|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Tad been having an affair?
2. What shocks Myron when he is looking through Lloyd Rennart's personal effects?
3. How long had it been since Esme claims to have seen Chad?
4. What is significant about the location where Jack was shot?
5. Where does Carl order Myron to drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprising information do Carl and the motel maid give to Myron?
2. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
3. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
4. What true story does Chad tell after Myron protests that Chad is lying about his account of the kidnapping?
5. What motive would Norm have had to kill Jack and kidnap Chad?
6. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
7. What is the only situation in the book where the author changes point of view from Myron to another character?
8. Explain Esperanza's theory of the kidnapping.
9. Where is Myron looking when he realizes that he has solved the crime?
10. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Coben's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Jack What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book BACK SPIN? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)