|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esme claim Chad was doing the last time she saw him?
2. What is the name of the cliff from which Lloyd Rennart jumped?
3. Which of the following does NOT go to the biker bar?
4. Who calls Myron and needs to see him right away?
5. Who is the black man who accosts Myron and Esperanza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Myron. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)