|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT go to the biker bar?
2. How does Myron torture Escape after he follows him to his house?
3. What is Myron curious about regarding Lloyd?
4. What is Tito's condition when Myron finds him?
5. What is the news conveyed during the phone call received while Victoria and Myron meet with Linda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
2. How does Myron find Tito's house and unfortunately, Tito's dead body?
3. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
4. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
5. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
6. What is Esme's explanation of the affair with Chad?
7. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
8. What information does Matt give Myron about Chad's affair and his own activities related to the kidnapping?
9. What is Reginald's reaction when Myron tells him about Chad's kidnapping?
10. What motive would Norm have had to kill Jack and kidnap Chad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though they are single and accomplished women, Esme and Esperanza seem very different. Compare and contrast Esme and Esperanza. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book BACK SPIN? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)