|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did he think they might name their firstborn?
2. How much money did Kate win?
3. What was one of David's favorite toys?
4. What would she have done if she would have had more time?
5. What fictional character does Dave compare Elsie to
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was David's hand between Kate's thighs while he was driving?
2. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
3. How did Dave feel about rattling Kate's composure every once in awhile.
4. Why was Kate mad at David?
5. Why did Howie blush?
6. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
7. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
8. How was it evident that Dave loved Kate?
9. How did Kate look to Dave?
10. Why was David considering buying Kate three Porsches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the interaction with Kate's parents help Dave to better understand her? In what ways would it be possible to feel sorry for a child living in such a household? How could this kind of parenting be responsible for productive and driven adults, but also depriving children of their only chance to be children?
Essay Topic 2
What did the kitten Kate lost represent to her? What literary device is this? What did it mean to Kate when she had lost it? Do you think this is a normal reaction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is this novel a typical romance? Compare it to the plot outlines of at least two other romance novels. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)