|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elsie say that Washington is crawling with?
2. Who showed up at the door?
(a) A carpenter,
(d) A FAA investigator.
3. What is Kate rushing out of the house for?
(a) A rehearsal.
(b) A concert.
(c) A lesson.
(d) An exercise class.
4. What is the source of David's money?
(a) He won the lottery.
(b) He robbed a bank.
(c) He sold the photography business for lots of money.
(d) He inherited a lot of money.
5. How much warning was in David's smile?
(a) Twenty percent.
(b) Ninety percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Thirty percent.
6. What kind of feeling did Dave expect when he thought of holding Kate?
7. What was Kate yearning for?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) David's no fail layer cake.
(c) Some human companionship.
(d) David to be in her home again.
8. What did Elsie give to David?
(a) A smack on the face.
(b) A chaste kiss.
(c) A really large revolver.
(d) A dirty look.
9. What did neither genius that lived in the house know about?
(a) Making a cake.
(c) Frosting in a can.
10. What two neighbors had baked David cakes?
(a) Emily Pearson and Mrs. Butters.
(b) Emily Pearson and Mrs. Butler.
(c) Emily Peterson and Mrs. Butler.
(d) Erica Pearson and Ms. Butler.
11. Why wouldn't someone assume that Kate does drugs?
(a) She's way to chaste.
(b) Her house is too nice.
(c) She dresses like Mary Poppins.
(d) She doesn't look the type.
12. What was hard for Kate to grasp?
(a) How nice he was to her.
(b) That he could bake.
(c) Being between jobs.
(d) How he could charm her so easily.
13. What does it mean when an alarm goes off in Kate's house?
(a) She's late,
(b) She needs to get ready.
(c) She has to leave.
(d) She's going to be late.
14. What sight caused Kate to purse her lips?
(a) The hole in her ceiling.
(b) Her quilt.
(c) The wet quilt.
(d) Her roof,
15. What Disney character is mentioned in this chapter?
(b) Princess Aurora.
(c) Snow White.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fumes were making Kate crazy?
2. What was it too soon for?
3. What exercise does Dave suggest to Kate?
4. What kind of weather vane was on the top of the birthday cake house?
5. Why was photography frustrating?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)