|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT go to the biker bar?
2. What was Carl's former profession?
3. Which of the following is NOT true about the envelope in which Chad's finger was found?
4. What is the location where Jack was shot?
5. What does Myron say is the loose end in the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Esme's explanation of the affair with Chad?
2. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
3. What surprising information do Carl and the motel maid give to Myron?
4. How do the mall girls lead Myron to a clue about the neo-Nazi who beat him up?
5. What information does Matt give Myron about Chad's affair and his own activities related to the kidnapping?
6. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
7. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
8. What is Reginald's reaction when Myron tells him about Chad's kidnapping?
9. Describe Esperanza's encounter in the biker bar.
10. How does Myron secure a meeting with Lloyd Rennart's widow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Myron, Linda, Chad, and Win. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Jack What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)