gus? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Elsie and Kate. What kinds of people are they? Who is most likely to get in trouble, and why? Who would you most want on your side in a fight, and why?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)