|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role is Myron serving for Tad?
2. Who accompanies Myron to pick up Chad?
3. What was Esperanza's former profession?
4. Why does Myron call Francine Rennart again?
5. What happened years ago that makes Win avoid his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myron find Tito's house and unfortunately, Tito's dead body?
2. What is the only situation in the book where the author changes point of view from Myron to another character?
3. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
4. What surprising information do Carl and the motel maid give to Myron?
5. What does Myron tell Victoria and Linda about Lloyd Rennart?
6. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
7. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
8. What motive would Norm have had to kill Jack and kidnap Chad?
9. How does the author portray teenagers in the book?
10. What is Esme's explanation of the affair with Chad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Win. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of Chad's severed finger. What does it signify? What role does it play in the story? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)