|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color and kind of car were the people making sure they got on camera?
2. How much money did Kate win?
3. How many tally marks did they make on Kate's cast?
4. What couldn't she get within three feet of without getting a rush?
5. What does Kate think about footballs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
2. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
3. How did Kate create a catastrophe at the concert hall?
4. What made Kate furious?
5. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
6. Why did Howie blush?
7. What was David making for dinner and who all was invited for dinner?
8. How did Kate look to Dave?
9. What did Dave have in mind for Kate's six weeks off?
10. What made Kate feel more secure in her own home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of thoughts plagued Kate's mind after she woke up the morning after the dinner party? How are these thoughts reasonable? How are they the mark of a woman running scared from her last marriage? How are they likely the affect of a traumatic dinner party the night before? Do you think Kate is being reasonable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why romance is seldom like it is in books. What elements are usually missing in real life? What kinds of things do the characters do, or that they experience, appears to be fantastical in elements, or situations?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Elsie and Kate. What kinds of people are they? Who is most likely to get in trouble, and why? Who would you most want on your side in a fight, and why?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)