|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had fallen through Kate's roof?
(a) A twisted piece of wreckage.
(b) A meteor.
(c) A camera pod from a helicopter.
(d) A tail rotor of a helicopter.
2. Where was her concert being held?
(a) The Washington Memorial Concert Hall.
(b) The Science Academy.
(c) The National Academy of Sciences.
(d) The Arlington Concert Hall.
3. How does Kate describe David's home?
(a) Warm and cluttered with life.
4. What does Elsie think about David?
(a) He's taking advantage of her.
(b) He's a bad man.
(c) He won't treat her well.
(d) He's a spy.
5. What did neither genius that lived in the house know about?
(a) Making a cake.
(b) Frosting in a can.
6. How much did her feather quilt cost her?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Three hundred dollars.
(c) Four hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
7. What exercise does Dave suggest to Kate?
8. What two neighbors had baked David cakes?
(a) Erica Pearson and Ms. Butler.
(b) Emily Peterson and Mrs. Butler.
(c) Emily Pearson and Mrs. Butters.
(d) Emily Pearson and Mrs. Butler.
9. What vitamin does Dave ask Kate if she takes?
(a) Vitamin C.
(c) Vitamin B.
(d) Vitamin A.
10. Who showed up at the door?
(b) A FAA investigator.
(d) A carpenter,
11. What irritates Kate in the mornings?
(a) Not getting enough sleep.
(b) Being deprived of morning coffee.
(c) Not being able to practice.
(d) Being alone.
12. What job was Kate given?
(a) Layout design.
(b) Ordering the pizza.
(c) Moving the dresser.
(d) Moving the mattresses.
13. What couldn't Dave stand about working at Adtech?
(a) The neon lights.
(b) The small cubicles.
(c) The fact that he had to wear a tie.
(d) The rotating hours.
14. What fumes were making Kate crazy?
(d) Cedar wood.
15. What was Kate yearning for?
(a) Some human companionship.
(b) David's no fail layer cake.
(c) David to be in her home again.
(d) A boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Elsie have?
2. What color were the wing chairs that were in David's house?
3. What happened to Kate on Friday?
4. Why wouldn't someone assume that Kate does drugs?
5. What was hard for Kate to grasp?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)