|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Myron NOT find among Lloyd Rennart's personal effects?
2. The mention of ________ makes Esme seem wary.
3. What is Lloyd Rennart's widow's profession?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Esme?
5. Which of the following does Reginald Squires NOT say to Myron?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the taboo of homosexuality that still existed at the time BACK SPIN was written in 1997. Compare and contrast homosexuality in America during the late 20th century to homosexuality in America today. What major changes have occurred, including both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 2
Coben uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Cissy Lockwood. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Cissy Lockwood's character in the novel?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)