|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Linda says they once received ____________ from Peru.
2. What is Myron curious about regarding Lloyd?
3. Where do Myron and Esperanza try to find Matthew Squires?
4. Who is a suspect in Jack's murder?
5. With whom does Chad spend the night at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
2. Explain Esperanza's theory of the kidnapping.
3. What is Esme's explanation of the affair with Chad?
4. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
5. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
6. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
7. Describe the encounter Myron and Esperanza have with Reginald Squires, Carl, and some other thugs.
8. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
9. Where is Myron looking when he realizes that he has solved the crime?
10. What surprising information do Carl and the motel maid give to Myron?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Jack What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)