|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Linda's attorney?
2. What does Francine give Myron permission to go through?
3. Which of the following does Reginald Squires NOT say to Myron?
4. With whom does Chad spend the night at the hotel?
5. What was Carl's former profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
2. How do the mall girls lead Myron to a clue about the neo-Nazi who beat him up?
3. What is the only situation in the book where the author changes point of view from Myron to another character?
4. How does Myron find Tito's house and unfortunately, Tito's dead body?
5. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
6. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
7. Describe the encounter Myron and Esperanza have with Reginald Squires, Carl, and some other thugs.
8. What information does Matt give Myron about Chad's affair and his own activities related to the kidnapping?
9. What does Myron tell Victoria and Linda about Lloyd Rennart?
10. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though they are single and accomplished women, Esme and Esperanza seem very different. Compare and contrast Esme and Esperanza. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Myron, Linda, Chad, and Win. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)