|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did Kate's ex husband play?
(a) The oboe.
(b) The piano.
(c) The saxophone.
(d) The french horn.
2. What did neither genius that lived in the house know about?
(b) Making a cake.
(c) Frosting in a can.
3. What noise preceded David's fall through the roof?
(a) The sound of wood breaking.
(b) The sound of tarred paper tearing.
(c) The sound of shingles crunching.
(d) The sound of plywood breaking.
4. What was Kate trying to do but couldn't?
(b) Eat breakfast.
(c) Wash dishes.
(d) Have privacy.
5. Why wouldn't someone assume that Kate does drugs?
(a) She doesn't look the type.
(b) She dresses like Mary Poppins.
(c) Her house is too nice.
(d) She's way to chaste.
6. What does Elsie think about David?
(a) He's a bad man.
(b) He's taking advantage of her.
(c) He's a spy.
(d) He won't treat her well.
7. What was hard for Kate to grasp?
(a) That he could bake.
(b) How he could charm her so easily.
(c) Being between jobs.
(d) How nice he was to her.
8. What does pureed beef look like?
(a) Dog food.
(b) Cat food.
(c) Brown slush.
9. What does Dave say about Kate's lifestyle?
(a) It shortens lifespan.
(b) It lowers her immune system.
(c) It leaves no time for romance.
(d) It is the leading cause of malnutrition.
10. What did Dave find he liked about Kate?
(a) She was comfortable in her own skin.
(b) She didn't mind being rumpled.
(c) She was happy in things that were inexpensive.
(d) She was cute in her pink robe.
11. What kind of weather vane was on the top of the birthday cake house?
(a) A flying horse.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A rooster.
(d) A horse.
12. How much warning was in David's smile?
(a) Ninety percent.
(b) Twenty percent.
(c) Thirty percent.
(d) Ten percent.
13. What time is Kate's concert?
14. What kinds of trees were stunted?
15. Why does everyone try to feed Kate, according to Elsie?
(a) They're afraid she isn't getting her nutrition.
(b) She's thin.
(c) She's malnourished.
(d) She's too skinny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of images did the idea of removing her dress evoke?
2. What two neighbors had baked David cakes?
3. What interrupted Kate's concentration?
4. What did Elsie give to David?
5. What does it mean when an alarm goes off in Kate's house?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)