|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Esperanza's former profession?
2. Myron names two of Tito's friends "Escape" and ____________.
3. What does Esme claim Chad was doing the last time she saw him?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about the envelope in which Chad's finger was found?
5. Who does Reginald say was the person who climbed out of Chad's bedroom window?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Coben uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Even though they are single and accomplished women, Esme and Esperanza seem very different. Compare and contrast Esme and Esperanza. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)