|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Cash and Carry store?
2. How long had Kate and David been neighbors?
(a) Four months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
3. What comment does Elsie make on Kate's nightgown?
(a) It's ugly.
(b) It's not showy.
(c) It's horrid.
(d) It's lovely.
4. What is Kate rushing out of the house for?
(a) A concert.
(b) A rehearsal.
(c) An exercise class.
(d) A lesson.
5. What does David suggest that they could stay up all night doing?
(a) Eating popcorn and telling ghost stories.
(b) Watching movies and eating popcorn.
(c) Making love.
(d) Gossiping about celebrities.
6. What did Dave tell Kate to do when he left her sitting there?
(a) To stay here.
(b) To go get help.
(c) To call the police.
(d) To call Elsie.
7. What was Kate yearning for?
(a) Some human companionship.
(b) David's no fail layer cake.
(c) David to be in her home again.
(d) A boyfriend.
8. What was different about the compliments she received from David?
(a) They were sincere and not conjured up for conversation.
(b) They were whispered in the dark intimacy of a Porsche.
(c) They were honest.
(d) The words came from him.
9. How many story's were the red brick buildings?
10. What instrument did Kate's ex husband play?
(a) The saxophone.
(b) The piano.
(c) The french horn.
(d) The oboe.
11. What smell permeated David's home?
(a) Burning wood from the fireplace and cookies.
(b) Fresh bread and apple pie.
(c) Motor oil and apple pie.
(d) Charred applewood and fresh baked spice cake.
12. What Disney character is mentioned in this chapter?
(b) Snow White.
(c) Princess Aurora.
13. What "weapon" did Kate find?
(a) Perfume atomizer.
(b) A yogurt cup.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A hairbrush.
14. Kate admits that she is impulsive and emotional about everything but...?
(a) Domestic partnerships.
15. What kind of food did David order?
(c) Chinese food.
(d) Japanese food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is Kate's concert?
2. What was the name of the Schneiders' dog?
3. What two neighbors had baked David cakes?
4. How old was the bush that Kate and Elsie crashed into?
5. What is Kate's preferred morning beverage?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)