|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Linda says they once received ____________ from Peru.
2. What is Lloyd Rennart's widow's profession?
3. What does Francine give Myron permission to go through?
4. Which of the following does Reginald Squires NOT say to Myron?
5. Who has won the U.S. Open?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Esperanza's encounter in the biker bar.
2. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
3. What is Esme's explanation of the affair with Chad?
4. How does Myron find Tito's house and unfortunately, Tito's dead body?
5. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
6. How does the author portray teenagers in the book?
7. What surprising information do Carl and the motel maid give to Myron?
8. What surprising information does Linda reveal about being Chad's mother.
9. What information does Matt give Myron about Chad's affair and his own activities related to the kidnapping?
10. How do the mall girls lead Myron to a clue about the neo-Nazi who beat him up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of Chad's severed finger. What does it signify? What role does it play in the story? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 2
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Coben use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)