|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Esperanza find out about the car accident that killed Lloyd's first wife?
2. Who does Myron deduce was the man with Jack at the motel?
3. Who calls Myron and needs to see him right away?
4. What is the name of the biker bar?
5. Where does Myron meet with Esme?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
2. How does the author portray teenagers in the book?
3. What is Esme's explanation of the affair with Chad?
4. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
5. Explain Esperanza's theory of the kidnapping.
6. How does Myron find Tito's house and unfortunately, Tito's dead body?
7. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
8. How does Myron secure a meeting with Lloyd Rennart's widow?
9. What motive would Norm have had to kill Jack and kidnap Chad?
10. How do the mall girls lead Myron to a clue about the neo-Nazi who beat him up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book BACK SPIN? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Linda. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Win. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)