|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it a good thing Elsie's previous job retired her?
(a) She was sick of stuffing fat women into bra's and girdles.
(b) She was too old, and was happy with not working anymore.
(c) She wanted to try a new experience.
(d) She hated her job.
2. What style were they built in?
(a) Federal style.
(b) American style.
(c) Imperial style.
(d) English style.
3. What does Elsie say that Washington is crawling with?
4. What was different about the compliments she received from David?
(a) They were sincere and not conjured up for conversation.
(b) The words came from him.
(c) They were whispered in the dark intimacy of a Porsche.
(d) They were honest.
5. How many story's were the red brick buildings?
6. How does Kate describe her marriage to Anatole?
(d) Sterile and modern.
7. What was it too soon for?
(b) Any kind of sexual interaction beyond kissing.
(c) Them to go to bed together.
(d) Kate to come creeping into his bed.
8. What does David suggest to cheer Kate up?
(a) He cooks her dinner.
(b) They go downstairs and see what's in her refrigerator.
(c) She come over to his place for awhile.
(d) She comes over for tea.
9. What exercise does Dave suggest to Kate?
10. What comment does Elsie make on Kate's nightgown?
(a) It's lovely.
(b) It's horrid.
(c) It's ugly.
(d) It's not showy.
11. What observation hit Kate in the pit of her stomach?
(a) There were no kids on A. Street.
(b) She was in love with David.
(c) There were no young families to be seen.
(d) She'd never had a trick or treater.
12. What did Kate say to David's spontaneous marriage proposal?
(a) She'd rather get boiled in oil.
13. What kinds of images did the idea of removing her dress evoke?
(a) Family images.
(b) Sexy ones.
(c) Passionate ones.
(d) Old fashioned images.
14. What was Kate called behind her back?
(a) Freakshow Finn.
(b) Formidable Finn.
(c) The Katester.
(d) Fancy Finn.
15. What irritates Kate in the mornings?
(a) Not being able to practice.
(b) Being deprived of morning coffee.
(c) Not getting enough sleep.
(d) Being alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "weapon" did Kate find?
2. What was hard for Kate to grasp?
3. What Disney character is mentioned in this chapter?
4. What was Kate yearning for?
5. What happened to Kate on Friday?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)