|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myron think is the source of Jack's erratic playing today?
2. What is the murder weapon that the police have found?
3. Why is Chad taken to the doctor?
4. Myron names two of Tito's friends "Escape" and ____________.
5. Where does Myron go at the beginning of Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only situation in the book where the author changes point of view from Myron to another character?
2. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
3. What true story does Chad tell after Myron protests that Chad is lying about his account of the kidnapping?
4. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
5. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
6. What information does Matt give Myron about Chad's affair and his own activities related to the kidnapping?
7. What surprising information does Linda reveal about being Chad's mother.
8. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
9. Explain Esperanza's theory of the kidnapping.
10. Describe the encounter Myron and Esperanza have with Reginald Squires, Carl, and some other thugs.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Myron. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Even though they are single and accomplished women, Esme and Esperanza seem very different. Compare and contrast Esme and Esperanza. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Linda. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)