|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chad taken to the doctor?
2. What is Myron curious about regarding Lloyd?
3. Who surprisingly confronts Myron?
4. What information does Esperanza find out about the car accident that killed Lloyd's first wife?
5. Where does Myron meet with Esme?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Linda a suspect in Jack's murder?
2. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
3. Describe Esperanza's encounter in the biker bar.
4. What is the shocking news that Linda gives Jack when she phones him?
5. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
6. How does Myron secure a meeting with Lloyd Rennart's widow?
7. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
8. How does Myron find Tito's house and unfortunately, Tito's dead body?
9. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
10. Where is Myron looking when he realizes that he has solved the crime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
BACK SPIN is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of homosexuality that still existed at the time BACK SPIN was written in 1997. Compare and contrast homosexuality in America during the late 20th century to homosexuality in America today. What major changes have occurred, including both positive and negative?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)