|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the news conveyed during the phone call received while Victoria and Myron meet with Linda?
2. Who accompanies Myron to pick up Chad?
3. What does Myron say is the loose end in the case?
4. Where does Myron go at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What is significant about the location where Jack was shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myron find Tito's house and unfortunately, Tito's dead body?
2. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
3. Explain Esperanza's theory of the kidnapping.
4. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
5. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
6. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
7. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
8. Where is Myron looking when he realizes that he has solved the crime?
9. What is Reginald's reaction when Myron tells him about Chad's kidnapping?
10. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of Chad's severed finger. What does it signify? What role does it play in the story? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Cissy Lockwood. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Cissy Lockwood's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)