|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crusty's real name?
2. Why is Chad taken to the doctor?
3. What does Myron think is the source of Jack's erratic playing today?
4. What does Esme claim Chad was doing the last time she saw him?
5. Myron names two of Tito's friends "Escape" and ____________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe Cissy Lockwood. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Cissy Lockwood's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Myron, Linda, Chad, and Win. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Coben use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)