|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irritates Kate in the mornings?
(a) Being deprived of morning coffee.
(b) Not being able to practice.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Not getting enough sleep.
2. What fictional character did the old lady remind Kate of?
(a) Grandma Simpson.
(c) Daisy duck.
3. What did Kate forget?
(a) Her music stand.
(b) Her keys.
(c) Her cummerbund.
(d) Her cello.
4. What time is Kate's concert?
5. What material did David use to fix her ceiling?
(a) The fence in their backyard.
(c) House wrap.
6. What fumes were making Kate crazy?
(a) Cedar wood.
7. How long had Kate and David been neighbors?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Four months.
8. Who used to work with Dave?
(a) Howard Berk.
(b) Lenny Newfarmer.
(c) Elmo Nichols.
9. What did neither genius that lived in the house know about?
(b) Frosting in a can.
(d) Making a cake.
10. What did Dave nearly drop in his lap?
(a) His sandwich.
(b) His tea.
(c) His coffee.
(d) His dinner.
11. What dog does David compare Kate to?
(a) A Rottweiler.
(b) A Doberman.
(c) A Golden Retriever.
(d) A Poodle.
12. What smell permeated David's home?
(a) Fresh bread and apple pie.
(b) Burning wood from the fireplace and cookies.
(c) Charred applewood and fresh baked spice cake.
(d) Motor oil and apple pie.
13. How much did her feather quilt cost her?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) Four hundred dollars.
(d) Three hundred dollars.
14. What did Dave tell Kate to do when he left her sitting there?
(a) To stay here.
(b) To go get help.
(c) To call Elsie.
(d) To call the police.
15. What job does Elsie have?
(a) Slinging burgers.
(b) A pilot.
(c) Girdles and bra's.
(d) Costume designer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Disney character is mentioned in this chapter?
2. What was different about the compliments she received from David?
3. How does Kate describe David's home?
4. Why was photography frustrating?
5. What job was Kate given?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)