|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kate forget?
(a) Her music stand.
(b) Her cummerbund.
(c) Her keys.
(d) Her cello.
2. What material did David use to fix her ceiling?
(b) The fence in their backyard.
(c) House wrap.
3. What did Kate say to David's spontaneous marriage proposal?
(d) She'd rather get boiled in oil.
4. What bridge did Kate and Dave drive on?
(a) The Texas Ranger bridge.
(b) The Arlington Memorial bridge.
(c) The Washington Monument bypass.
(d) The Arlington Memorial overpass.
5. What is Kate rushing out of the house for?
(a) An exercise class.
(b) A lesson.
(c) A concert.
(d) A rehearsal.
6. What sight caused Kate to purse her lips?
(a) Her quilt.
(b) The hole in her ceiling.
(c) The wet quilt.
(d) Her roof,
7. What does David suggest that they could stay up all night doing?
(a) Watching movies and eating popcorn.
(b) Making love.
(c) Gossiping about celebrities.
(d) Eating popcorn and telling ghost stories.
8. Where was her concert being held?
(a) The Washington Memorial Concert Hall.
(b) The Arlington Concert Hall.
(c) The National Academy of Sciences.
(d) The Science Academy.
9. What does Elsie think about David?
(a) He won't treat her well.
(b) He's a spy.
(c) He's a bad man.
(d) He's taking advantage of her.
10. What does David suggest to cheer Kate up?
(a) He cooks her dinner.
(b) She comes over for tea.
(c) They go downstairs and see what's in her refrigerator.
(d) She come over to his place for awhile.
11. What day of the week was it?
12. Why was David on her roof?
(a) He was trying to fix it.
(b) He was peeping on her.
(c) He wanted to scare her.
(d) He was making sure no prowlers got in.
13. What does Elsie say that Washington is crawling with?
14. What fumes were making Kate crazy?
(d) Cedar wood.
15. What did Kate say that hurt David?
(a) That he should get out and never come near her again.
(b) That she doesn't like to be touched by a man with designs on her.
(c) That his desire to touch her robe was a ploy to fondle her.
(d) That he can't come over anymore, now that Elsie's moving in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Elsie have?
2. What was the purpose of David stopping at the practice field?
3. How does Kate describe her marriage to Anatole?
4. What primarily occupies David's time?
5. How many story's were the red brick buildings?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)