|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Myron to pick up Chad?
2. Which of the following is NOT true about the envelope in which Chad's finger was found?
3. Linda says they once received ____________ from Peru.
4. Who does Reginald say that Matt saw looking at Chad's car in the parking lot of the Court Manor Inn?
5. Where does Myron do a stakeout the following night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
2. Describe the encounter Myron and Esperanza have with Reginald Squires, Carl, and some other thugs.
3. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
4. How do the mall girls lead Myron to a clue about the neo-Nazi who beat him up?
5. Describe Esperanza's encounter in the biker bar.
6. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
7. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
8. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
9. What is the only situation in the book where the author changes point of view from Myron to another character?
10. Where is Myron looking when he realizes that he has solved the crime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
BACK SPIN is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)