|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did David run with a partner?
(a) Amusement park.
(c) Roller skating.
(d) Corner store.
2. What happened to Kate on Friday?
(a) She got a parking ticket.
(b) Her mother died.
(c) Her dinner burned.
(d) She was late to work.
3. What did Kate forget?
(a) Her music stand.
(b) Her cello.
(c) Her keys.
(d) Her cummerbund.
4. What sight caused Kate to purse her lips?
(a) The hole in her ceiling.
(b) The wet quilt.
(c) Her roof,
(d) Her quilt.
5. What time is Kate's concert?
6. What did Kate say that hurt David?
(a) That she doesn't like to be touched by a man with designs on her.
(b) That he can't come over anymore, now that Elsie's moving in.
(c) That he should get out and never come near her again.
(d) That his desire to touch her robe was a ploy to fondle her.
7. What is Kate's marital status?
8. Who used to work with Dave?
(a) Lenny Newfarmer.
(b) Howard Berk.
(d) Elmo Nichols.
9. What is the name of Dave's sports team?
(a) The Blood and Guts Couch Potatoes.
(b) The Guts and Goo Couch Potatoes.
(c) The Guts and Blood Couch Potatoes.
(d) The Blood and Guts Fried Potatoes.
10. What irritates Kate in the mornings?
(a) Being deprived of morning coffee.
(b) Not being able to practice.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Not getting enough sleep.
11. Where did Elsie aim to shoot the man on the roof?
(a) His chest.
(b) The privates.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) The knee.
12. Why was photography frustrating?
(a) He wasn't that good at it.
(b) Every client thought they could do it better.
(c) There was little creativity involved.
(d) He had to conform to someone else's ideas.
13. What observation hit Kate in the pit of her stomach?
(a) There were no kids on A. Street.
(b) There were no young families to be seen.
(c) She'd never had a trick or treater.
(d) She was in love with David.
14. How long had Kate and David been neighbors?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Four months.
15. What did Elsie say about David?
(a) He looks like he's after your pants.
(b) He looks like a bad guy.
(c) He looks like a good guy.
(d) Watch out for that one, he's got plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the wing chairs that were in David's house?
2. What was Kate yearning for?
3. Why did Kate come back to Dave's house?
4. What fumes were making Kate crazy?
5. What did Dave find he liked about Kate?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)