|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did her feather quilt cost her?
(a) Four hundred dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Three hundred dollars.
2. What sight caused Kate to purse her lips?
(a) Her quilt.
(b) The wet quilt.
(c) The hole in her ceiling.
(d) Her roof,
3. What was the purpose of David stopping at the practice field?
(a) To recruit someone to help finance his endeavors.
(b) To recruit someone to help get her mattress in her house.
(c) To explain why he won't be there for practice later.
(d) To introduce Kate as his new girlfriend.
4. What was it too soon for?
(a) Them to go to bed together.
(b) Any kind of sexual interaction beyond kissing.
(d) Kate to come creeping into his bed.
5. What was different about the compliments she received from David?
(a) The words came from him.
(b) They were honest.
(c) They were sincere and not conjured up for conversation.
(d) They were whispered in the dark intimacy of a Porsche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin does Dave ask Kate if she takes?
2. Why was it a good thing Elsie's previous job retired her?
3. What did Dave find he liked about Kate?
4. What two neighbors had baked David cakes?
5. Why was David on her roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Elsie like the senior citizens home?
2. Why did Howie and Slik show up at David's house?
3. What is the price for David's assistance?
4. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
5. What did David note about Elsie's gun?
6. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
7. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
8. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
9. Why is David so bent out of shape about breakfast?
10. Why was Kate mad at David?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)