Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Esperanza's former profession?
2. Myron names two of Tito's friends "Escape" and ____________.
3. What does Esme claim Chad was doing the last time she saw him?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about the envelope in which Chad's finger was found?
5. Who does Reginald say was the person who climbed out of Chad's bedroom window?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Coben use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book BACK SPIN? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)