|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Kate break her leg?
2. What had Kate written in the dust on her bureau?
3. How many hours after Kate had gotten up did Dave?
4. What was Dave doing?
5. What did Elsie talk Kate into doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Howie and Slik show up at David's house?
2. Why did Elsie call Kate stupid?
3. What did Dave have in mind for Kate's six weeks off?
4. How did Kate create a catastrophe at the concert hall?
5. What was David making for dinner and who all was invited for dinner?
6. Why did Kate get so worked up about her mom coming for dinner on Saturday?
7. What was the first thing that made Kate's heart flop for during the evening?
8. How did Dave know who the camera belonged to?
9. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
10. Why did Howie blush?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is this novel a typical romance? Compare it to the plot outlines of at least two other romance novels. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Try to provide a reason why some people are work-a-holics. In what ways can working too hard contribute to a shorter life span? What kinds of health defects can occur from not taking proper care of oneself? Explain some ways people reduce stress after working very hard.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Kate's stubbornness is her greatest flaw and her greatest strength. How is this personality trait both desirable and unattractive? Would you like this kind of trait in your boyfriend/girlfriend? Why or why not?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)