|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Elsie make on Kate's nightgown?
(a) It's horrid.
(b) It's not showy.
(c) It's lovely.
(d) It's ugly.
2. What did David hate about Kate?
(a) Her huge leather purse.
(b) Her black coat.
(c) Her hurried hello's.
(d) Her large, odd shaped metal case.
3. What was hard for Kate to grasp?
(a) How nice he was to her.
(b) That he could bake.
(c) Being between jobs.
(d) How he could charm her so easily.
4. What is Kate rushing out of the house for?
(a) A rehearsal.
(b) An exercise class.
(c) A concert.
(d) A lesson.
5. What primarily occupies David's time?
(b) Reading comic books.
(d) Watching Kate.
6. What was different about the compliments she received from David?
(a) The words came from him.
(b) They were sincere and not conjured up for conversation.
(c) They were honest.
(d) They were whispered in the dark intimacy of a Porsche.
7. What does Kate notice about David that is very sexy?
(a) His appearance.
(b) His hair.
(c) His voice.
(d) His commanding presence.
8. What sight caused Kate to purse her lips?
(a) The hole in her ceiling.
(b) The wet quilt.
(c) Her roof,
(d) Her quilt.
9. What was Kate yearning for?
(a) Some human companionship.
(b) David's no fail layer cake.
(c) David to be in her home again.
(d) A boyfriend.
10. Why does everyone try to feed Kate, according to Elsie?
(a) She's too skinny.
(b) They're afraid she isn't getting her nutrition.
(c) She's malnourished.
(d) She's thin.
11. What kinds of images did the idea of removing her dress evoke?
(a) Old fashioned images.
(b) Sexy ones.
(c) Family images.
(d) Passionate ones.
12. What instrument did Kate's ex husband play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The french horn.
(c) The saxophone.
(d) The oboe.
13. What fumes were making Kate crazy?
(b) Cedar wood.
14. What did Dave nearly drop in his lap?
(a) His sandwich.
(b) His tea.
(c) His coffee.
(d) His dinner.
15. What exercise does Dave suggest to Kate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kate admits that she is impulsive and emotional about everything but...?
2. What two neighbors had baked David cakes?
3. What did Dave tell Kate to do when he left her sitting there?
4. Who showed up at the door?
5. Why was David on her roof?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)