|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David hate about Kate?
(a) Her large, odd shaped metal case.
(b) Her hurried hello's.
(c) Her huge leather purse.
(d) Her black coat.
2. What kinds of trees were stunted?
3. What does Elsie say that Washington is crawling with?
4. What was Kate now wearing?
(a) A sexy teddy.
(b) Her ugly nightie.
(c) Borrowed sweats and woolen socks.
(d) A satin night robe.
5. What did Kate say that hurt David?
(a) That he should get out and never come near her again.
(b) That she doesn't like to be touched by a man with designs on her.
(c) That he can't come over anymore, now that Elsie's moving in.
(d) That his desire to touch her robe was a ploy to fondle her.
6. What primarily occupies David's time?
(a) Watching Kate.
(c) Reading comic books.
7. What was the purpose of David stopping at the practice field?
(a) To recruit someone to help finance his endeavors.
(b) To introduce Kate as his new girlfriend.
(c) To explain why he won't be there for practice later.
(d) To recruit someone to help get her mattress in her house.
8. What exercise does Dave suggest to Kate?
9. What was Kate yearning for?
(a) David to be in her home again.
(b) Some human companionship.
(c) A boyfriend.
(d) David's no fail layer cake.
10. What business did David run with a partner?
(a) Roller skating.
(b) Amusement park.
(d) Corner store.
11. Who showed up at the door?
(a) A carpenter,
(b) A FAA investigator.
12. What kind of food did David order?
(a) Japanese food.
(c) Chinese food.
13. What does it mean when an alarm goes off in Kate's house?
(a) She needs to get ready.
(b) She's late,
(c) She's going to be late.
(d) She has to leave.
14. Why was David on her roof?
(a) He was trying to fix it.
(b) He was peeping on her.
(c) He was making sure no prowlers got in.
(d) He wanted to scare her.
15. What color were the wing chairs that were in David's house?
(a) Lime green.
(b) Lincoln green.
(c) Forest green.
(d) Pine green.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Schneiders' dog?
2. What fictional character did the old lady remind Kate of?
3. What Disney character is mentioned in this chapter?
4. What kind of feeling did Dave expect when he thought of holding Kate?
5. What noise preceded David's fall through the roof?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)