|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it been since Esme claims to have seen Chad?
2. Where does Myron do a stakeout the following night?
3. What secret does Norm need to keep?
4. Why did Esme kidnap Chad?
5. Who now thinks that the kidnapping was a hoax?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author portray teenagers in the book?
2. What is the shocking news that Linda gives Jack when she phones him?
3. What motive would Norm have had to kill Jack and kidnap Chad?
4. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
5. What true story does Chad tell after Myron protests that Chad is lying about his account of the kidnapping?
6. Why is Linda a suspect in Jack's murder?
7. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
8. How do the mall girls lead Myron to a clue about the neo-Nazi who beat him up?
9. What is the only situation in the book where the author changes point of view from Myron to another character?
10. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Myron, Linda, Chad, and Win. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book BACK SPIN? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Jack What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)