|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elsie say about David?
(a) He looks like he's after your pants.
(b) He looks like a bad guy.
(c) He looks like a good guy.
(d) Watch out for that one, he's got plans.
2. What was Kate yearning for?
(a) David's no fail layer cake.
(b) Some human companionship.
(c) David to be in her home again.
(d) A boyfriend.
3. What kind of wood was the elaborate arch separated the living room from the dining room?
4. What was the purpose of David stopping at the practice field?
(a) To recruit someone to help get her mattress in her house.
(b) To explain why he won't be there for practice later.
(c) To introduce Kate as his new girlfriend.
(d) To recruit someone to help finance his endeavors.
5. How much did her feather quilt cost her?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Four hundred dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
6. What had fallen through Kate's roof?
(a) A meteor.
(b) A tail rotor of a helicopter.
(c) A twisted piece of wreckage.
(d) A camera pod from a helicopter.
7. Where was her concert being held?
(a) The Science Academy.
(b) The Arlington Concert Hall.
(c) The Washington Memorial Concert Hall.
(d) The National Academy of Sciences.
8. What color were the wing chairs that were in David's house?
(a) Pine green.
(b) Forest green.
(c) Lincoln green.
(d) Lime green.
9. What interrupted Kate's concentration?
(a) David's whistle.
(b) The intense look of David.
(c) The smack on the head he delivered to the critic.
(d) The music critic's snort.
10. What comment made it difficult for David to keep the smile from his face?
(a) She had already been married once.
(b) She had nowhere to sleep that night.
(c) The ugly coat he hated was ruined.
(d) She was single and lonely.
11. How does Kate describe her marriage to Anatole?
(b) Sterile and modern.
12. What instrument did Kate's ex husband play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The oboe.
(c) The french horn.
(d) The saxophone.
13. What is Kate's marital status?
14. Who showed up at the door?
(a) A FAA investigator.
(c) A carpenter,
15. What is the source of David's money?
(a) He sold the photography business for lots of money.
(b) He won the lottery.
(c) He inherited a lot of money.
(d) He robbed a bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "weapon" did Kate find?
2. What does Elsie say that Washington is crawling with?
3. What primarily occupies David's time?
4. What sight caused Kate to purse her lips?
5. What kind of weather vane was on the top of the birthday cake house?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)