|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Kate breaking her leg?
2. How had Howie's weight changed?
3. What was a poor choice of words for Howie?
4. What did Kate's mother accidentally butter instead of her roll?
5. What did he think they might name their firstborn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Dave feel about rattling Kate's composure every once in awhile.
2. In what ways did Kate feel like she had fallen down the rabbit hole?
3. Why was Kate mad at David?
4. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
5. Why does David want to teach Kate how to play football?
6. Why did Elsie call Kate stupid?
7. How did Kate create a catastrophe at the concert hall?
8. Why did Howie blush?
9. What did Dave have in mind for Kate's six weeks off?
10. Why was David's hand between Kate's thighs while he was driving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dave was so afraid to show Kate his third floor that he locked it up tight every time she was over. How do you think the story would have progressed if he would have shown her the room earlier? What do you think Kate's move would have been in that instance?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the kittens. What does her kitten represent to Kate? Why is she so distraught when the kitten is missing? Speculate on the gifts of multiple kittens. What kind of symbol do you think this could represent?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast David and Kate. Explain how they are suited for one another romantically, and how they differ from each other. Would you have thought that these two types of personalities would get along? Why or why not?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)