|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda do when Myron catches her attention outside her house and asks for more information?
2. Who now thinks that the kidnapping was a hoax?
3. Which of the following does Reginald Squires NOT say to Myron?
4. What do the police find as the weapon that killed Tito?
5. Which of the following does Myron not do to Escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Matt give Myron about Chad's affair and his own activities related to the kidnapping?
2. What does Myron tell Victoria and Linda about Lloyd Rennart?
3. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
4. Where is Myron looking when he realizes that he has solved the crime?
5. How does Myron find Tito's house and unfortunately, Tito's dead body?
6. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
7. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
8. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
9. What is the shocking news that Linda gives Jack when she phones him?
10. What true story does Chad tell after Myron protests that Chad is lying about his account of the kidnapping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coben uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Myron, Linda, Chad, and Win. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)