|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT go to the biker bar?
2. Who does Diane, Jack's caddy, believe is behind the kidnapping and murder?
3. Who is a suspect in Jack's murder?
4. What is the location where Jack was shot?
5. What does Myron have a tendency to do when he is nervous?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myron secure a meeting with Lloyd Rennart's widow?
2. What surprising information do Carl and the motel maid give to Myron?
3. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
4. What motive would Norm have had to kill Jack and kidnap Chad?
5. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
6. What is Reginald's reaction when Myron tells him about Chad's kidnapping?
7. Where is Myron looking when he realizes that he has solved the crime?
8. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
9. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
10. What does Myron tell Victoria and Linda about Lloyd Rennart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Myron. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Even though they are single and accomplished women, Esme and Esperanza seem very different. Compare and contrast Esme and Esperanza. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Coben uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)