|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kate admits that she is impulsive and emotional about everything but...?
(c) Domestic partnerships.
2. What smell permeated David's home?
(a) Burning wood from the fireplace and cookies.
(b) Motor oil and apple pie.
(c) Fresh bread and apple pie.
(d) Charred applewood and fresh baked spice cake.
3. What was hard for Kate to grasp?
(a) Being between jobs.
(b) How he could charm her so easily.
(c) How nice he was to her.
(d) That he could bake.
4. What irritates Kate in the mornings?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Being deprived of morning coffee.
(c) Not getting enough sleep.
(d) Not being able to practice.
5. What style were they built in?
(a) English style.
(b) Federal style.
(c) American style.
(d) Imperial style.
6. What fumes were making Kate crazy?
(a) Cedar wood.
7. What did Kate say that hurt David?
(a) That she doesn't like to be touched by a man with designs on her.
(b) That he can't come over anymore, now that Elsie's moving in.
(c) That he should get out and never come near her again.
(d) That his desire to touch her robe was a ploy to fondle her.
8. What did Dave find he liked about Kate?
(a) She didn't mind being rumpled.
(b) She was happy in things that were inexpensive.
(c) She was comfortable in her own skin.
(d) She was cute in her pink robe.
9. What interrupted Kate's concentration?
(a) The music critic's snort.
(b) The smack on the head he delivered to the critic.
(c) The intense look of David.
(d) David's whistle.
10. What kinds of images did the idea of removing her dress evoke?
(a) Passionate ones.
(b) Sexy ones.
(c) Family images.
(d) Old fashioned images.
11. What did Elsie give to David?
(a) A really large revolver.
(b) A smack on the face.
(c) A dirty look.
(d) A chaste kiss.
12. How much did her feather quilt cost her?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Four hundred dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
13. Why was photography frustrating?
(a) He wasn't that good at it.
(b) There was little creativity involved.
(c) Every client thought they could do it better.
(d) He had to conform to someone else's ideas.
14. What does pureed beef look like?
(b) Brown slush.
(c) Dog food.
(d) Cat food.
15. What does Dave offer the team to solicit their help?
(a) Candy and pizza.
(b) Beer and burgers.
(c) Beer and pizza.
(d) Alcohol and junk food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job was Kate given?
2. What dog does David compare Kate to?
3. What is Kate's marital status?
4. What two neighbors had baked David cakes?
5. What kind of weather vane was on the top of the birthday cake house?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)