|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David suggest to cheer Kate up?
(a) She comes over for tea.
(b) They go downstairs and see what's in her refrigerator.
(c) He cooks her dinner.
(d) She come over to his place for awhile.
2. Where did Elsie aim to shoot the man on the roof?
(a) The knee.
(b) His chest.
(c) The privates.
(d) His shoulder.
3. What was hard for Kate to grasp?
(a) That he could bake.
(b) Being between jobs.
(c) How nice he was to her.
(d) How he could charm her so easily.
4. How does Kate describe her marriage to Anatole?
(d) Sterile and modern.
5. What day of the week was it?
6. What bridge did Kate and Dave drive on?
(a) The Washington Monument bypass.
(b) The Arlington Memorial bridge.
(c) The Arlington Memorial overpass.
(d) The Texas Ranger bridge.
7. What exercise does Dave suggest to Kate?
8. What irritates Kate in the mornings?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Not being able to practice.
(c) Not getting enough sleep.
(d) Being deprived of morning coffee.
9. What was Kate called behind her back?
(a) Formidable Finn.
(b) Freakshow Finn.
(c) The Katester.
(d) Fancy Finn.
10. What kinds of images did the idea of removing her dress evoke?
(a) Passionate ones.
(b) Sexy ones.
(c) Family images.
(d) Old fashioned images.
11. Why was David on her roof?
(a) He wanted to scare her.
(b) He was peeping on her.
(c) He was trying to fix it.
(d) He was making sure no prowlers got in.
12. What does Elsie say that Washington is crawling with?
13. How long had Kate and David been neighbors?
(a) Four months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
14. What sight caused Kate to purse her lips?
(a) The wet quilt.
(b) The hole in her ceiling.
(c) Her quilt.
(d) Her roof,
15. What fictional character did the old lady remind Kate of?
(a) Daisy duck.
(c) Grandma Simpson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business did David run with a partner?
2. Where is the Cash and Carry store?
3. What is Kate's preferred morning beverage?
4. How many story's were the red brick buildings?
5. What comment made it difficult for David to keep the smile from his face?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)