|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Chad NOT say happened to him when he was kidnapped?
2. Who has won the U.S. Open?
3. How long had it been since Esme claims to have seen Chad?
4. Which of the following does Reginald Squires NOT say to Myron?
5. Who is Myron's receptionist?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
2. Explain Esperanza's theory of the kidnapping.
3. What is the shocking news that Linda gives Jack when she phones him?
4. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
5. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
6. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
7. What surprising information does Linda reveal about being Chad's mother.
8. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
9. What is Esme's explanation of the affair with Chad?
10. What does Myron tell Victoria and Linda about Lloyd Rennart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
BACK SPIN is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Coben's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)